Harper 6th longest serving PM in Canadian history

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Harper 6th longest serving PM in Canadian history

Post by Donald G »

To hobbyguy ...

I was not aware that this string was opened for the purpose of determining a winner or a loser. How quaint.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Just a little light hearted teasing.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
johnp3
Fledgling

Post by johnp3 »

176,400,000,000 that is the Harpo deficit spending and his economic record is only better that depression era PM Benitte. I am a firm believer that voters that elected this ignorant coward should be proud and stand up and demand that they will pay off the deficit sent on useless policies remember he came in with a surplus, paying down the debt that Mulrooney ran up.
Stand up and be proud or as usual, blame everyone else, and be the freeloader we all know you really are.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

One man, Stephen Harper is now responsible for one third of Canada's accumulated debt. And that number will keep rising as Stevie is now spending those future surpluses that won't exist because the price of crude has collapsed.

It's funny how spending and debt don't matter to right-wingers when it's right-wingers spending and running it up.

Stephen Harper the best PM ever? And they wonder why we call them wingnuts.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Harper's spending was reckless, but the people he was running against can only blame themselves because they were promising to be be even more reckless if they became PM.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

harpers spending is reckless still.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Glacier wrote:Harper's spending was reckless, but the people he was running against can only blame themselves because they were promising to be be even more reckless if they became PM.

You'll have to give me some facts to work with, because unlike the fact Harper turned a string of Liberal surpluses into a string of Conservative deficits, your claim, "...because they were promising to be be even more reckless if they became PM." is simply absurd fantasy.

At any rate, thanks for underscoring my point that right-wingers couldn't care less about debt when right-wingers are running it up.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You'll have to give me some facts to work with, because unlike the fact Harper turned a string of Liberal surpluses into a string of Conservative deficits, your claim, "...because they were promising to be be even more reckless if they became PM." is simply absurd fantasy.

At any rate, thanks for underscoring my point that right-wingers couldn't care less about debt when right-wingers are running it up.
lol perfectly stated , cons be like its not our fault we ran up the deficit, it was the natives fault for wanting to many pelts in 1791 :)
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Interesting how people who have never actually "done the job" are always the few who have all of the answers.

People who have or are presently doing the job know it is much more complicated than it looks. A fact always overlooked by those UNknowledgeable few who always have all of the answers. As noted above.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

As if the finanical debt Harper has given us isn't bad enough, he's exposed us all to terrorist attacks because Harper has insisted on joining the American effort to manipulate and pillage the middle east. Canada used to be a neutral country that people around the world loved. Now, we are seen as nothing more than a puppet government of the USA and our leader has all but guaranteed that innocent Canadians will lose their lives because of the lives we are taking overseas. I could live with the debt....but it's far harder living with the ruined reputation that Harper has taken from us all. He's also put a huge target on us all. Thanks for nothing.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Danielson99...

Sounds like you do not want Canada to stand up for equality and fairness in the world ?? Especially gender equality and freedom of religion PROVIDING IT DOES NOT IMPOSE ITSELF ON OTHER PEOPLE. Indiscriminate bombing and shooting of innocent victims is obviously OK with you ??
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

While I don't agree with some of what this government has done I fully support the decision to join the US against ISIS in fact I wish they would go further and get soldiers on the ground for a more targeted response.
We can't sit and wait for things to get worse.

This may even be the main election issue that makes him the 5th longest serving PM
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Danielson99 wrote:Canada used to be a neutral country that people around the world loved.

Canada has never been a "neutral" country.
johnp3
Fledgling

Post by johnp3 »

If you Google Canadian PM's and the national debt you will see that there is no period that a Conservative ever ran a surplus not once. They run up the debit then blame the poor, pensioners and everyone else never not once do they ever have a plan that the people that got the tax breaks should pay them back and if a company takes a tax break saying they would do something then I would confiscate the complete company and all the management sell them into slavery, until every penny is paid back, If I was king Alcan Kitimat would be first on the list.
I have proposed an idiot tax, all conservatives register and pay taxes according the amount of debt, the conservatives run up the rest of us will pay the remaining amount. I find it amazing that the conservatives have not jumped all over this and even brought it up in the house as a great Idea they should be proud of what they have done, and pay for it
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To johnp3 ...

And people like you are going to start up magic companies that create the number of jobs needed to "pay back" the money owing? Good theory but completely lacking reality.

Definitely not an option.

Return to “Canada”