Canada should be proud

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Canada should be proud

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:lol it must really upset the archie bunkers of castanet when these stories make print

why would you even say that.???? i for one am happy for the guy.
you wanted to turn this into a bigot issue like you always do.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

the truth wrote: you wanted to turn this into a bigot issue like you always do.

No one forced them all to come out and make their racist comments.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Dizzy1 wrote:We should be proud of all 11 recipients and not just focus on one individual because of their ethnic background.

great point..............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

No one forced them all to come out and make their racist comments.

they will just ignore the facts but good thing is we dont have to look into a mirror and their reflection .
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Ka-El wrote:I don't know what's more pathetic and ugly - your blatant racist ignorance, or your pitiful attempts to make excuses for it.
What is pathetic and ugly is that when something you don't like is pointed out to you , you immediately throw out racist card.
It doesn't get much more ignorant than that.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Dizzy1 wrote:We should be proud of all 11 recipients and not just focus on one individual because of their ethnic background.

I'm sure Huffington Post and CTV News were proud of all 11 recipients. They made note that one of them is for the first time from First Nations.
Sydney Poitier was the first black man to win an Academy Award for Best Actor and the media made note of it. Same with Halle Berry for being the first black woman to win an Academy Award for Best Actress. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ka-El wrote:I don't know what's more pathetic and ugly - your blatant racist ignorance, or your pitiful attempts to make excuses for it.
dieseluphammerdown wrote: What is pathetic and ugly is that when something you don't like is pointed out to you , you immediately throw out racist card.
It doesn't get much more ignorant than that.!

Nope. being a racist bigot, and then trying to justify how it is okay to be a racist bigot ...

... clearly that is about as about as ugly and ignorant as anyone can get. Congrats.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

maryjane48 wrote:Meet Canada's First-Ever First Nations Rhodes Scholar - http://huff.to/1Ni7sjJ
well done

Is it possible for you to make a post that does not incite accusations of racism or bigotry? I have not even read any of the posts in response to this OP but came only imagine what they will be.
Call me a bigot or racisict....quite frankly don't care if it comes from you because your posts have quite clearly shown you to be the racist here.
Here's a flip side view. Since FN's comprise 5% of the total population and fully paid education thru University is available to this specific group that is not available to any other "identifiable ethnic" for a number of decades now, why did it take so long?
I can't wait for the fish soup spin on that question.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

twobits wrote: I have not even read any of the posts in response to this OP but came only imagine what they will be.

Why is that? Is it because those responses would be typical for certain posters? No one is forcing anyone to respond with racist comments. Some posters here need very little inspiration when given the chance to display their bigotry.

twobits wrote: Here's a flip side view. Since FN's comprise 5% of the total population and fully paid education thru University is available to this specific group that is not available to any other "identifiable ethnic" for a number of decades now, why did it take so long?

I am so pleased to know that the current generation still in high school will be so much better educated on the issues that have affected and still impact our First Nations people. Still, its not like you are incapable of using google. Sigh. G'night.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Is it possible for you to make a post that does not incite accusations of racism or bigotry? I have not even read any of the posts in response to this OP but came only imagine what they will be.
Call me a bigot or racisict....quite frankly don't care if it comes from you because your posts have quite clearly shown you to be the racist here.
Here's a flip side view. Since FN's comprise 5% of the total population and fully paid education thru University is available to this specific group that is not available to any other "identifiable ethnic" for a number of decades now, why did it take so long?
I can't wait for the fish soup spin on that question.

im the racist ? against who ? im white and just because i choose to see history as it happened means zero except i want this whole issue put behind canada . but you seem to like the status quo
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:im the racist ? against who ?

Filipino women for sure.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

maryjane48 wrote:

im the racist ? against who ? im white and just because i choose to see history as it happened means zero except i want this whole issue put behind canada . but you seem to like the status quo

Excuse me, MJ. Were you not the one who said in another thread that you were in fact Metis? I love the way you spin your culture to suit whatever side of the coin you choose with little to no rebuttal.

You can't have it both ways, unless of course you're also just very very confused.

Return to “Canada”