Jane Fonda and Protest in Canada

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Re: Jane Fonda and Protest in Canada

Post by Symbonite »

JLives wrote:
I said VIABLE alternative. Walking as a mode of international travel does not make the cut.

I dont know...you could walk across the border in Osoyoos....thats i guess is considered international travel by walking. Lots of people do it...as well as bike through.....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

High profile? Washed up old actress....who cares about her. You could always fly home with her. lol its clear you know nothing about her ever heard of ted tuner ?but more importantly if you really care about oil then i suggest you call for a refinary
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

lakevixen wrote:High profile? Washed up old actress....who cares about her. You could always fly home with her. lol its clear you know nothing about her ever heard of ted tuner ?but more importantly if you really care about oil then i suggest you call for a refinary

I do know who Ted turner is....but it's Jane Fonda coming. Refineries, bring them on along with pipelines that keep that gorgeous crude flowing. Gotta run..have to gas up the pickup and car...
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:I said VIABLE alternative. Walking as a mode of international travel does not make the cut.

How hypocritical. I'll save the planet when it's convenient for me. Yeah, right.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Outlandish statements like 'leftist lunatics' have no place in this thread.

Nor do responses to such outlandish statements.
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

The point some may be making is simply this...Americans have enough in their own backyards to deal with. This only comes across as what they do to every country on this planet....mingling in the business of a country they don't even carry citizenship in. Would we go down there and tell them what to do?? Of course not, you can't tell Lady Liberty that. Besides, they'd stop you at the border, something our country should have done to her.
Btw....she is washed up. Bono she is not!
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

JLives wrote:Climate change doesn't stop at our border.

Of course not. The climate is always changing, everywhere. It always has.

As a citizen of the planet she has every right to protest dangerous environmental practices.

Sure, I can support that. Too bad there aren't any in Canada to protest, other than completely manufactured "dangerous environmental practices" created by powerful American lobby groups. I do think that Jane should come up here and protest these fake issues though, given all of the American money that has been poured into Canadian fund-raising organizations masquerading as environmental groups that have created all of this senseless fear-mongering.
Not afraid to say "It".
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

She has the same right to visit Canada as does any other US citizen that doesn't have a criminal record or some other legal reason why she should not be admitted to the country. My objection to her coming to Canada to protest is based on the fact that she [apparently] stated that she hoped to get arrested in the course of her activities. That would seem to be a clear statement that she intended to come here and break our laws. If our border people had known of her intentions, I think they should have refused her entry into the country.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

again more lies she said if she gets arrested she dont care . she never said shes coming here to get arrested.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

lakevixen wrote:again more lies she said if she gets arrested she dont care . she never said shes coming here to get arrested.

Okay... simple translation: if what she does gets her arrested, she doesn't care... in other words, if what she does amounts to breaking the law, she doesn't care. Its semantics lakevixen and it all means the same thing!!! I wonder if she would care if she were to get 3 months in jail for her actions?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

lakevixen wrote:again more lies she said if she gets arrested she dont care . she never said shes coming here to get arrested.

Like anyone is going to arrest this billionaires wife. She's just a show and tell piece to entice more Canadian citizens to participate in protest, an instigator.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I used to think that Canadians were not as susceptible to influence by celebrities [bimbo's, etc] who publicly state their personal positions on all manner of things. Most of the time they don't know anymore about the topics they mouth off about than anyone else.... sometimes a whole lot less. From my perspective, Fonda clearly falls into this category and I wouldn't walk across the street to hear what she has to say. I wonder if she is walking up to Canada or traveling on horseback, bicycle or some other eco-friendly mode of transport; or is she jetting about the world spewing pollution like everyone else?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I agree I wouldn't cross the street to meet her either. Famous for being famous as most probably don't even remember her original claim to fame.
The thing is that at this point she's mostly known for her protesting antics, a celeb in those circles.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Her worth is reported to be $120 million. If she really cared about the environment, maybe she could create a fund with half of that money to facilitate legitimate research on ways to transport oil and gas safely or some other worthy cause. What sacrifices she is making.... traveling to beautiful BC to be gloriously hosted by the anti this or anti that movement and roundly celebrated for honoring us with her presence. BS I say.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

do not ted and jane fund anything ? im not sure if ted still alive .

Return to “Canada”