Redbox leaving Canada?

Post by jimmy4321 »

Legit or Hoax? got an email saying so. Hope not,great service
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Redbox leaving Canada?

Post by Captain Awesome »

Yes, it's truth.

I'm surprised this archaic service was able to survive this long.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

At $2 for a new release its better than $ 6or$7 at a cable company. Pick up and drop off at any location, was a great value for the consumer who doesn't want to steal their movies or get robbed.
dg3
Board Meister

Post by dg3 »

sad to see them go, too the lousy movies that are produced are causing this. u can only watch so many 1.5 hour slash and kill movie clones.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

When I got the email today I had a bad feeling that's what it was going to say :(

As a heavy business traveler it was a great service to have. Cheap rentals without having to download, and the ability to drop off in pretty much any city was so handy.

I'm more upset to see my little robot movie box go than Target.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bummer. I liked the service, but as the press release said, they just couldn't make money in Canada at a buck and half per movie. Real shame. Oh well, we still have a video store here and that's where we rent most of our movies anyways. Still have yet to watch anything on demand.

Sitting on the couch for a couple of hours watching a movie is one thing, but just sitting on the couch to pick a movie is just stupid. Seriously, get up and go out and pick a movie ... better yet, go out to a movie theatre.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

A friend of mine works at Red Box Support down in Illionis...and he kinda hinted that it may happen..and it did. They even tried to sell it at the same price as the states..

Netflix is ok but it has older stuff...

I want new and better quality video and audio!

and 6 bucks to do it through the dish..forget about it...new services like Shomi and Crave....no thanks...rather go with netflix because I use that through my Playstation...

there is only 2 video stores in kelowna that I know of...and none in west kelowna and what iknow of none in Penticton Either
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

Another one of those American companies that I never did make use of.
Saw one of the boxes sitting outside of Superstore in Vernon but never ever saw anyone ever use it at any time.
CD/DVD appears to have gone the way of Beta/VHS/tapes and 8 tracks.

If I missed it and the multiple reruns on TV then it was not something I needed to see anyway.

{Way too much fun in life beating on the conspiracy forum, than being glued to the TV... (IMO).}

Maybe one of these days American companies will actually figure out that we are not the 51st state and do not have to "settle" for crap that they put out/bring in from China.

IMO _ NNA
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:Another one of those American companies that I never did make use of.
Saw one of the boxes sitting outside of Superstore in Vernon but never ever saw anyone ever use it at any time.
CD/DVD appears to have gone the way of Beta/VHS/tapes and 8 tracks.

The Superstore and Walmart locations were actually well used. I've used both several times myself and have even had line-ups infront of them. Just unfortunate that they can't make enough money in Canada with the prices they offered.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”