Underground Bunker Found

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Underground Bunker Found

Post by TreeGuy »

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/underground-bunker-found-near-pan-am-games-venue-in-toronto-1.2250058?hootPostID=b7e191ab50e8a5e60632fc63dd657c35

Interesting. They filled it in already. I question why not leave it and monitor it, wait for the builder to return? Do the math and if it was 1 meter wide (they didn't say) then almost 23 yards of earth would have been removed to build this. I wonder where they put all that earth?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Underground Bunker Found

Post by TreeGuy »

opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

Been following this story as well. Latest developments indicate that the tunnel was found mid-January, and police had been watching the tunnel for some time.

Speculation is that there were trip wires that would warn the tunnel diggers if anyone entered the tunnel.

There is also speculation that it was Engineering students from the University nearby, and the tunnel was constructed as a hoax.

Hmm? I hope the authorities are able to figure things out and give us some answers.
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

From what I understand , if they dug much further they'd simply come out of the other side of the small hill they dug into.

Maybe it was gonna be Rob Ford's new crack shack lol
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Case solved. Two guys were building a man cave for themselves. No charges to be laid.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mysterious-toronto-bunker-built-as-man-cave-1.2259779
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

So a public hazard can be created and no charges will be laid.

Let's all build sophisticated tunnels any old place we please.

Hey! No one has to explain and no charges will ensue.

How about charging the COST of filling that tunnel in back to the builders? Tax payers gotta pick that up? On whose budget?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:So a public hazard can be created and no charges will be laid.

Let's all build sophisticated tunnels any old place we please.

Hey! No one has to explain and no charges will ensue.

How about charging the COST of filling that tunnel in back to the builders? Tax payers gotta pick that up? On whose budget?

A swimming pool with a six foot solid fence is a hazard in ones back yard, do you charge them and if so with what?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Ken7 wrote:A swimming pool with a six foot solid fence is a hazard in ones back yard, do you charge them and if so with what?

Not really the same thing. This tunnel was built on public property where anyone could have found it. Someone could have fallen in the hole, had it collapse while investigating the inside.

I agree with Queen K, they should pay for the wasted resources. What about the destruction of a woodland area. They should pay for the rehab of the area.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya, let's see.

Private swimming pool in one's backyard vs secret tunnel in a public area where kids, dogs and people potentially could get hurt.

Say a roof caves in. Or it becomes flooded. Or some psychopath/sociopath finds it and uses it for evil purposes.

Exactly Treeguy, not the same thing.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:Ya, let's see.

Private swimming pool in one's backyard vs secret tunnel in a public area where kids, dogs and people potentially could get hurt.

Say a roof caves in. Or it becomes flooded. Or some psychopath/sociopath finds it and uses it for evil purposes.

Exactly Treeguy, not the same thing.

Just so you know, I was joking!

However, what charge would you lay on the facts given?? I think all you have is fill it up and end of story.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How about public mischief for starters.

And what about the cost of filling it in. Or was that free?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Sophisticated construction, generator, sound suppression, pump, cost of filling it, add to that they did say the lumber was stolen. The truth to this would certainly be interesting.
Maybe they could have done a little community service, maybe dig out some Vets or Seniors from the snow or something
Last edited by jimmy4321 on Mar 2nd, 2015, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Queen K wrote:How about public mischief for starters.

And what about the cost of filling it in. Or was that free?

Wow, you never jumped a fence into the back yard where there's a pool. LOL.

No its not FREE!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I guess I always figured a fence in a backyard where i don't belong is a clue that strangers should not be jumping said fence.
But I get it, not every crack addict, break in artist, or trespasser has all their fries for a Happy Meal.

So I ask who are these privileged coddled people whom can build a huge tunnel, in secret, on public property, not be named and not be charged with SOMETHING.

I suspect there is a lot more to the story than we know.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Queen K wrote:I guess I always figured a fence in a backyard where i don't belong is a clue that strangers should not be jumping said fence.
But I get it, not every crack addict, break in artist, or trespasser has all their fries for a Happy Meal.

So I ask who are these privileged coddled people whom can build a huge tunnel, in secret, on public property, not be named and not be charged with SOMETHING.

I suspect there is a lot more to the story than we know.

I certainly feel it deserves more than just a finger wag!

Return to “Canada”