Why people are really starting to hate cops

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why people are really starting to hate cops

Post by Donald G »

Anti human for merely identifying what the true facts were found to be regarding the two incidents instead of the judicially determined to be false findings that you tried to pass off as being the truth ??

WADR any similarity between your comments and the real life situation in Canada regarding the police is IMO strictly accidental.

Why is it so important to you, on an emotional rather than intellectual level, that the police be found to have done wrong, regardless of the circumstances.

Did you know that in BC today about 65% of complaints against the police (usually received from people with your "the police are guilty" attitude) are determined to be unfounded ?? A terrible abuse of a legitimate process put in place to try to insure that every citizen receives fair treatment from the police.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Donald, I stand corrected about the arms. I think it's sad but that's what happens when one wants to become American. Canada is also walking that direction.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Donald G wrote:.

Did you know that in BC today about 65% of complaints against the police (usually received from people with your "the police are guilty" attitude) are determined to be unfounded ?? A terrible abuse of a legitimate process put in place to try to insure that every citizen receives fair treatment from the police.

I think 35% of complaints being found legite is of concern.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Static wrote:Agreed. But, I'm not too sure where you get the terrorist activity galore from. Outside of 911, there has not been any major acts that I am aware of.

Did you forget about the London bombing that targeted the public transportation system in 2005? 56 deaths and about 700 injuries sounds "major" to me.

How about the attack on the Glasgow International Airport in 2007?

How about the attempted car bombs in London in 2007? Or the attempted suicide bomber in Birmingham?

monilynno wrote:There's no point is discussing anything with you Donald, your obviously a statist and anti human, your posts clearly show that freedom from government over reach is your last desire. I'm saddened that such authoritarians as your self exist in my country. If history teaches us anything it is this, those who work to crush freedom and human dignity eventually meet the lamp post.

I'm a huge fan of posts like these. A person, in this case Donald, who clearly doesn't agree with every opinion that you have, provides you with statistics and facts that support his own. Your reaction is nothing more than calling him names and taking the dramatic position of essentially blaming Donald for the undoing of our Charter.

Grow up.

What I am saddened by is that, in a country of free speech and shared opinions, that you've just presented here your inability to actually discuss an issue. You know, with facts and that sort of thing. Instead, you rely on emotional arguments, correlations that simply don't exist, and finally, personal insults. I'm not saddened by people with opposing opinions and viewpoints, I'm saddened by people like you who are completely unwilling to take any amount of fact or information into account, and feel that by expressing their right to free speech, others are the end of freedom.

I admit, I'm a little bit embarrassed by your response. If over 100 police officers in BC alone have been murdered, one could argue that obviously the appropriate safety equipment were not provided in many of those cases, yet you're opposed to providing law enforcement with that equipment.

monilynno wrote:Because it is the precursor to a dystopian society. It won't be long till this type of equipment will be used for a simple noise complaint as is evidenced in the US, and that many lived through in Europe during and after WW 2.

I also wanted to address this. The precursor to a dystopian society is actually not providing equipment to law enforcement. In Nazi Germany, German police were not given new equipment. Nor were they in the Soviet Union. The only thing that changed in those countries were the orders given to the police.

In the US now, there is no state that is a "police state."

What is the difference between Canada/US and Nazi Germany/USSR? The government. In each of those examples, Hitler and Stalin existed in a political system that permitted total authority. You'll find - or you would, if you actually studied politics instead of pretending that you do - that total power in Canada and the US is not possible. Stephen Harper actually cannot order our law enforcement agencies to "create a dystopian society." Further still, we have so many police agencies in Canada that they themselves don't always see eye to eye.

It's this sort of information that I think is important to take into account when making ones opinion. It's easy to grasp an emotional response and running with it, but it is always far more relevant to actually take the time to do the studying to see how all this has occurred in the past so that you don't make the error of misrepresenting history in the future.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Static ...

As usual you have formed a conclusion before the facts needed to form a conclusion were known.

Would it not depend on how many complaints were received and how many officer public contacts there were ??

It works out to a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the millions of officer to civilian contacts that take place yearly in BC.

Just in case you were interested in the truth for a change.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Donald G wrote:To Static ...

As usual you have formed a conclusion before the facts needed to form a conclusion were known.

Would it not depend on how many complaints were received and how many officer public contacts there were ??

It works out to a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the millions of officer to civilian contacts that take place yearly in BC.

Just in case you were interested in the truth for a change.

Thanks, I gathered all that. Please, let us all know how many police complaints there are on an annual basis.

Out of curiosity, are you or someone at armslength to you a police officer?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Freeright, your essays are too long to read.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Static wrote:Thanks, I gathered all that. Please, let us all know how many police complaints there are on an annual basis.

Out of curiosity, are you or someone at armslength to you a police officer?

I believe he is/was a police officer.

But that doesn't matter. I haven't and won't be, and I think those statistics still apply.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^^ I agree.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Static wrote:Freeright, your essays are too long to read.

That's okay, the only part of that one that you missed was the short list of actual and attempted terrorist attacks in the UK since 2001.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

FreeRights wrote:That's okay, the only part of that one that you missed was the short list of actual and attempted terrorist attacks in the UK since 2001.

I read it.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Static ...

You said "I read it".

Did you not think the carnage and potential carnage was important enough to include in your pro terrorist comments ??
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To wanderingman ...

Where are all of these people who "are really starting to hate cops" ??

Is it true you have your annual "hate cops" meetings in the cab of a pick-up truck ??

Perhaps Static, who normally sits in the middle, can answer since you seem to have "wandered off" ??
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Donald, I am still waiting for you to provide the number of police complaints there are on an annual basis.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Static ...

The following show the complete number of complaints lodged against all non RCMP police forces in British Columbia for the year 2007 to the present ... along with the outcome for those from years past.

Best you read it carefully as unfortunately the total number of officer to citizen or violator contacts is not given in order to put the complaints in perspective.

https://www.opcc.bc.ca/statistics/stati ... ports.html
Last edited by Donald G on May 23rd, 2015, 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Canada”