Get the Muslim vote out

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Get the Muslim vote out

Post by oneh2obabe »

Smurf wrote:I understand that totally oneh2obabe as I have been collecting it for sometime now. I do agree with it partially, what I do not agree with is someone moving here from another country when they are 65 and collecting it. We are having trouble paying it to our citizens who have been here for a lifetime and part of the reason is all the people who are coming in and drawing on the system. That is what I do not agree with. I really hope we do not vote in a bunch of politicians that make it worse instead of correcting it.

Doesn't matter if they are 65 when they move, they won't collect it until they've been in the country for 10 years.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

oneh2obabe wrote:The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is a monthly payment available to most people 65 years of age and older who meet the Canadian legal status and residence requirements.

Your employment history is not a factor in determining eligibility: you can receive the OAS pension even if you have never worked or are still working.

If you are living in Canada, you must:
*be 65 years old or older
*be a Canadian citizen or a legal resident at the time we approve your Old Age Security pension application, and
*have resided in Canada for at least 10 years after turning 18.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/serv ... ndex.shtml

Thanks, you found the link yourself! And yes, they must have been resident for 10 years. I was wrong on that point.

That doesn't really change the fact that they have never worked or contributed any kind of income taxes to be eligible. A lot of them get the OAS + the guaranteed supplement, which equals roughly $15,000.00 a year. Not bad for moving here and never contributing to the system.

I'm not condeming anyone for doing this, it's the system.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

What are the current requirements to get the guaranteed income supplement?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^^Must be alive for one.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

twobits wrote:What are the current requirements to get the guaranteed income supplement?

The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) provides a monthly non-taxable benefit to Old Age Security (OAS) recipients who have a low income and are living in Canada.

You qualify for the Guaranteed Income Supplement if you meet all of the following conditions:
*you are a legal resident of Canada
*you are receiving an Old Age Security pension
*your annual income (or in the case of a couple, your combined income) is lower than the maximum annual income.

Sponsored and Non-sponsored immigrants have different conditions.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/serv ... ndex.shtml
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Canada”