Underground Bunker Found

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Underground Bunker Found

Post by TreeGuy »

Ken7 wrote:Just so you know, I was joking!

Didn't get that from reading your post. Next time try a winky face. ;) LOL
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Neither did I.

So any old buddy can go steal materials for a private tunnel and not even get charged with theft?

What does that say to the multi-billion dollar construction industry?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

They find at least one of those tunnels every year up here in my neck of the woods, they usually have a C-can in them tho, they're called underground grow-ops.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:I guess I always figured a fence in a backyard where i don't belong is a clue that strangers should not be jumping said fence.
But I get it, not every crack addict, break in artist, or trespasser has all their fries for a Happy Meal.

So I ask who are these privileged coddled people whom can build a huge tunnel, in secret, on public property, not be named and not be charged with SOMETHING.

I suspect there is a lot more to the story than we know.

Queen...police occasionally have to chase people down other then with cars or computers. That's is why they occasionally jump fences.

You obviously did not understand what the police stated in the video Treeguy posted. NO INTENT being key.,
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Not really the same thing. This tunnel was built on public property where anyone could have found it. Someone could have fallen in the hole, had it collapse while investigating the inside.

I agree with Queen K, they should pay for the wasted resources. What about the destruction of a woodland area. They should pay for the rehab of the area.[/quote] so if we go with this logic all the mountain bikers that build trails and platforms in the trees and obstacles that are all accessible by the public should be charged and forced to pay for the rehab
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

LTD wrote:

Not really the same thing. This tunnel was built on public property where anyone could have found it. Someone could have fallen in the hole, had it collapse while investigating the inside.

I agree with Queen K, they should pay for the wasted resources. What about the destruction of a woodland area. They should pay for the rehab of the area.
so if we go with this logic all the mountain bikers that build trails and platforms in the trees and obstacles that are all accessible by the public should be charged and forced to pay for the rehab[/quote]

Yes they should. Give us some reasons why they shouldn't.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I have no reasons because I don't agree with that either I was just pointing out if your going to charge one you need to have a level playing field
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

LTD wrote:Not really the same thing. This tunnel was built on public property where anyone could have found it. Someone could have fallen in the hole, had it collapse while investigating the inside.

I agree with Queen K, they should pay for the wasted resources. What about the destruction of a woodland area. They should pay for the rehab of the area.
so if we go with this logic all the mountain bikers that build trails and platforms in the trees and obstacles that are all accessible by the public should be charged and forced to pay for the rehab[/quote]

Did you watch the video what the police stated. Queen doesn't make the law and you both have missed something.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I saw today that the tunnel builders will be fined $500, a pittance for what their caper all cost, but to me it validates my previous posts that they should have to pay SOMETHING towards the cost.

Sorry if you don't agree Ken7.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:I saw today that the tunnel builders will be fined $500, a pittance for what their caper all cost, but to me it validates my previous posts that they should have to pay SOMETHING towards the cost.

Sorry if you don't agree Ken7.
m

I have no problem with them paying to have it covered. But when you suggested CRIMINAL you are missing the boat.
That was my point, don't get me wrong but you are not the only one who comments about fact of law and has no idea on the requirements to process a criminal code charge.

That's my point!
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Just recently it was disclosed, this was actually the Toronto Maple Leafs fan club hall. Lack of fans and funding have stopped the project.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Tacklewasher wrote:I heard they listed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_nk-WOzoX8

That is hilarious! I love This Hour!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The incredible true story behind the Toronto mystery tunnel. Why Elton McDonald built the Toronto tunnel that captivated the world.

The digger Elton McDonald grew up on what’s probably the toughest street in Toronto—maybe even Canada—and he still lives there with his mother and two sisters. Three summers ago, a man got shot in the head behind their townhouse. Elton’s sister Anora Graham went to the man’s aid, pressing a shirt she’d run to fetch against the wound. He died two weeks later. Lots of others here have, too. “Elton went to school with kids who are not alive anymore,” says Anora. “They died when they were 16.”

The townhouse, in a public housing development in the city’s far northwest called Driftwood Court, is small: a kitchen and living room on the ground floor, three bedrooms on the second. Every now and then, Elton and his sisters start watching the same movie on the TVs in their three separate rooms—as they did not long ago, with Life of Pi —keeping their doors open to chat across the hall during commercials. Sometimes they call their mother, Tracy Graham, who sleeps in the basement, to see if she’s watching, too.

Elton is quiet. “I spend a lot of time thinking,” he says. “I don’t talk a lot, but my mind is working overtime.” The tunnel that Elton built, a 10-minute walk from home in the ravine below Driftwood Court, was his portal into a world of quiet. He’d slip out his front door, down through the trees, and skip between the rocks across the creek—sometimes, if it was too swollen with rain, he’d lay a ladder across it, like a bridge—then climb to the spot where he dug the hole. “I was getting away from regular things, away from life,” he says. “Nothing in particular. Just life itself.”

Complete article with video
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/the-incredibl ... 54053.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

Now he is stating a company to employ youth in his neighbourhood. It is so touching to see someone reach out as he has done.

I am truly amazed at the goodness in people. Always giving to others, and trying to make a positive difference in the world.

http://www.gofundme.com/objrxk

Return to “Canada”