Guru

Re: Dead Money

Post by Static »

How do you figure they didn't reinvest?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Static wrote:How do you figure they didn't reinvest?

Re-invest.

Re-invests in terms of "trickle down why we need to cut the big boys taxes" - job site start ups, projects, mines, roads, buildings, digging, employing people. Nope. Even when we offer them incentives and tax rebates along side with their 1/2'ed tax rate.

Re-invest in terms of you making technical point - sink the money in mutual funds. Play the currency markets with it. Yup. They sat on their pile of gold, created nothing with it except more weath.

*shakes head*
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

We just went thought the greatest commodity cycle in modern history. Companies invested trillions in new mines, wells, machinery, labor, and technology. There has been so much development that there is a surplus of most commodities. Hence, the price collapse of the CRB index. Real estate developers invested in too many projects across the globe that there remains a surplus that will take years to unwind. We will soon witness a correction in many parts of the world. The list goes on and on. Business tends to be smarter than most and head to the sidelines before the average Joe. They are still investing but with extreme caution.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

twobits wrote:
OK you are right. I am not current with most tax law. Having said that however, I'll see your your personal H'n'R tax jockey and raise ya a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, a Masters Degree in Finance, and a Licentiate in Accounting (CA post grad program)....all from UBC....not a cereal box cert like your tax preparer.
And truth be told, after all that education, I don't even do my own personal or corporate tax returns. I was too busy running my business to keep up with changes in tax laws and was smart enough to recognize that a good accountant is worth far more than the invoice for their services.
What I do recognize and you apparently do not, is that tax laws are in place for a reason. They have a reason for being in place. Some are incentives and some are punitive. A few have past their expiration dates. But until you choose to further inform yourself or hire someone who is actually qualified to provide you with advice, to cry "loophole" is both stupid and uniformed.

I would ask for a refund on those Cracker-Jack Degrees. Obviously you failed to learn a few things if you don't think there are loopholes in the tax system.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Please explain goalie. Give us some examples of these "loopholes".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Static wrote:Please explain goalie. Give us some examples of these "loopholes".

you won't get anything but nonsensical cut and pastes from the CCPA or from one of their spin-off websites with ironic and hypocritical names like "Canadian Tax Fairness" designed purely to obfuscate and feed the ignorant and the envious. Anything that gives any Canadian earning over $100 per year a tax write-off can be spun as a "loophole" and anyone who takes advantage of said write-off is evil for not paying their "fair share".
Not afraid to say "It".
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

you won't get anything but nonsensical cut and pastes from the CCPA or from one of their spin-off websites with ironic and hypocritical names like "Canadian Tax Fairness" designed purely to obfuscate and feed the ignorant and the envious.

You're right Uncle Cruz
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Static wrote:Please explain goalie. Give us some examples of these "loopholes".

That's like asking someone to prove the Earth is round.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Should be easy then.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://actionplan.gc.ca/en/initiative/c ... irness-and

Even the CPC says there are tax loopholes.

Closing them is "government policy". Oh the irony.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

It doesn't matter what site you link because they already made up their mind.

Return to “Canada”