Religion Forced

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Religion Forced

Post by Smurf »

There is nothing wrong with freedom of religion, if it is kept in the proper perspective. Just keep it at home or in your church. keep it out of politics, schools, public life, etc.. If a church wants to have a private school and teach religion, fine, but everyone going should know what they are getting involved in.

I don't know for sure but I'll bet there are no Islamic prayer rooms in Catholic private schools. If I am right should these schools be punished. I say no. If you don't want to follow their rules don't go. Don'y go just to start a fight. As far as public schools, NO RELIGION.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Smurf wrote:I don't know for sure but I'll bet there are no Islamic prayer rooms in Catholic private schools.

And you would be wrong.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/09/17/mu ... igh-school
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

now reverse the two, any catholic prayer rooms in muslims schools???
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

This is just one more decision by the Canadian Human Rights Commission that reeks of stupidity. They are famous for this crap. A reality check is in order for this crowd.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

University of Regina has a prayer room on campus. Wonder what they would do if every other religion said we too want a church, or hall available 24/7 for our prayer.

I think there needs to be a point where they just say no and the Commission looks at the totality of the situation and says they do have the right to ask you to attend your own place of worship.

Born and raised in a religion is one thing, and if you wish to pray find a quiet spot or zone out and do what you spiritually must do. To have a special place just for you and your followers provided by the Tax payer is just pushing things to far.

I would tend to think that in their country they do not bend over backwards for those of other faiths, they might just behead them.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

10/10 great post
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”