Why people are really starting to hate cops

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why people are really starting to hate COPS

Post by Donald G »

I take it that "chasing after a surveillance team" has only one meaning and one possible interpretation in your world of make believe where all facts are known before they are released?
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Your comments [wanderingman] clearly reveal that you have significantly less than a rudimentary understanding of police and police work. The reality is most people who have posted on this thread have put forth the opinion that the officer in this case [based on the media reports] used bad judgement and should likely be held accountable for his actions. It has also been stated that a subsequent review of the circumstances and the initial decision not to lay any charges was occurring. Your "Yah but" style of anti police nattering is a waste of time.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Treblehook wrote:Your comments [wanderingman] clearly reveal that you have significantly less than a rudimentary understanding of police and police work. The reality is most people who have posted on this thread have put forth the opinion that the officer in this case [based on the media reports] used bad judgement and should likely be held accountable for his actions. It has also been stated that a subsequent review of the circumstances and the initial decision not to lay any charges was occurring. Your "Yah but" style of anti police nattering is a waste of time.

your Blathering of Pro bad cops is also a waste of time. One does not need to fully understand the inner working of the police to know full well this cop is a 100% wrong in this case and in case you forgot he killed a 5 year old kid by using extremely bad judgement
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Donald G wrote:I take it that "chasing after a surveillance team" has only one meaning and one possible interpretation in your world of make believe where all facts are known before they are released?

I believe this cop was not involved/included in the survellence and therefore should not have been doing what he was doing and even if he was its not like he was rushing to a accident or bank robbery in process etc
there was no urgency in this matter at that time
IF anyone can prove that there was such urgency in this matter that it justifys the cop killing a 5 year kid then lets here about it. I don't want to hear blah blah blah .just respond if you have intimate knowledge that proves the cop was right

REMEMBER its been proved
The speed limit on the street was 50 km/h.
The officer was not responding to a call or to an emergency
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

wanderingman wrote:
I believe this cop was not involved/included in the survellence and therefore should not have been doing what he was doing and even if he was its not like he was rushing to a accident or bank robbery in process etc
there was no urgency in this matter at that time

this post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...

first you believe this cop wans not involved/included in the operation... what gives you this idea?

then you state even if he was.... so what is your opinion was he or was he not?

and lastly we are back to that critical thinking portion and knowledge of process and procedure...

What do you base your contention that there was no urgency involved?

What if the "political" surveillance was one of the IIS group ... or one of those responsible for the bombings that have gone on around NA???? Would that meet your idea of an emergency?
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Apparently Quebec is starting a new inquiry over this tragic situation, but I'm guessing only because it is mentioned in the last sentence of this GnM editorial.
I think its is well written and please read it even though I've been labeled a cop hater.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-de ... e21779673/

edit: typo
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

What if the "political" surveillance was one of the IIS group ... or one of those responsible for the bombings that have gone on around NA???? Would that meet your idea of an emergency?

now your being absurd. we are talking about this one case and what the cop was doing or not doing when he killed the 5 year old. we are discussing actual case not some stupid what if theorys in general regarding police chases in general
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Wow you are sure bold talking about wacky theories.
It has been stated by those involved that the police officer was engaged in political surveillance.
Gee do ya think it could be following a radical islamic bomber?
Yup, sure adds up to wacky theory!
Get with the program yourself and start to realize the cops are not the bad guys.

Still want to know what you intent to do when you or your family need one! Bet that will be the hardest call you ever make, if you make it at all.... from your posts I kind of think you will endeavour to deal with the situation yourself however and hmmm let us know how that works out for you
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

omisimaw wrote:Wow you are sure bold talking about wacky theories.
It has been stated by those involved that the police officer was engaged in political surveillance.
Get with the program yourself and start to realize the cops are not the bad guys.

Still want to know what you intent to do when you or your family need one! Bet that will be the hardest call you ever make, if you make it at all.... from your posts I kind of think you will endeavour to deal with the situation yourself however and hmmm let us know how that works out for you

you seem to think cops are not human, some type of machine? cops are human, make mistakes , deal with it
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

In this case the police were doing their job! You can just get over that yourself.
and yes they are well trained precision machines! and yes machines breakdown from time to time....
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

omisimaw wrote:Wow you are sure bold talking about wacky theories.

he was allegedly tailing the car belonging to a former member of Quebec’s Liberal Party.
Hey BM Omisimaw does that sound like a Islamic bomber? maybe you get with the program and realize not all cops are good guys. This cop is bad.He broke laws and killed a kid just 5 years old he should charged with verhicular manslaughter
Anyone whom thinks this cop is a good guy and did no wrong are dumbest of dumb
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Where did you see his duty call? Please by all means post the actual record....
But again wanderingman it actually all boils down to you not having a grasp on what the training and duty is all about.
WE get it
to you all cops are bad, especially when there is a tragedy.
I truly, truly feel sorry for you as it is going to be hard for you to decide whether to call the proper authority when you or your family require it or to just handle it yourself.
As you keep posting how you are so much more in tune with what needs to be done I fear you will decide to handle it yourself...
and again.... I will state... let us know, IF YOU CAN in the end, how it works out for you....
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

wanderingman said: "your Blathering of Pro bad cops is also a waste of time. One does not need to fully understand the inner working of the police to know full well this cop is a 100% wrong in this case and in case you forgot he killed a 5 year old kid by using extremely bad judgement".

It is difficult to respond to some of your posts in a polite way wanderingman. I won't be so rude as to declare you an idiot, but will ask if you have difficulty comprehending what you are reading? You must because I don't think any one has posted comments that defended the actions of the cop who was involved in this fatal accident. Certainly I did not defend his actions, nor did I offer any excuses for what he did.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Treblehook wrote:wanderingman said: "your Blathering of Pro bad cops is also a waste of time. One does not need to fully understand the inner working of the police to know full well this cop is a 100% wrong in this case and in case you forgot he killed a 5 year old kid by using extremely bad judgement".

It is difficult to respond to some of your posts in a polite way wanderingman. I won't be so rude as to declare you an idiot, but will ask if you have difficulty comprehending what you are reading? You must because I don't think any one has posted comments that defended the actions of the cop who was involved in this fatal accident. Certainly I did not defend his actions, nor did I offer any excuses for what he did.

Kind of works both ways when two people have opposing views. So Iam an Idiot according to you because I believe the cop did a terrible deed that was 100% preventable and had he obeyed laws hes actually hired to uphold.This chase that caused him to hit and kill a 5 year old child was in its self ridiculous(chase and reason) You sir are seem to be the one having trouble comprehending here in my opinion because people like you are the root of the evil in that your view is the correct one and all others that have different one become idiots.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To wanderingman ...

Just to clarify; I clicked on the "LIKE" button completely in error. But I guess when you are the odd man out on such a regular basis I guess every little bit counts. Now back to the real world ...

Return to “Canada”