jimmy4321
Guru

$376k to bring home a murderer!

Post by jimmy4321 »

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: $376k to bring home a murderer!

Post by Bsuds »

I think it would have been much more cost effective to bring him home in a Coffin or an Urn!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If that's too harsh for the bleeding hearts then a strong dog cage in the hold of the plane would work but my way also saves on court costs.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It sounds like getting the accused home before he changed his mind about extradition and using a long range aircraft to avoid landing in another country were the main reasons for the expensive choice. Demonstrating to the Court that the police chose the fastest option to have him appear in a Canadian Court is a normal concern.

Right or wrong at least someone made a decision to get the accused murderer back to Canada.

Was it the cheapest transportation that could accomplish the three objectives ?? Who knows.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Give him a US marine t-shirt, a gun ad ammo and drop him into ah ISIS encampment. Problem solved and he might get rid of a couple of terrorists to boot.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

jimmy4321 wrote:Seems a little steep don't it?
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/ot ... ar-BBhBOz2

when did anyone think that a government body and or person weather it be police or whatever cared about expense when its other peoples money(tax payers)
it has never happened nor ever will happen.Look at that idiot alberta polictican that racked up a 20K phone bill while in Europe?? He claims he had no idea(now that's an understatement in itself)
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

This wasn't just someone who shoplifted from Walmart you know?
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

They should have opened up the door in the plane and threw him out.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

$376k really? Come on, just sit and think about it for a singular piece of crap murderer?
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Well, actually looking at the reasons, I can understand why they selected that option and I'm comfortable that they evidently considered all of the other options first. It sounds expensive, but when (a) killing him is not an option, (b) he needs to be extracted before changing his mind and starting a trial in Germany, (c) airlines would likely not permit him to fly on passenger carriers, I can absolutely see why that particular decision was made.

Quite possibly the most transparent RCMP/National Defense decision in recent memory.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Canada”