Amber alert over - Hailey found dead

W105
Guru

Re: Amber alert over - Hailey found dead

Post by W105 »

wouldn't the police do a complete search of the murder victim's home ???? the mother stated they shared custody, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off...I would also assume that the police checked Mr Blanchette's cell phone..

I would think the police would first wonder where the mother of the child was before just assuming she's missing...

it was the mother who said she found out on FB, it is not a rumor nor gossip..watch the interview, she says that right away...
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Unless you were part of the investigating team and therefore possess full-knowledge of the crime scene, you don't even know that the officers could even FIND his cell phone let alone "go through" it. (Edited to add) This is especially true considering:
"This type of incident combined with the scene at the residence that we found is concerning to the highest degree both to the RCMP and to the communities in the Crowsnest Pass," he told reporters at a news conference.

FB is fertile soil for gossip. Think about it: Small town...

I bet the police wound up getting clues to her contact information from a neighbour once they got around to talking to others. I read at one point she was 17 at the time Hailey was born, that means she's only 19 now, her brain is not yet developed fully; that doesn't happen until 25 or so. Of course she's going to respond poorly, this is traumatic and she's still closer to being a child herself than she is to being an adult in a world full of cynics like we are here on this forum.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

ok so then maybe the police didn't find any contact number for the mother right away, but the minute they started questioning the neighbors and they were told that the father was living there with his little girl and that the little girl had a mother who visited quite often, they would then be looking for that contact number right away to make sure the baby was not with the mother..

it makes no sense that the police would issue an Amber Alert (which is extremely serious) and not at least see first if the baby was with her mother...
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Just because media reports a story's events in one order does not mean the RCMP have discussed those events in the same order.
http://globalnews.ca/news/2221896/timel ... lanchette/
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

KG, again, this is not from media or the RCMP, it's right from the mother's own mouth...SHE said this...did you not watch the interview ???
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ If the father had full custody of his daughter, then Amber alert would & should be done.
Last edited by GordonH on Sep 17th, 2015, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

westside105 wrote:KG, again, this is not from media or the RCMP, it's right from the mother's own mouth...SHE said this...did you not watch the interview ???

I've been a witness for a car accident, and let me tell you, when faced with even slight trauma like witnessing an accident with critical injuries, it's difficult to remember things correctly and state information in the same order every time. The child has lost her baby, and the father of her baby, yet here a bunch of people in Kelowna BC are trying to armchair psychoanalyze her into some sort of, of, god knows what you want her to be on the hook for.

No, she's not going to get the order right, no she's not going to remember things in a manner that will satisfy you.

She'll never get it right. Nothing in her world will ever be 'right' again.

Edited again to add:

If she is responsible for something, what does it do for you to have been on the right track?
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

but the mother stated they shared custody Gordon...they only reason I believe the police would issue an Amber Alert without verifying that the other parent had the child is that they assumed the other parent was involved and took off with the child...I see no other reason...(and that's a *bleep* thing to assume right away, not very fair to the other parent)

and whoa KG, I have NOT once said anything about the mother being involved, not once...so please do not assume that...nor did I make ONE comment about her actions during her interview, as I understand that people who are grieving should be allowed to grieve anyway they need to..

I simply wondered why the police issued an Amber Alert without checking that the other parent didn't have the baby (which would have been the greatest outcome of all)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

westside105 wrote: I simply wondered why the police issued an Amber Alert without checking that the other parent didn't have the baby (which would have been the greatest outcome of all)
Time was of the essence since there was a murder and the child was supposed to have been there.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If thats the case (shared custody), once father was found dead. Since the Mother was over 500km away in Edmonton. I'd rather have police error on side of caution send out an Amber alert right away, then wait for word from Mother.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Statistically when a child goes missing it's usually the parents that are involved, especially if there is a custody thing.

The father was killed and the child taken. Instantly the mother is in question. Reverse the sexes to prove out the logic.

The mother had some sort of relationship with the accused killer. The police (from what I can read) are following up and investigating the relationship. The woman is speaking loud into a microphone.

There have been countless interviews given by seemingly innocent people (family and friends) who turn out to be involved or even the killer(s). The videos are creepy as heck, but there are quite a few of them.

Given the stats, the mother will be thoroughly investigated no matter what she says into a microphone. I don't feel anything about the issue either way except to say I hope the police sort out what exactly happened.
Last edited by Atomoa on Sep 17th, 2015, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

With the mother living in Edmonton, I really have to wonder how the custody was actually shared, doubtfully 50% throughout the week.

I agree, she was supposed to be with her father who was found murdered and that resulted in the alert before contact with the mother and rightly so. There's really nothing too mysterious about that.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

so they found Mr Blanchette at 11am Monday morning and then issued the Amber Alert at 2:14pm, it was not issued right away because the police were conducting a search first...so nobody phoned the mother during that time period and search just to be sure she didn't have the baby ??? ok then
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

westside105 wrote:so they found Mr Blanchette at 11am Monday morning and then issued the Amber Alert at 2:14pm, it was not issued right away because the police were conducting a search first...so nobody phoned the mother during that time period and search just to be sure she didn't have the baby ??? ok then

•Police try to get contact information for the child’s mother
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

westside105 wrote:
as for the media circus, well that's a given in today's world and since this has been blasted all over the media Canada wide for the last 3 days and probably many more to come, there's bound to be questions, comments, assumptions...

I disagree looking at it as a vulture picking bones thing..I look at it as a whole bunch of people who are shocked, angry and wondering how something like this could happen...

just maybe we owe it to baby Hailey to find out what really happened and make sure she and her daddy get justice....

I agree.

Every tragic event in history MUST be examined and talked about. To just sit back and let others deal with it is irresponsible to society and our own families. WAY to many children are being raised in less than ideal situations. Our children must be taught that there are consequences to their actions, and they are not just living their life. No matter what happened here, a child is dead. A family is broken beyond repair. Several Families.
A young girl got knocked up by a troubled older boy. That right there is a set up for disaster, on many levels. And happens way to often.
Yes, he seems to have stopped having court dates, and yes, it appears he adored his daughter. But as much as you are what you eat, you are what you associate with.
As soon as you have a child with someone, that child is subject to that persons, family and friends, and you dont have control over that, so choose wisely. There are so many battles in life to keep our children safe and healthy, so many that we cannot control.
I hope that this discussion gets families talking. I hope that it wakes up one young man or woman.
I hope that this horrible crime is not some byproduct of a less than stellar lifestyle. Because if it is, this poor baby paid the price. And your damn right we should be good a mad about it!
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.

Return to “Canada”