GM moving to Mexico

waynetyea
Fledgling

GM moving to Mexico

Post by waynetyea »

well isnt that nice. moving another prod. plant from canada to mexico.. after we bailed them out in the big stock market collapse.. well i being a westerner never wanted them to get a nickel. and now that the bailout is behind them they want to move some production from canada to mexico.. well then let mexico bail them out next time, and never give them another penny from my tax dollars...since when do people who invest in the stock market get bailed out anyways. its supposed to float freely. if they want to be guarranteed anything then they can put their money in term deposits. dont use one penny of my tax dollars to shore up any stock market ever. under no circumstances... stay outa the market or take your licks. when the market was going up and they all made a fortune they should have put some away for a rainy day or pay the consequences, just like all of us.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: GM moving to Mexico

Post by alfred2 »

unions have done it again, bye gm.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

alfred2 wrote:unions have done it again, bye gm.

Yes Alf, "unions have done it again", by facilitating a liveable wage for workers.
Would you care to reply to the OP's comments and apparent gist of the topic?
We, the people of Canada who have lost leaps and bounds in the income gap bailed GM out.
They respond by eliminating Canadian jobs once they're free & clear of any monetary obligations to pay back.
Do you see any lapse in moral judgment there at all?
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

their demands were too costly, as a result bye. the worker do not get the benefit .union bosses get it all. unions were great in their day now they are just power hungry by the union bosses.we all have to pay for their greed,[ union bosses]
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Im trying to figure out how the union" bosses" get it all that comment makes no sense please explain this twisted reality you have come up with
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alfred2 wrote:their demands were too costly, as a result bye. the worker do not get the benefit .union bosses get it all. unions were great in their day now they are just power hungry by the union bosses.we all have to pay for their greed,[ union bosses]

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 18th, 2015, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

waynetyea wrote:well isnt that nice. moving another prod. plant from canada to mexico.. after we bailed them out in the big stock market collapse.

If it makes you feel any better, they've paid everything back with interest.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

Captain Awesome wrote:If it makes you feel any better, they've paid everything back with interest.

Citation please.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The only GM cars I purchase, the GM stands for German Made ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Dizzy1 wrote:The only GM cars I purchase, the GM stands for German Made ;)

That's what I was just thinking, if ya don't like GM's tactics and wish to make a statement, then drive a Jeep, or some other make.

I do agree they never should have gotten bailed out though.

They've had far more good times and billions at their disposal, to plan for rainy days, instead it goes to ridiculous bonuses, and when the drought hits, the average folk get to bail them out.

Be nice if we all had the privilege of getting a bailout when doo doo storms hit.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Agreed LW. I thought we had a free enterprise world where the strongest and smartest survived. Definitely not so as proven bt these and other bailouts.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I agree unions have been ruining us. We are screwed, too fat and needy.
We need to be inventive and come up with ingenius things like the flat bottom taco shell.
Seriously though in this market unless laborers are willing to take a hit we can't compete in manufacturing.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

That was brilliant! And how simple? A taco shell that stands on its own so you can line ten or so up on your plate.

Wasn't this about cars?
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Ya , I didn't eat yet.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

jimmy4321 wrote:I agree unions have been ruining us. We are screwed, too fat and needy.

So - how much do you think and automotive worker should be getting paid? They currently average $35/hr in Canada. Is that too much? What do you feel is reasonable?
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.

Return to “Canada”