Canada deports high risk pregnancy Afghan

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Canada deports high risk pregnancy Afghan

Post by maryjane48 »

CBSA Deports Asylum-Seeker Facing High-Risk Pregnancy In B.C. - http://huff.to/1XgLONN
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Canada deports high risk pregnancy Afghan

Post by Relentless »

I think they did the right thing.
Canada needs to look after it's own first before helping refugees.
Same applies to a whole bunch of countries which have massive debt.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

They did the right thing.

Her deportation involves the Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement, which states that refugee claimants must apply in the first safe country they arrive in.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#152319
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I agree. Sounds like she planned to have an anchor baby in Canada. Nice how she decided to make use of our medical system instead of having the baby in the states. I say deporting her was exactly the right thing to do.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I think it just yet another attempt to test our laws to see how far Canada will go to "roll over."

Right thing was done.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

She will be looked after just fine in the US just like all the illegal Mexicans that sneak over the border and use all the services such as health, education etc. without paying taxes. The states probably should have turned her back when she landed if they did not want her.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I also don't see anything wrong with this. It does seem to be lacking compassion, but borders do exist for a reason and she had ample opportunity to apply for entry the same way everyone else does.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/cbsa-deports-asylu ... -1.2668559

The rest of her family will too face deportation today. I hope they paid for medical care since I am sure there was no msp coverage. As for compassion, that is for those who need it not those who take advantage of it. She will have medical care in the US too. She was born under Sharia law and knew the consequences. Isn't this her 3rd baby?
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Probably came here hoping to get free medical care. Don't have a problem with her being sent back to the States. Afghanistan might have been a different situation

Return to “Canada”