Man Charged for Impersonating Soldier

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Man Charged for Impersonating Soldier

Post by GordonH »

^^^ I will say it again the jacket Mr Harper is wearing has no markings of rank, its a jacket that can be purchased at any military surplus store i. e. Surplus Herby's.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

GordonH wrote:^^^ I will say it again the jacket Mr Harper is wearing has no markings of rank, its a jacket that can be purchased at any military surplus store i. e. Surplus Herby's.

Gotcha. Still think he's a *insert string of expletives here*. :P
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Is it possible that were it somebody, other than Harper or a prominent politician, who was provided a flight jacket, that you might not be so upset about it. We really are not talking about the same thing here at all, as someone like Gervais trying to portray themselves as a decorated veteran. It was more likely a case of someone saying to Harper: Here.. put this one as it is probably more appropriate outerwear for a helicopter flight than your topcoat.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Treblehook wrote:This character decided he would acquire and wear the uniform of a Canadian soldier, and worse yet, that he would wear the badges and decorations [medals] earned by a real man. Gervais is a complete disgrace. Who knows what the courts will eventually do with this jerk, but hopefully he has been, and will continue to be, humiliated by the widespread media coverage and the public condemnation that has resulted from his despicable fraud. My guess is he wouldn't last through one week of basic training, never mind stand the test of actual combat.

BOTTOM LINE. this guy is a peice of sh..,and needs a real *bleep* kicking. what he did was a discrace to everyone that has worn a military uniform and died for it. imho he should do 2 full years in jail, what he did was no JOKE HA HA NOT FUNNY
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Agree 100%. I doubt he will get much, if any, jail time. Maybe I am cynical, but would be surprised if the court dealt with this crime as harshly as most citizens would wish.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Treblehook wrote:Agree 100%. I doubt he will get much, if any, jail time. Maybe I am cynical, but would be surprised if the court dealt with this crime as harshly as most citizens would wish.

I don't know. The court can be fairly heavy handed when it comes to crimes against our men and women in uniform, military or police.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Canada”