Jane Fonda and Protest in Canada

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Jane Fonda and Protest in Canada

Post by Treblehook »

I wonder who invited that old activist to BC to protest? I suppose she means well, but then she probably meant well when she visited Hanoi [America's enemy] during the Vietnam War. And she hopes to get arrested while protesting up here. In other words, she has stated the intention to visit our country and break our laws. Classy for sure.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jane Fonda and Protest in Canada

Post by maryjane48 »

go jane i hope more high profile people come here and do the same :)
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

They shouldn't allow her into Canada. I'm fine with Canadians protesting this or that so long it's lawfull. Maybe foreigners should protests on Skype or something.
When border officials ask what's she up to in Canada does she say she's gonna be a pain in the *bleep*?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Climate change doesn't stop at our border. As a citizen of the planet she has every right to protest dangerous environmental practices.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Why doesn't she mind her OFB?

She comes her from a country that spews 10 times the pollution that we do.

Obviously, her lust for the limelight and her over-blown ego sent her here because she's worn out her welcome in her own country.

She and Sir Paul should take their vanity home to their respective countries, and fade away gracefully.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

lakevixen wrote:go jane i hope more high profile people come here and do the same :)

High profile? Washed up old actress....who cares about her. You could always fly home with her!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rwede wrote:Why doesn't she mind her OFB?

She comes her from a country that spews 10 times the pollution that we do.

Obviously, her lust for the limelight and her over-blown ego sent her here because she's worn out her welcome in her own country.

She and Sir Paul should take their vanity home to their respective countries, and fade away gracefully.

And she protests against that as well. Just because she's famous doesn't mean she doesn't get to voice her opinion on issues that affect our planet. And I know you don't understand climate change but what happens in other countries affects every country, borders are irrelevant. She has much right to an opinion on our poor environmental practices as you do on theirs.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

Jane Fonda has ever right to protest (just like anyone). In particular because she's protesting environmental issues that specifically address the delivery of oil on the west coast, this effects BOTH sides of the border.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

She has every right? Then she should do it in her own country, I blame ours for letting her in.

Also what the hell do protesters get by having some old has been by there side? We got plenty of famous Canadian citizens on both sides of the border that would do the same.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

what a crock of bs she walk here or did she cause damage by flying. all you so called activists are a bunch of frauds. protest when you live the talk, other wise shut up and go home.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

alfred2 wrote:what a crock of bs she walk here or did she cause damage by flying. all you so called activists are a bunch of frauds. protest when you live the talk, other wise shut up and go home.

This will only be a valid arguement when there are viable alternatives.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

jimmy4321 wrote:She has every right? Then she should do it in her own country, I blame ours for letting her in.

Also what the hell do protesters get by having some old has been by there side? We got plenty of famous Canadian citizens on both sides of the border that would do the same.

So is your issue that she's famous, that she's American, that she's old or just that her opinion is different than yours? Canada's environmental policies affect people throughout the entire world so your arguement that it should only be Canadians protesting in this country doesn't wash.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

alfred2 wrote:what a crock of bs she walk here or did she cause damage by flying. all you so called activists are a bunch of frauds. protest when you live the talk, other wise shut up and go home.

JLives wrote:
This will only be a valid arguement when there are viable alternatives.

Yup Walking is the alternative. No emissions either than the food you eat.

Plus if it was known she was here to break our laws then she would have not been allowed to enter. She pobably failed to say that bit of info at the border.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Symbonite wrote:Yup Walking is the alternative. No emissions either than the food you eat.

Plus if it was known she was here to break our laws then she would have not been allowed to enter. She pobably failed to say that bit of info at the border.

I said VIABLE alternative. Walking as a mode of international travel does not make the cut.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

JLives wrote:
So is your issue that she's famous, that she's American, that she's old or just that her opinion is different than yours? Canada's environmental policies affect people throughout the entire world so your arguement that it should only be Canadians protesting in this country doesn't wash.

No mostly because she is an American citizen on Canadian soil, here for the sole purpose of protesting our government policies-SHE CAN DO THAT FROM HOME,THE USA.

We have plenty of people here who can do the same.

As a Canadian Citizen I would NEVER consider going to the US to protest against ANY of there policies, the same applies.

Return to “Canada”