Cop a tweet

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Cop a tweet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:Moose Jaw Cop In Hot Water After Tweet About Female Prisoner - http://huff.to/1MHgh85

bad cop ? hero ?

cop bashing again here, no surprise , looks like almost no one agrees with you ,that must p..s you off
Last edited by the truth on Nov 4th, 2015, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It's not offensive but it is unprofessional.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

And that is pretty much it.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

"All of a sudden there were a lot of complaints that seemed to be coming through our Twitter account," said police chief Rick Bourassa.

"I saw the complaints about it and we deleted that message that evening and I sent out an apology to people for the content. It just doesn't reflect the values that we have. We have a very strong sense of treating people with dignity and respect."

What does this not say about how this tweet was received? Obviously, it was deemed to be a problem.

High lighted in red; what it should say is that "we strive to maintain a sense of treating people with dignity and respect but this asss hat was hired anyways".
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I could never be a cop. I'd find it really difficult to walk around with that police-issued stick up my *bleep* all the time. God forbid someone speaks of a situation I'd bet they witness all.the.time.

Officer posts a scenario that we can only assume actually happened. Updates with the facts...she's hasn't raised bail (mostly due to their lack of hats). The internet gets offended.

The same "dignity and respect" some posters are commenting this officer lacks...is it any different than the lack of dignity this female prisoner exhibited by asking for money? Or the respect she lacked for the law? Last I checked law-abiding citizens didn't need to post bail.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

exactly, blame the cop not the person in jail-only in kelowna
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Man you guys are missing the point. I agree that this woman is likely not an upstanding citizen or she wouldn't be having to ask for bail money. I cannot however get behind using social media to ridicule her. How is this any different than the Kelowna woman who lost her job for bashing her employer?

Putting it out there in this way makes it public and shows up guys like this for what they are; unprofessional.

And I am not bashing the police. This guy happens to be a cop but that doesn't excuse him.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Man you guys are missing the point. I agree that this woman is likely not an upstanding citizen or she wouldn't be having to ask for bail money. I cannot however get behind using social media to ridicule her. How is this any different than the Kelowna woman who lost her job for bashing her employer?

Putting it out there in this way makes it public and shows up guys like this for what they are; unprofessional.

And I am not bashing the police. This guy happens to be a cop but that doesn't excuse him.

Because the officer wasn't ridiculing his employer?

Unless you're one of those people who scream "I pay your salary! I pay taxes!" when you get arrested.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Chief Bourassa, needs to take a pill. He's always been to tightly wrapped. It's humor, and really was it offensive? Member making light of a silly request by the prisoner to pass the hat around.

Big deal.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Because the officer wasn't ridiculing his employer?

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Try to keep up.

It has nothing to do with the nature of the unprofessionalism and everything to do with the fact that people by now should know better than to air their stupidity to the world on social media and think that it won't come back to bite them in the *bleep*.

Return to “Canada”