Amber alert over - Hailey found dead

Atomoa
Guru

Re: AMBER Alert

Post by Atomoa »

Is it confirmed that the guy who was charged was dating the mother?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

apparently the father totally straighten his life around when his daughter was born, and he did have full time custody of her...so that says something...

I will say one thing, it was the mother's father that spoke poorly about Mr Blanchette when being interviewed by the media...the poor guy wasn't even dead for 24 hrs when the father was trash talking about him...YET himself nor anybody in his Family stepped up to raise their baby grand daughter, but the father and his Family did...as for the mother , she was very young when she had the little girl (17) so ???

but I agree, there is lots more to this story....
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Atomoa wrote:Is it confirmed that the guy who was charged was dating the mother?

Dunbar, 20, said Saretzky, 22, was an old friend of hers, but they never dated as some reports have suggested. She said both she and police are baffled by the killings.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-147899-4-.htm#147899
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Amber alert over - Hailey found dead

Post by MAPearce »

apparently the father totally straighten his life around when his daughter was born, and he did have full time custody of her...so that says something..

Sometimes , for some men , that's all it takes... It does say something.

I will say one thing, it was the mother's father that spoke poorly about Mr Blanchette when being interviewed by the media...the poor guy wasn't even dead for 24 hrs when the father was trash talking about him...YET himself nor anybody in his Family stepped up to raise their baby grand daughter, but the father and his Family did...as for the mother , she was very young when she had the little girl (17) so ???

Mr.Dunbar may have some issues.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I am not the least bit sorry for saying this...the World lost a beautiful little girl along with what appears to be a father who straightened his life out because of her. While the complete circumstances are not known to us...but guess who is informed...the family members are told everything - they have been told what the police have found and it's kept from public knowledge for a reason. It makes me sick to hear people jumping to conclusions and judging that the mother doesn't 'appear' remorseful enough or that the grandfather is lashing out or the grandmother is posting of Facebook. Really? Is there a 'standard' somewhere that says people are supposed to react a certain way otherwise they are guilty as sin or some how 'involved'? Imagine what Hailey's family members would think or how they would feel if they read some of the comments made here or in all the other places their loss is being discussed. Media in their faces and the Internet on fire with their loss? The hows and whys will come forth in whatever time it takes...it makes no matter anymore...that darling child and her loving father are dead...nothing will change that. Maybe we should have some compassion and empathy for those who are left with huge gaping holes in their lives and be respectful enough to not discuss and speculate the hell out of this very, very personal hell this family is dealing with on public forums and social media networks. What if this was YOUR child and YOUR family? Vultures picking a way at a pile of bones...sometimes humans and mankind really disgust me.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

well there is no way this Family has been told everything as this is an on going investigation, and nobody knows who maybe involved...

as for the media circus, well that's a given in today's world and since this has been blasted all over the media Canada wide for the last 3 days and probably many more to come, there's bound to be questions, comments, assumptions...

I disagree looking at it as a vulture picking bones thing..I look at it as a whole bunch of people who are shocked, angry and wondering how something like this could happen...

just maybe we owe it to baby Hailey to find out what really happened and make sure she and her daddy get justice....
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Have you ever been involved in a tragedy like this Westside?

There is a set protocol that officials take...family is kept informed far more closely than media or the general public.

When you say "we owe it to baby Hailey to find out what really happened and make sure she and her daddy get justice"...

do you actually think anyone is going to let this crime drop?

No one is going to do that.

Try, for just a moment, to put yourself in this family's boots...a public free-for-all is just adding to the pain.

For God's sake have some compassion.

Without question everyone wants answers. Hashing it out and judging and pointing fingers publically is just plain rude.

Pardon me but I think it's criminal for people to be putting the family and circumstances under the microscope to

dissect for their own personal satisfaction. The truth will eventually come forth and will be reported.

No matter what happens our World is a lesser place for the loss of Hailey and her father.

Again, I suggest you consider how you would feel if people were doing the same

thing to you and your family if similar circumstances happened to you.

Justice will be served...dignity for those that are grieving needs to be respected.

I'm done...if people think it is okay to carry on with this public judging and speculating then go for it...

this whole conversation is sickening to me...I have no respect for anyone who continues on with this horrid display of

insensitivity.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

if it bothers you so much Barney, then simply stay out of the thread...

but thanks so much for the life lecture, it's very much appreciated...
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

westside105 wrote:if it bothers you so much Barney, then simply stay out of the thread...

but thanks so much for the life lecture, it's very much appreciated...

Oh my..'.bothers me'?...more empathy for those that are being affected...will do Westside...there are a lol of heartless

individuals out there and looks to be that you are included...in the future if your family and or personal life are ever under

the very public microscope of social media remember how you have treated this family's devastation.
- Unknown
onestop67
Guru

Post by onestop67 »

Atomoa wrote:I'm curious why it's a male suspect.

The father was found murdered. There is no description of any suspect at all, just a white van. When I first heard the particulars story I thought it seemed to be a custody thing.

Perhaps a jealous ex killed the husband and made off with the kid to spite the exwife? There is no clue at all about who did this, except it's a male suspect? Huh?

Someone fill me in?

Wow. You seem to have nailed the situation on the head.

I don't even know what to say about that little girl losing her life. So senseless. So sad.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

there is one comment that the mother made during her tv interview that makes me go ?????

when asked how she found out Hailey was missing she said she found out on FB ???

wouldn't the police instantly check with the mother to see if she had the baby girl before just issuing an Amber Alert ???
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

I don't understand why people keep pushing the idea that the accused was an ex bf of the mother. This has been established as untrue.

What if this guy was wanting the dad do something illegal for him and got violent when dad refused to do so. There's obviously something very wrong with the accused, so maybe he (a) wouldn't take no for an answer, and (b) held significant resentment toward the little girl for screwing up his plans?
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Something about the mother didn't seem right in that interview, at first I thought it was a friend or neighbour till I got in front of the tv and realized it was actually the mother. Anyway that's the vibe I got, not an expert nor experienced in tragedies like that.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

westside105 wrote:wouldn't the police instantly check with the mother to see if she had the baby girl before just issuing an Amber Alert ???

Why would the police have her address and contact information 'instantly'? Gossip is faster than the RCMP, I'll guarantee that.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
bluewater

Post by bluewater »

Cheyenne finding out about her daughter's dissapearance on FB also seems very odd to me.And when asked how long since she had seen Derek and how many years she has been with and apart from Terry. The timeline is very close.
I find it odd that Cheyenne states she didnt know the two men knew each other. Strange over the years that Dereks's name would not have been brought up in conversation being that he was a friend of Cheyennes.

Return to “Canada”