More RCMP shot

keepitreal
Fledgling

Re: More RCMP shot

Post by keepitreal »

Do loggers and truckers intentionally put their lives on the line or at risk for the sake of protecting others and maintaining the law? "Just shut up" x 2
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Its true though-if one wants to limit the potential for being shot, then don't become a police officer. Guns and criminals go hand-in-hand with being a police officer.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I agree that many professions have their inherent dangers. I still feel that we owe much more to the people who put their lives on the line for us every day. Police, firefighters, first responders, soldiers etc. whose job is dangerous because they want to help others. Almost every job has dangers but these people are serving us and doing it for our protection. My job with 1000's of volts of electricity was extremely dangerous at times, but it was just that a job. I wasn't doing it to save someone else's life or risking my life strictly for the protection and betterment of others. To me they are totally different things.

Kudos to the men and women of the RCMP who dedicate their lives to making our world a better place to live in.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well said
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”