Gov't expected to drop niqab appeal tomorrow

Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Gov't expected to drop niqab appeal tomorrow

Post by Rosemary1 »

Finally, heard too much about already. Should never have been a major campaign issue. But maybe people with prescription glasses can protest next not have to remove them for government picture id's.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
techrtr
Übergod

Re: Gov't expected to drop niqab appeal tomorrow

Post by techrtr »

One of the reasons why terrorist attacks are happening in France is they have a large, unassimilated Muslim population. Allowing Muslim immigrants to force to change our laws so they can keep their faces covered with a Niqab is not assimilation. We're going to create a situation in Canada like the one in France if we're not careful.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

techrtr wrote:One of the reasons why terrorist attacks are happening in France is they have a large, unassimilated Muslim population. Allowing Muslim immigrants to force to change our laws so they can keep their faces covered with a Niqab is not assimilation. We're going to create a situation in Canada like the one in France if we're not careful.

"force to change are laws" it's always been legal up until Harper used it to try and force hatred for political gain. He lost... :)
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think we all lost.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Good. You can't tell grown *bleep* women how to dress in a supposedly free country.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

techrtr wrote:I think we all lost.

Lost what ?
Since the rule change in 2011 only 2 women out of 680,000 wanted to wear the niqab.
4 years .. 2 women.
What are you afraid of exactly ?

noted there have been more than 680,000 citizenship ceremonies since Tories introduced the rule change.

rules already ensure that women remove veils and confirm their identities before taking the oath.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/09/30/harper-niqab-trudeau-mulcair_n_8222140.html
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Canada”