Why people are really starting to hate cops

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why people are really starting to hate COPS

Post by Donald G »

To wanderingman ...

There are risks involved in an adult or child moving about in ANY environment but the alternative to living a normal life is simply not acceptable.

Every day across Canada any number of mothers, fathers, sons and daughters meet death. Often through no fault of their own, other than going about living their lives and encountering others in the process of doing the same thing.

It can be intellectually explained but not emotionally accepted. It is not a matter of justice, nor injustice. It is just a matter of being forced by circumstances to accept the risks inherent in going about living our individual lives.

Whether a person acted outside of their normal expected behaviour and caused injury or death is what our criminal court system is charged with determining. How well or poorly they do it is another matter entirely.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

omisimaw wrote:We do?
Sorry but I do not know the woman. I do know though that she has just lost a child so will be so over taken with grief that thoughts and feelings will be very clouded.
It is absolutely to be expected and any mother would want answers....
I am sure this will take a very long time to analyze, investigate, analyze again and that there will be many, many meetings of all minds working long and hard to come to a reasonable explanation to what took place.

Wow... I don't know what to say about your first two sentences other than the fact she has had 9 months to clear her "clouded" thoughts and feelings :(
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Those who have lost a child will tell you that you NEVER "get over" losing a child.

They only learn to live with it the best they can.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Quote from News article I just read today:

The RCMP are no longer what they once were, and much of that has taken place under the Harper government.
Even the caliber of the RCMP officers themselves has changed dramatically...along with their militarized methods.
So how do we define what they have now become?
We will never receive answers on anything from the RCMP if in fact they have somehow placed themselves in an "untouchable" position...as apparently is the case.
It has not always been so.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To wanderingman ...

You left a phrase out of your last comment.

" .... has not always been so AND IS NOT SO NOW".
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

wandering... that was not a quote at all, just more of your gibberish....

Maybe go to the help section and learn how to post a quote on this forum or ask for help from the mods and when you post a quote post the source....
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

posting this here because the rest of the story has been posted here.

why would rcmp members want to let gun smugglers continue working rather than allowing a fellow member build a case to shut them down? it is bad enough some members would choose to attack another member, but to purposely thwart an effort to stop 'illegal' guns from entering our communities, that seems very odd. or ist? maybe the rcmp are responsible for 'illegal' gun traffic in 'canada'. the boss cop, paulson, he seems to be taking the pro-gun smuggling side.

Explosive allegations, secret affidavit
Maclean’s Editor Mark Stevenson: ‘We are going to court to tell a story we believe is of great public interest’

Charlie Gillis
December 9, 2014

Maclean’s, CBC and the Postmedia newspaper chain intend to challenge a sealing order this week on an affidavit said to contain explosive allegations—claims that sent a discernible shockwave through the courtroom when they became known to the parties.

The affidavit was provided last Thursday during the civil trial of Sgt. Peter Merrifield, an officer who has sued the RCMP for alleged harassment, breach of fiduciary duty and abuse of authority on the part of his superior officers.

Upon receiving the document, along with other affidavits, Justice Mary Vallee of the Ontario Superior Court in Newmarket, Ont. ordered everyone but the main parties out of the courtroom, had the doors sealed and instructed those present not to disclose or discuss the affidavits’ contents.

She then ordered the documents filed that day sealed from public view and adjourned Merrifield’s trial until May. Court transcripts of the discussion about the sealing order have also been sealed.

Merrifield, a 17-year veteran of the RCMP, emerged from the court looking dazed, while Department of Justice lawyers, representing the RCMP, could be heard arguing in an anteroom not long after the adjournment.

Justice Vallee must now consider whether the man who submitted the affidavit can testify as a witness for Merrifield—something federal lawyers argued strenuously against. She is expected to rule on that issue within weeks, if not days.

Maclean’s is not reporting what it has learned about the details of the affidavit. But the magazine, along with CBC and Postmedia, is challenging the sealing order on the grounds that there is compelling public interest in having it open for all to view.

“We are going to court to tell a story we believe is of great public interest, one which Canadians are entitled to know,” said Mark Stevenson, Maclean’s editor. “Maclean’s is interested in issues of public policy and accountability, and this is an important one.”

The filing of the affidavit marked an unexpected turn in a trial that had already delivered a few bombshells, including the revelation that one of the officers who allegedly harassed Merrifield was himself picked up in a 2006 john sting in London, Ont.

The claim had been ridiculed by RCMP commissioner Bob Paulson during a Senate committee appearance last year. But Paulson—who last week answered a subpoena to testify in the case—was presented while on the stand with a London city police report that appeared to bear the allegation out.

Merrifield also testified that two fellow RCMP officers repeatedly interfered with a gun-smuggling investigation he was overseeing in 2007 by discouraging one of his confidential informants from working with him.

It is that man whose eligibility as a witness is now at issue. Federal lawyers are asserting privilege that allows them to exclude confidential informants from testifying, while Merrifield’s lawyers say this case is different. The man is not the government’s witness, they note, adding that he was only briefly an informant, seven years ago, and should now be treated as any other witness.

Supt. Paul Hebert, the officer overseeing the Merrifield suit for the RCMP, declined comment about the affidavit outside court last week, citing the sealing order.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/expl ... ourt-seal/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

All that I make of the above is that allegations have been made. No evidence has been given that would in any way clarify whether there is anything to the allegations or not. The Media is using their position to try to force disclosure of information sealed by the court.

The court sealing informant information is a routine practice. To release it could cause severe retaliation, sometimes including death.

End of story for now.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

love it,,sooooooooooooooooo true,this day and age there is a crackhead on every block
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To wanderingman ...

Your choice of the title you picked for this string makes me want to ask you a couple of similar questions.

1. Why have you not stopped beating your wife and abusing your daughter ??

2. Have the police found out about what you were seen doing in the park last summer ??

Accusations and conclusions without foundation.
Last edited by Donald G on May 15th, 2015, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I just wonder who the people are that are starting to HATE cops.

Are they the same people that always hated them, usually people who have a lot of run ins with them.

It is certainly not me. I like them and I give them a lot of credit for doing a hard thankless job.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you got it,99.9% of cop haters, hate cops because they themselves have are and will again break the law
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I went to school with a guy who got transfered to Kelowna and on his first day he posted on his FB " it is time to go and kick some people in the head" in reference to that guy a few years ago. I called the RCMP, he got in trouble and I got unfriended.

I have a few other stories of hot headed police. There are some bad apples in the force that don't deserve respect let alone their badge. All it takes is a few bad apples to give the rest of them a bad name.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya, but there are millions of goof criminal out there, why not show hate for them instead, as you say a few bad apples- cops ???

Return to “Canada”