Mosque fire deliberately set

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Mosque fire deliberately set

Post by whatwhat »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/151866/Mosque-fire-deliberately-set

Just a half hour before their mosque was set ablaze on Saturday, members of the Kawartha Muslim Association were in the building celebrating the birth of a baby, said the president of the association, Kenzu Abdellah.

Shortly after the party left, a neighbour noticed smoke and called 911.

The fire was set deliberately around 11 p.m., police confirmed Sunday. Abdellah said the group left at 10:30 p.m.

Police say they don't know the motive, and they don't have a suspect. They couldn't say whether the fire was connected to the attacks in Paris that the Islamic State is taking credit for.

It is so sad to read about what happened to this Mosque. Even with no leads, it is easy to speculate what happened. It is upsetting to think that someone would deliberately set fire to a religious building because of hate and revenge. Thank goodness there were no people in side the building and no one was hurt.
hail Satan y'all
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Mosque fire deliberately set

Post by bob vernon »

Good fundamentalist Christian values.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Damned radicals.....

They're going to wreck everything.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Sadly, a minority of extremists and their terrorist actions may bring out more of this type of behavior and other discriminatory acts directed to Moslems. Perpetrators when found should be made to work side by side with Moslems to repair the mosque.

More than ever, Moslem leaders must clearly and publicly speak up against Islamic extremists, denounce to authorities should any bcome known to them in their own community, and reach out and integrate more with the non-moslem community around them. While some have certainly done so, much more will be needed going forward.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

whatwhat wrote: It is upsetting to think that someone would deliberately set fire to a religious building because of hate and revenge.

How do you know it was hate and revenge? Link????

Isn't this what you call fear mongering?

For all you know it could have been spontaneous combustion, or a coffee pot left on.

Saw zero conclusive in that story.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^from the article ... The fire was set deliberately around 11 p.m., police confirmed Sunday.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:How do you know it was hate and revenge? Link????

Isn't this what you call fear mongering?

For all you know it could have been spontaneous combustion, or a coffee pot left on.

Saw zero conclusive in that story.

If you have read my post, which surprise you didn't, I said it is easy to SPECULATE what happened. I never said to know. And exactly what oneh2obabe said, the article said it was DELIBERATELY set. So no matter who set it off, DELIBERATELY setting fire to a religious building is sad to think about.
hail Satan y'all
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

whatwhat wrote:If you have read my post, which surprise you didn't, I said it is easy to SPECULATE what happened. I never said to know. And exactly what oneh2obabe said, the article said it was DELIBERATELY set. So no matter who set it off, DELIBERATELY setting fire to a religious building is sad to think about.

Yup, but how come you haven't condemned the Jewish synagogue attack from 1987? You are such fear mongering racist Jewishophobe for not bringing that up in this conversation.

Okay, okay, I'm just playing the same game people play on Castanet every time an Islamist group commits crimes. It's the stupidest and most intellectually dishonest scumbaggy way of discussing an issue so obviously in seriousness, I would not bring up such red herrings.

I hope that whoever did this is found and brought to justice very soon.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I know we are supposed to pass judgement unreservedly right away on any potential hate crimes even before the evidence is out, while on the other hand, if one of the terrorists was in possession of a passport used to get into Europe as a refugee, you must not think that it was actually his because he could have stolen it or something. But, given past supposed hate crimes that turned out to be fake crimes, I think we need to wait for the facts to come out before we burn down the local synagogue.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Glacier wrote:I know we are supposed to pass judgement unreservedly right away on any potential hate crimes even before the evidence is out, while on the other hand, if one of the terrorists was in possession of a passport used to get into Europe as a refugee, you must not think that it was actually his because he could have stolen it or something. But, given past supposed hate crimes that turned out to be fake crimes, I think we need to wait for the facts to come out before we burn down the local synagogue.

So are you saying it is okay to burn down the local synagogue?
hail Satan y'all
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

And obviously, it is not good to assume anything on either end of the spectrum. But authorities have come out to say that the fire was deliberately set, and that they are treating it as a hate crime. They obviously know more about the fire, and what happened then any of us.
hail Satan y'all
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Who's to say it wasn't a radical islamist furthering his cause?
I wouldn't put it past a group who on a regular basis send children as suicide bombers and hide behind innocent civilians.

And no I don't support hate crimes, if this was then I hope those responsible are caught.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:Who's to say it wasn't a radical islamist furthering his cause?
I wouldn't put it past a group who on a regular basis send children as suicide bombers and hide behind innocent civilians.

And no I don't support hate crimes, if this was then I hope those responsible are caught.

agree 100 % why call it a hate crime, maybe they burnt it down themselves to further there own cause,great idea if you think about it
i also agree i hope they catch those responsible
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”