Wall between Canada and the US?

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Wall between Canada and the US?

Post by GordonH »

I agree to this wall if only to keep Donald Trump out of Canada. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Maybe its not a physical wall but something else...a wall to maybe not keep us out....but force Americans from leaving. after all its a tax base that they lose on people leaving the country to other countries....
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Symbonite wrote:Maybe its not a physical wall but something else...a wall to maybe not keep us out....but force Americans from leaving. after all its a tax base that they lose on people leaving the country to other countries....

You are forgetting that America is one of only 5 nations on earth that require their ex-pats to file income tax. The others are North Korea, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

The Donald 'loves' Canada and he wont be building any wall...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-tru ... -1.3221304

Awwww...don't ya just love that?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Kelowna is away ahead of the rest of Canada when it comes to erecting walls in Canada.

The Wall family have been building "Walls" for generations now. Apparently they brought the pattern with them when they came to Canada about a hundred years ago.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

"groan"
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

made me think of this..
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

There is already a full length wall along the border between Canada and the USA that even continues on out into the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans to where international waters begin.

You can recognize the wall by the different colored flags representing different laws that apply on each respective side of the "wall".

For Madhue's information there are "sphincter valves" being produced on both sides of the border. Apparently no one is allowed an exclusive patent on sphincter valves.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

As indicated earlier, the entire notion of a wall between Canada and the USA was nothing but a tempest in a tea pot. The stupid ramblings of a campaigning politician and [as with everything else that comes out of their mouths] should be taken with a large grain of salt.
JBX
Fledgling

Post by JBX »

As much as I know it wont happen I wish Trump would win.

Yeah he is a nutter and pretty crazy, but I think out of all the cookie cutter candidates they have down there he is the one guy just crazy enough to go in and kick the whole house down. The American political house is so corrupt, so full of cockroaches, the foundation so cracked that you cant just cover it with a new coat of paint. The whole system needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Right wing politicians need someone to demonize. In the US it is convenient to demonize anybody who isn't American and can be blamed for America's failures, even though America itself is to blame for shipping all it's manufacturing jobs to Asia and Mexico. Donald Trump can't bring those jobs back to the US, but that detail won't stop him from promising to make America great again. Unworldly Americans just accept it. This Wisconsin governor can make some headway with the Tea Partiers by blaming Canada for America's woes and his promise to build a wall finds a ready audience.

Here in Canada, Steve has adopted this tactic by playing the race card and whipping up hatred for Muslims. It's dirty and ingenuous and very rude, but it works and keeps those tax cuts for the wealthy. Right wing politics isn't about truth and morality anymore, it's all spin.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I am curious how deep it will go... Might find more tunnels.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~

Return to “Canada”