Get the Muslim vote out

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Get the Muslim vote out

Post by maryjane48 »

On Good Friday — one of the mogst-attended Friday prayer services of the year — 21 mosques around Toronto will call on their voting-age congregants to cast ballots in the upcoming federal election.

It's an initiative being coordinated by Canadian Muslim Vote, a new, non-partisan group that aims to break the cycle of poor Muslim voter turnout in Canada, and is being spearheaded by a group of young professionals in the Toronto-area.

Fatima Sajan is one of them. She says it's especially important that Canadian Muslims make their voices heard in this year's election, which is scheduled to take place on Oct. 19.

The group argues that most politicians do little to engage Muslims in Canada because their low voter turnout has had little impact at the polls. "And as the public conversation increasingly excludes or marginalizes Canadian-Muslims, their turnout declines further," the group's website says.

Canada is home to some one million Muslims, yet, as a group, they have had one of the lowest voter turnout rates in the country, according to a 2007 Elections Canada working paper.

Meanwhile, Statistics Canada estimates that 1 in 10 Canadians will identify as Muslim by 2030, meaning Muslims stand to become one of the largest voting bases nationally.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ontario ... -1.3019734

well 1 in 10 canadians will be muslim , where o where will we hide from the muslim faith? well if they vote ndp , we wont have to worry , because the false scare tactics the cons love wont exsist :)
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Get the Muslim vote out

Post by bob vernon »

These voters must be suppressed. They usually vote in a block because they do underhanded stuff like talk about elections and things like that at their churches, mosks or whatever you call them. They want things to be provided for them like Medicare, and now even Pharmacare. There's even talk of a national Daycare plan. Care this and care that. What is this with these leftists wanting to CARE for each other? Real Christians don't do stuff like that. Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that we shouldn't be our brother's keeper? You know, Kane and Abel. Thankfully we have a true Christian for a leader who doesn't believe in this caring-for-each-other nonsense.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lakevixen wrote:
well 1 in 10 canadians will be muslim , where o where will we hide from the muslim faith? well if they vote ndp ,

This is a racist comment, as you assume with this comment that Muslims are dumb. They are not, so therefore, they would not vote for the idiot NDP.
Not afraid to say "It".
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

This is a racist comment, as you assume with this comment that Muslims are dumb. They are not, so therefore, they would not vote for the idiot NDP.
well what makes you think they will vote for the nazi i mean cons ? hmmmmmmmmmmm
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote: well what makes you think they will vote for the nazi i mean cons ? hmmmmmmmmmmm

I vote conservative. So according to your post, I am a nazi by default. Hmmm, then by default, by your own posts, I can call you a Muslim terrorist sympathizer. Is that a fair conclusion?
You need to park the 40 in the cupboard before you post such nonsense.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

It's far from the "Muslim" group, as you call it, that are coming here.

The Indian Punjab community are becoming big. They are bringing in all their family members, through sponsorships, to become Canadian residents. They immediately qualify for OAS supplement benefits for upward to $15,000.00+
a year, even though they have never lived or worked here.

Our system is flawed.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

bob vernon wrote:These voters must be suppressed. They usually vote in a block because they do underhanded stuff like talk about elections and things like that at their churches, mosks or whatever you call them. They want things to be provided for them like Medicare, and now even Pharmacare. There's even talk of a national Daycare plan. Care this and care that. What is this with these leftists wanting to CARE for each other? Real Christians don't do stuff like that. Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that we shouldn't be our brother's keeper? You know, Kane and Abel. Thankfully we have a true Christian for a leader who doesn't believe in this caring-for-each-other nonsense.

Wow.....just wow
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

onestop67 wrote:It's far from the "Muslim" group, as you call it, that are coming here.

The Indian Punjab community are becoming big. They are bringing in all their family members, through sponsorships, to become Canadian residents. They immediately qualify for OAS supplement benefits for upward to $15,000.00+
a year, even though they have never lived or worked here.

Our system is flawed.

You have a link showing they get around the OAS supplement benefit eligibility requirements to immediately qualify?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

oneh2obabe wrote:You have a link showing they get around the OAS supplement benefit eligibility requirements to immediately qualify?

As soon as they become "permanent residents" they can qualify for OAS. If they are sponsored by their children, they get their residency as soon as they move here.

I have several clients that have their parents receiving the OAS.

I'll try to find a link for you.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

^^^They do not qualify for CPP though do they?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

They should not qualify for either one if they have never contributed anything to our society. There ashould be some sort of qualifications for OAS also and not just a heart beat and breathing.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is a monthly payment available to most people 65 years of age and older who meet the Canadian legal status and residence requirements.

Your employment history is not a factor in determining eligibility: you can receive the OAS pension even if you have never worked or are still working.

If you are living in Canada, you must:
*be 65 years old or older
*be a Canadian citizen or a legal resident at the time we approve your Old Age Security pension application, and
*have resided in Canada for at least 10 years after turning 18.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/serv ... ndex.shtml
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lakevixen wrote: well what makes you think they will vote for the nazi i mean cons ? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Because they are smart enough to know that a vote for the communists I mean NDP is brain-dead.
Not afraid to say "It".
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I understand that totally oneh2obabe as I have been collecting it for sometime now. I do agree with it partially, what I do not agree with is someone moving here from another country when they are 65 and collecting it. We are having trouble paying it to our citizens who have been here for a lifetime and part of the reason is all the people who are coming in and drawing on the system. That is what I do not agree with. I really hope we do not vote in a bunch of politicians that make it worse instead of correcting it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Smurf wrote:I understand that totally oneh2obabe as I have been collecting it for sometime now. I do agree with it partially, what I do not agree with is someone moving here from another country when they are 65 and collecting it. We are having trouble paying it to our citizens who have been here for a lifetime and part of the reason is all the people who are coming in and drawing on the system. That is what I do not agree with. I really hope we do not vote in a bunch of politicians that make it worse instead of correcting it.

Since you are retired, how about you search at the number of people over 65 who immigrate here. I will guarantee you that it will be an amount that is not worth complaining about. It will be far less than the sums lost due to EI and Welfare fraud.

Return to “Canada”