Elizabeth May

Al Czervic
Guru

Re: Elizabeth May

Post by Al Czervic »

Here is Elizabeth May having to issue a retraction in the House of Commons after she falsely smeared US Replicans

Mr. Speaker, I rise on a point of order. I hope that I have not chosen the wrong moment, but on Thursday in the debate around ISIS, I discovered in reviewing the Hansard that I made an error of fact, and I wish to withdraw it. U.S. Republicans were never featured in a photograph with ISIS fighters. I regret the error. - Elizabeth May

Another example of May's cavalier disregard for the truth...

Green Party Leader Elizabeth May has come under fire for an erroneous tweet about a minor train incident in Sarnia last Friday that set off what one mayor called a "media frenzy." May tweeted on Saturday to her nearly 70,000 followers about a seemingly terrifying situation in the Ontario city she felt wasn’t being reported. But it appears the incident was greatly exaggerated and her "source" was totally wrong.

I could post many more such examples where Elizabeth May has disregarded fact solely for her own political advancement. I stand by my opinion that Ms. May is an ongoing embarrassment to public office
Back with a vengeance
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I would refer this thread to the Vulgarity Doesn't Pay thread. We need to remember our elected officials are human beings who screw up sometimes and that is OK. She's doing her best to make up for it but it will never be enough for those who oppose her in the first place.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

That language in that venue is fairly common as they are generally trying to act in contrast to their everyday persona in hopes to achieves some laughs.(like how Betty White acts unlike a sweet old lady she appears to be)
Elizabeth May purposely tried to kill two birds with one stone. Got her message out, but the laughs didn't happen.

Hardly something that belongs in the vulgarity thread.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

This reputation will follow her around for years, maybe for the rest of her career. She's the Green party leader, a group that always tries to take the moral high ground and lets the rest of the world know that the Green supporters are better human beings. Their $100 Eddie Bauer shirts and $80 Tilley hats identify them along with their smugness. They are better educated than the rest of us, so we shouldn't question their points of view. They're just better than us, and they have their big civil service and schoolboard pensions to prove it. For May to act badly in public just kind of runs against the grain, and stands out.

If Elizabeth May was a Conservative, this whole incident would blow over in a couple of weeks when the next Conservative gaffe took place. Greens don't often make mistakes, so when they do it sticks to them. The Cons take turns screwing up.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

NDP,Conservatives,Liberals don't feel they need to do this because they have the ears of the media ALL the time.

Return to “Canada”