Expanded Iraq mission - surprise surprise.

Static
Guru

Re: Expanded Iraq mission - surprise surprise.

Post by Static »

And you fall victim to propaganda, Donald.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The only thing certain is that, given their world domination religious philosophy, we WILL have to fight them at some point.

only if you have a self fulfilling prophecy in mind. there already are large amounts of muslims in canada , and united states , where are the large attacks that should have happened ? there are zero , because isil is the same as any other group or gang that wants real estate , no better no worse .and the west is included in that list as you already know, i think few africans can speak to colonization, don't you?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

A man named Neville Chamberlain once dealt with a world class terrorist using reason and the premise that the people in Germany could and would stop him and the world ended up in a war that cost millions of lives and trillions of dollars.

Failing to look at problems on a world scale has always proved to be a sad mistake of mankind that you and a very few others insist that we now repeat with religious extremists. Do you really think that the vast majority of peaceful muslims are going to put their lives on the line to stop the violent extremists any more than the people of Germany did ??

Violent jihad extremism does not have a home base. It is a "potential" carried to every country of the world by a small percentage of those of the Muslim faith. The fact that a very few extremists can cause untold damage in areas remote from their origin is clearly identified by the World Trade Centre tragedy.

Waiting until it happens to prepare to combat violent extremism would IMO be absolutely asinine.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

lakevixen wrote: ... there already are large amounts of muslims in canada , and united states , where are the large attacks that should have happened ? there are zero , because isil is the same as any other group or gang that wants real estate , no better no worse .

Are you serious? You like to go on and on about the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity - which, of course, pale to the historical evidence of Islamic expansionism over the centuries - but there are already millions of Christians living in peace in communities all over Canada and United States. Where are the atrocities that should still be being committed according to your rationale? You really cannot grasp the difference between peace loving Muslims (spelled with a capital by the way) that have fled the terror in the Middle East seeking a new life here and war groups of barbaric Islamic extremist jihadists ??? Wow.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/isis-poses ... -1.3087136

A quick look at a map of Iraq, Syria and Jordan — to take in ISIS's most recent gains — and it's obvious that nearly a year after airstrikes against it started, the group poses a more immediate risk to more people and more important cities in the region than ever.

We've been told repeatedly that defeating ISIS would not be simple. Obama asked Congress for authority to fight an air campaign for three years.

Canada started with a six-month commitment and extended that for another year in March, leaving the door open for more. It also extended its strikes to Syria, ISIS's nerve centre.

And there is no doubt this is a challenging battlefield. It stretches across Syria, in the midst of a complex civil war, and Iraq, still a troubled country, with deeply flawed internal defences, thanks in large part to the disbanding of Saddam Hussein's original army following the U.S. occupation in 2003

Leaders have also failed to explain why airstrikes around Ramadi failed to slow the ISIS advance enough to save the city. If Canadian aircraft had taken out important targets near Ramadi, as Kenney says, then why is it now in the hands of ISIS?

Or perhaps more importantly, how has this seemingly ineffectual air campaign made the West any more secure? Has it instead, as some argue, just provided ISIS with more opportunities for recruitment?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Are you serious? You like to go on and on about the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity - which, of course, pale to the historical evidence of Islamic expansionism over the centuries - but there are already millions of Christians living in peace in communities all over Canada and United States. Where are the atrocities that should still be being committed according to your rationale? You really cannot grasp the difference between peace loving Muslims (spelled with a capital by the way) that have fled the terror in the Middle East seeking a new life here and war groups of barbaric Islamic extremist jihadists ??? Wow.

the wow here is you cant defend the position you take , if anyone goes to the thread in international whose islam , we will clearly see you take the same position as bill maher and that is islam preaches kill everyone but the followers of islam . i do not .

yes i like to talk about history because , its the path we took to get here . duh lol. you cant defend one religion over any others . you either defend them all or none , otherwise you have no skin in the game . if it was up to me believing in fairytales would disappear tomorrow. how many people died in ww1 and ww2? , that was basically christians killing christians , deny that , and you might want check in to belvue.

we also know now that canada dropping bombs is doing zero to stop or halt isil . the people there reporting on it are saying just that , and in fact , to the west's embarrassment , iran has to step in and take on isil .

now if you have flip flopped and now think all muslims are not out to get you then great welcome to reality , but i'm not sure why on other threads you would still make fun of muslims you now profess to defend .

care to enlighten us?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

It still boils down to the Arab Countries and the rest of the world having to make a choice between violent, terrorist extremists forming the next government in Iraq and "ordinary" peaceful Muslims, Christians and others forming the next Government in Iraq.

With the long declared progressive expansion of the violent extremist terrorists into surrounding or selected countries as directed (in the minds of individuals) by Allah.

Given the age long polarization of Muslims into different "belief sects" there can never be religious peace in the Middle East.
Last edited by Donald G on May 27th, 2015, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

It still boils down to the Arab Countries and the rest of the world having to make a choice between violent, terrorist extremists forming the next government in Iraq and "ordinary" peaceful Muslims, Christians and others forming the next Government in Iraq.

but what has history shown us? the west will not accept who the people put in or put them selves in . when the west puts in who they like , that choice has been the wrong choice .
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Too many religious extremists in every camp for there to be any chance of peace under one any leader, except by ruthless force. Like Sadam, a Sunni, who simply killed those who opposed him and his violent regime. Or Khomeini who killed off millions fighting endless religious wars against the enemies of HIS version of Allah.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

lakevixen wrote: care to enlighten us?

I really don’t think enlightenment is going to be possible vix, but I think I can shed some light on your confusion. It seems very clear you are either unwilling or unable to comprehend the points being made here on these threads. For example, never have I anywhere made any sweeping generalizations about Muslims. In addition, I have nowhere defended or attacked any one religion over another. I have expressed my concerns regarding the spread of Islamic extremist jihadism, but those who are a part of and/or support that ideology are a specific subgroup (as are those who make excuses for them). I am also more than willing to consider the relevance of history in these discussions (and already have), but since it is clear you are missing entire chapters your erroneous references have no perspective and are hardly better than irrelevant at best (deliberate deflections otherwise). If you ever want to fill in some of these gaps, Glacier has provided some excellent links that could help you see a bigger picture – that is, if having a better understanding of these issues is something you ever become interested in.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Atomoa wrote:I wonder when the first permanent Canadian military base will be established in Iraq?

Simple. Never.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

if we should be bombing anyone it should be saudi arabia , how much death have they sponsored over the years ? what do they do with all that oil money besides buy weapons and give them to isil?
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

lakevixen wrote:if we should be bombing anyone it should be saudi arabia , how much death have they sponsored over the years ? what do they do with all that oil money besides buy weapons and give them to isil?

I agree. It will never happen though.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Static and lakevixen ...

Judging by your comments I take it that you two profess to be knowledgeable enough to determine the political and religious infighting for all of the numerous factions and countries involved in the present unrest in the Mid_east ??

If that is the case than you profess to know more than any other human being on this planet has known in the last 2000 years.

You are fooling yourselves.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Donald G wrote:To Static and lakevixen ...

Judging by your comments I take it that you two profess to be knowledgeable enough to determine the political and religious infighting for all of the numerous factions and countries involved in the present unrest in the Mid_east ??

If that is the case than you profess to know more than any other human being on this planet has known in the last 2000 years.

You are fooling yourselves.

I'm hoping that wasn't a "I am wiser than you" post. Because if it was it would be about a 4/10.

Return to “Canada”