Mirror, mirror on the wall: Alberta is in a fall.

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Mirror, mirror on the wall: Alberta is in a fall.

Post by Symbonite »

"Mirror, mirror on the wall: Albertans not willing to take blame for fiscal fall"

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/prentice-cent ... 36273.html

Even after their premier actually had the balls to finally say what was going on to all of Alberta and tell them whats what....Albertans still too smug to believe what he was saying.

They want to ride the oil wave all the way into the bank but when they find out the oil is not their ticket then they are SMUG enough to not to blame themselves on how they want everything for free and pay for nothing.

I applaud their premier to give the Albertans a slap of reality.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall: Alberta is in a fall.

Post by vegas1500 »

Symbonite wrote:"Mirror, mirror on the wall: Albertans not willing to take blame for fiscal fall"

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/prentice-cent ... 36273.html

Even after their premier actually had the balls to finally say what was going on to all of Alberta and tell them whats what....Albertans still too smug to believe what he was saying.

They want to ride the oil wave all the way into the bank but when they find out the oil is not their ticket then they are SMUG enough to not to blame themselves on how they want everything for free and pay for nothing.

I applaud their premier to give the Albertans a slap of reality.

Oil has been our ticket and will be for many years to come. People from the Alberta oil industry have been contributing to BC's economy for many years so you should be thankful for it also.

And what is the purpose of your post?
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

if you keep on reading that they dont want to blame themselves for what is happening...

but they still want their cake and eat it

Alberta better get ready for a pst (or to align themselves with most of the country) HST

time to pay for your spending.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

When world oil prices are up Alberta is party hardy, when those prices drop as they have been lately. Not so much party more pink-slips.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote:When world oil prices are up Alberta is party hardy, when those prices drop as they have been lately. Not so much party more pink-slips.

Should be some good deals on the net, toys for sale!!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Ken7 wrote:Should be some good deals on the net, toys for sale!!

Especially once those payments start adding up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote:
Especially once those payments start adding up.

I've seen the tough times, guys selling all their flashy jewelry and then motorhomes and toys, just to keep the roof over their head. Oilmen have in most cases trouble saving they think the cash flow is like the oil flow in the Bakken reserve.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

I've seen the tough times, guys selling all their flashy jewelry and then motorhomes and toys, just to keep the roof over their head. Oilmen have in most cases trouble saving they think the cash flow is like the oil flow in the Bakken reserve.[/quote]

Ken7, what do you do for a living so I can stereotype your profession. It's funny how,people,that have nothing to do with oil industry seem to know the most about.....
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

vegas1500 wrote:
Ken7, what do you do for a living so I can stereotype your profession. It's funny how,people,that have nothing to do with oil industry seem to know the most about.....

I happened to have a lot of good friends in the patch. As I said, many I certainly did not say they are all in the same boat. So suck it up!
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

I happened to have a lot of good friends in the patch. As I said, many I certainly did not say they are all in the same boat. So suck it up![/quote]

Really, suck,it up. Did you,put on your big boy pants to come up with that.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Hey Vegas; I grew up with oil. My dad was in it deep. On the ownership side. He had great years and not so great years but he took care of himself and his family because he had seen it ebb and flow.

It comes and it goes. When it's hot, everyone in it thinks this is the time it will last forever. It never does. It never will.

Big money made. No money saved equals great deals on fancy cars (like your avatar) and really stupid looking jacked up trucks.

It is the way it has always been.

And thanks for the cash injection while it was still there to inject.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

One of the big sites is bringing in 2500 workers over the next couple of months ... there's still money to be made. Yes, it has its up and downs and if you play your money right, you can live a good life with enough over to help you carry out the rough patches.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Absolutely. The problem is that there are so many young studs who have no clue what life after 40 looks like and they don't know how to deal with the huge opportunity they have.

It's all about today. There is no tomorrow.

A kid with a half a brain and a trade behind him with a good work ethic and a plan could work up north for 20-25 years, make most of what he needed and come back to wherever he wanted to be and basically be done.

But that isn't what happens which is why there are so many deals on stupid jacked up trucks.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Mexicalidreamer, I agree with you except for " everyone thinks it will last forever". I definitely have worked with people like this but being a realist I know this isn't possible and am well prepared for it. So unfortunately no good deals will be had on my "fancy" car or other vehicles, or properties. I will however continue to inject cash into your lovely city while we live there part time until such a time it becomes permanent.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Absolutely. The problem is that there are so many young studs who have no clue what life after 40 looks like and they don't know how to deal with the huge opportunity they have.

It's all about today. There is no tomorrow.

A kid with a half a brain and a trade behind him with a good work ethic and a plan could work up north for 20-25 years, make most of what he needed and come back to wherever he wanted to be and basically be done.

But that isn't what happens which is why there are so many deals on stupid jacked up trucks.

I agree with you, but in all honesty, that isn't limited to the oil sands boom. You get that everywhere ... most young (mostly males) people are like that, heck I was like that when I was a that age too. The only difference is the amount of money involved.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Mar 6th, 2015, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”