Canada threatened in video

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Canada threatened in video

Post by Treblehook »

That is one Canadian who should never, under any circumstances be allowed to re-enter Canada. Never! Let him stay there; wounded, sick, dying or just plain lonely. He has forfeited his rights by what he has done and said. I for one don't want him back here even if it were to spend the next 25 years in prison... cause I don't want to pay one cent toward feeding or looking after the scumbag!!!!! I fully agree with paying my share for any weapons or ammunition that might be used to arrange for him to meet his 72 ugly virgins and may they all be male.
mpom

Re: Canada threatened in video

Post by mpom »

Maybe there is a computer chip in his body somewhere that will guide the missiles and/or bombs to their location. We can only hope.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Thank God we have a Prime Minister with the backbone to stand up to these terrorists. If we had a weak leftist leading our nation, the terrorists would have already arrived.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/128 ... o#comments

one wonders how much harper's 'backbone' will protect you or your family should a jihadist decide to hit you a car, shoot you, or detonate near you.

there is much to be said for living life without fear.

this article has the full video.

The six-minute video said Canadians would be indiscriminately targeted and that Muslims were obliged to either join ISIS or “follow the example” of the attackers who struck in Ottawa and Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que.

“You either pack your bags, or prepare your explosive devices. You either purchase your airline ticket, or you sharpen your knife,” said the video, produced by a propaganda group linked to the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham.

The speaker identified himself as Abu Anwar al-Canadi, but five former friends said they recognized him as John Maguire, a University of Ottawa dropout who converted to Islam and became radicalized before vanishing last year.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/12/07 ... -the-most/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Treblehook wrote:That is one Canadian who should never, under any circumstances be allowed to re-enter Canada. Never! Let him stay there; wounded, sick, dying or just plain lonely. He has forfeited his rights by what he has done and said. I for one don't want him back here even if it were to spend the next 25 years in prison... cause I don't want to pay one cent toward feeding or looking after the scumbag!!!!! I fully agree with paying my share for any weapons or ammunition that might be used to arrange for him to meet his 72 ugly virgins and may they all be male.

Sadly chances are the Liberals of Canada will likely welcome him back.

Then the other sad sacks will say he made a minor mistake and no he shouldn't be locked up for life. It is no different then Omar Ahmed Khadr who tossed a hand grenades at troops killing a number of them, have they not let him loose now too.

I totally agree, he and any others with that same passion should be loaded on a airplane, only one shoot and that would be for the pilot after he turns the FREE ride straight up into the air and he jumps.
the quadguy
Fledgling

Post by the quadguy »

These people have made a choice to leave Canada and all it has to offer them. They are able to find their way over there, I wonder, Perhaps we should find someone willing to follow and put this poor misguided soul to sleep PERMANTLY. Instead, He threatens all Canadians with death threats. Now the human rights commision will say oh lets forgive him and pay for his way home, Because HE WILL WANT TO RETURN HOME!!. After all he has rights you know, The right to leave his country, the right to threaten Canadians ,the right to follow the muslim faith. But he has proven himself to be an infidel and deserves by muslim law to be put to death, So lets help dish out his punishment. I do really feel compassion for those folks that raised this idiot. They must be soooooo proud of their son.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

These people have made a choice to leave Canada and all it has to offer them. They are able to find their way over there, I wonder, Perhaps we should find someone willing to follow and put this poor misguided soul to sleep PERMANTLY.

both Rouleau and Bibeau tried to leave the country and they wouldn't let him, so, while they make the choice to leave, harper and his flunkies seem to think it is better they stay here and attack us. so, you may want to rethink your position.

If we had a weak leftist leading our nation, the terrorists would have already arrived.

bibeau and rouleau were already here, and they say they acted specifically because of the current 'government's' decisions. so you may want to rethink your position.

i have listened to, watched john maguire's video a couple times now, still haven't been able to find a threat within in it. could someone be so kind as to enlighten me as to what is being perceived as a threat?
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
the quadguy
Fledgling

Post by the quadguy »

A britishcolumbian You mean to tell me that you watched this person video and that you did not percieve any threat in his words?????? I suppose because he did not come out and say he wanted to shoot you personally, That you percieved no threat to canadians. I find that simply amazing. I guess if the muslims here act on his instructions and blow some of us poor obviously naive canadians that would not be percieved as a threat.? correct, just actions against the canadian people as a whole. *removed*
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i found nothing offensive or threatening in the video, whatsoever.

please provide a quote and or time in video for reference if you can come up with something.
T.Tsarnaev
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

What a wonderful Christmas message this young misguided soul has given to ALL his family and friends.
I can only wonder how his parents think.... or possibly they have encouraged this behaviour.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

bob vernon wrote:Thank God we have a Prime Minister with the backbone to stand up to these terrorists. If we had a weak leftist leading our nation, the terrorists would have already arrived.

I don't think you're getting it. Our Prime Minister is the ONLY reason we are facing an imminent attack. As long as we continue to be a puppet of the American government and their agenda we will continue to be treated like they are. Harper and his agenda have only guaranteed that we will suffer here on our own soil, it's inevitable. We have stuck our nose where it doesn't belong and I have no doubt we will pay for it..it's just a matter of time. Terrorists have never had any reason to arrive or attack Canada...until Harper took government.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Treblehook wrote:That is one Canadian who should never, under any circumstances be allowed to re-enter Canada. Never! Let him stay there; wounded, sick, dying or just plain lonely. He has forfeited his rights by what he has done and said. I for one don't want him back here even if it were to spend the next 25 years in prison... cause I don't want to pay one cent toward feeding or looking after the scumbag!!!!! I fully agree with paying my share for any weapons or ammunition that might be used to arrange for him to meet his 72 ugly virgins and may they all be male.

times two
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

He calls himself, Abu Anwar al-Canadi. Translated "Father Brightest the Canadi (Canadi=Canadian?)"

Very interesting he still identifies himself as Canadian, too bad.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

We were , always have been and always will be in danger just because we are infidels. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a cause that has gone on for centuries. This man should be dead.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

an interesting article that seems to support my assertion/observation that maguire's video contained no threat.

An Ottawa extremist who identified himself in a disturbing video as Abu Anwar al-Canadi was known to former friends as John Maguire, but his new name has a whole other meaning. "Anwar" means "the light" and "al-Canadi" means "the Canadian" according to counter-terrorism expert, Martin Rudner. This morning, Minister of Justice Peter MacKay called the video "chilling" and said it's "another reminder of how vigilant we have to be."

“He’s telling other young people in Canada to “follow the light,” and he’s telling Canadians, “there’s a light shining on you,” said Rudner.

The video issued by ISIS is intended not only as a threat, but as a way to recruit young Canadians, said Rudner.

Maguire dropped out of the University of Ottawa and moved to Syria one year ago and now, he is urging lone wolves in Canada to attack.

“So it should not surprise you when operations by the Muslims are executed where it hurts you the most, on your very own soil,” said Maguire in the video.

The six-minute video was issued on Sunday and in the video, Maguire ridicules the government for its military participation in the international coalition to fight Islamic terrorists.

“You have absolutely no right to live in a state of safety and security when your country is carrying out atrocities on our people.”

“Your people will be indiscriminately targeted as you indiscriminately target our people,” the video continued.

Maguire also said that the attacks in Ottawa and Quebec were a "direct response" to Canada's airstrikes in Iraq.

Liberal MP for Vancouver Centre, Dr. Hedy Fry, described the entire situation as “bizarre” given the fact that the RCMP had tracked Maguire for two years and he still managed to acquire a visa and passport to travel to Syria just one year ago.

“He was allowed to leave the country to travel to Syria and join ISIS and I think the government needs to explain to us why they allowed this person to travel to pursue terrorism,” said Fry.

“It’s not clear what the government is doing. Their ability to answer questions and enforce the law is ridiculous,” she said.

In the video, Maguire speaks in the past tense as he describes his life in Canada.

“I was one of you. I was a typical Canadian. I grew up on the hockey rink and spent my teenage years on stage playing guitar. I had no criminal record, I was a bright student, and maintained a high GPA in university.”

Rudner said that Maguire is trying to portray himself as “the light of Canadians,” in an attempt to recruit people who are well educated, mobile and willing or vulnerable to join the jihad.

“His purpose is to seduce—not only Muslims, but people to convert like he did. He’s telling others, if you don’t agree with me you’re going to be attacked.”

NDP critic for public safety, Randall Garrison, said that one of the very things the NDP has advocated is outreach programs to prevent those who may be inclined to join terrorist groups from joining.

“I understand he had been known to the RCMP and under some kind of surveillance or investigation for two years. But we’re still waiting on the outcome of that,” said Garrison.

The NDP MP said that the broader issue is determining ways to prevent home grown terrorism.

“We’ve advocated ways to counter those type of ideas, and that’s what’s really missing—an outreach from the government to the Muslim community but also to youth who are alienated,” he said.

Flanked by reporters in Parliament on Monday, Minister of Justice, Peter MacKay, said that the government has been in a “hurry up offence” for quite sometime in terms of taking steps to protect Canadians.

“This chilling video over the weekend is another reminder of how vigilant we have to be,” MacKay told reporters.

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/news/i ... -canadians

so after reading this article and specifically this statement, "The video issued by ISIS is intended not only as a threat, but as a way to recruit young Canadians, said Rudner", i got wondering who this rudner is.

Martin Rudner, PhD (Jerusalem)
Martin Rudner is a Professor Emeritus and Distinguished Research Professor at Carleton University. Prior to his retirement in July, 2007, he served as a Professor at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs and was founding Director of the Canadian Centre of Intelligence and Security Studies at Carleton. Professor Rudner is author of over ninety books and scholarly articles dealing with Southeast Asia, international affairs, and security and intelligence studies. He has organized and contributed to numerous academic and governmental conferences, seminars and programs, and has served as commentator and analyst on international security affairs for Canadian and international electronic and print media. He has consulted and lectured on security and counter-terrorism issues to various departments and agencies of the Government of Canada and other international authorities. Professor Rudner served on the Advisory Panel for the Policy Review component of the Arar Commission of Inquiry under Mr Justice Dennis O’Connor. He is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the International Journal of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence.

http://www3.carleton.ca/csds/people.html

https://ca.linkedin.com/pub/martin-rudner/20/a21/4bb

and yet nothing about being a psychic, which is the only way i can imagine he would know maguire's 'intent'.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Canada”