Mounties who helped end Parliament Hill attack

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Mounties who helped end Parliament Hill attack

Post by maryjane48 »

Almost a year after MPs gave Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers a standing ovation in the House of Commons for his part in killing Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the RCMP has still not recognized the four officers who helped take the gunman down.
An un-redacted copy of an OPP investigation obtained by CTV News shows Const. Curtis Barrett, Const. Martin Fraser, Sgt. Rick Rozon and Corp. Dany Daigle helped corner Zehaf-Bibeau in the Centre Block last Oct. 22.
As Zehaf-Bibeau jumped out and shot at the officers, Vickers fell to the ground and began firing, according to the document.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/mounties-w ... fbb9dde87f
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Mounties who helped end Parliament Hill attack

Post by vegas1500 »

And ?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i gather reading isn't a strong point for you lol. try reading the link then you might have a clue
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

maryjane48 wrote:i gather reading isn't a strong point for you lol. try reading the link then you might have a clue
Where are your thoughts on it ?
You simply posted a snip bit and the link without using one word of your own?
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i agree with the article that the cops should have been publicly thanked
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

Sources told CTV’s Parliamentary Bureau Chief Robert Fife the four officers were told two days after the shooting that “the Kevin Vickers train has left the station but you guys will get internal recognition,” including a commissioner’s commendation and recommendation for a Governor General’s Award.That hasn’t happened. Instead, each man has spent time on stress leave.

I believe that this has more to do how the Conservatives wanted to manage the image of this attack. A single hero was needed. Any recognition of the RCMP officers involved would take away the Vickers hero image and put before the public that the death of the attacker was really a multi-person effort.

The fact that these officers were not recognized also indicates how this government values those who put their life on the line, whether in our armed services, coast guard, or the RCMP. Even their simple public recognition may have been enough to reduce the effect of stress resulting from this event. However, giving recognition and thanks to others simply is not on this current government's agenda.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

maryjane48 wrote:i gather reading isn't a strong point for you lol. try reading the link then you might have a clue

I gather common sense isn't your strong point. You did nothing but post a link. They get paid to do a Job, they did it.

Return to “Canada”