I just want my coffee . . .

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: I just want my coffee . . .

Post by GordonH »

^^^ What gets me is they called out Tim's for running Enbridge ads, but I don't see anyone calling out any of the TV networks for running Enbridge ads as well.

So why pick on one company and not the others.
CTV/TSN (owned by Bell), Global (owned by Shaw), Sportsnet (owned by Rogers) & CBC (crown corporation) are all companies as well.

Added: Oh maybe its because these others also are cellphone carriers with exception of CBC. lol never mind
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

[
GordonH wrote:^^^ What gets me is they called out Tim's for running Enbridge ads, but I don't see anyone calling out any of the TV networks for running Enbridge ads as well.

CTV/TSN (owned by Bell), Global (owned by Shaw), Sportsnet (owned by Rogers) & CBC (crown corporation) are all companies as well.

Added: Oh maybe its because these others also are cellphone carriers with exception of CBC. lol never mind

Perahps they don't watch TV or use cell phones.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

GordonH wrote:^^^ What gets me is they called out Tim's for running Enbridge ads, but I don't see anyone calling out any of the TV networks for running Enbridge ads as well.

People expect commercials on TV(one of the reasons I don't have cable is because I don't feel like paying 100$ to watch ads 80% of the time).

I think some of the people who signed that petition weren't even anti-pipeline they are just sick of being bombared with advertisements all day. Websites, billboards, etc.

Some businesses need ads. Take Castanet for example. Castanet needs ad revenue because the news is given out free. Tim's isn't handing out their coffee for free.

I suspect this was due to the new Tim owners needing to pay back loans they used to purchase the company. The brand has been making money hand over fist.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

goalie wrote:I think some of the people who signed that petition weren't even anti-pipeline they are just sick of being bombared with advertisements all day. Websites, billboards, etc.

I think most who signed it are the same ones who sign every petition without having a clue what they're signing.

But it's hip to sign online petitions, so sign away!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

goalie wrote:
Typical Ezra Levant fans.

Typical anti-Semitic post.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jun 18th, 2015, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*i have an idea! let's discuss the topic and not each other! :D
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Canada”