Oath to queen repulsive

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Oath to queen repulsive

Post by Treblehook »

I don't understand why this man's aversion to participating in a ceremony, steeped in tradition, should be nationwide news. So he doesn't like it.... disavow it, but let others make their own decisions on the matter and most of all... get on with life as a new Canadian citizen. Seems this chap has an inflated opinion of his thinking on the topic. I could care less what he does and am sure the majority of Canadians feel the same way.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Oath to Queen repulsive

Post by Ka-El »

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I think if it so repulsive to him he should elect not to partake and should go back to where he came.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Ken7 wrote:I think if it so repulsive to him he should elect not to partake and should go back to where he came.

Ditto and ditto to this not being news worthy.

It is however a slight to the country you have decided to become part of.
Poor form for sure.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.h ... -offensive

now was this guy a muslim ? where is his heritage from ? israel how cute
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

A brown woman who wants to wear a veil is the biggest threat to Canadian values.

A Jewish man wants to renounce the oath he takes to become a citizen and it's a non issue.

Ok then.

There better be a 50 page thread about this topic, just like the Niqab.
Last edited by Atomoa on Nov 30th, 2015, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

atom you will notice the posters above me failed to say where this man family came from , lol hoe conveniant
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

I don't care where he's from.

Islamic woman wanted to wear her religious clothes to become a Canadian. Now imagine if she also wanted to 'renounce the oath she swore".

I don't care what this man wants to wear to his ceremony as long as he truly wants to become a Canadian citizen. Sounds like he wants it on his terms only and he can "do without some of the language involved".

- Buckminster Fuller
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well i care where he came from because the reasons you stated . if this clown had been from iraq or syria then all hell would break loose . remember less than 5 women wanted to wear the niqab and it cost the ndp the election for standing up to the harper govt because of it . it also now raises the question of how many other jews living in canada feel same way deep down inside ?
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

maryjane48 wrote:atom you will notice the posters above me failed to say where this man family came from , lol hoe conveniant

That is because it doesn't matter where he is from, he could be from France, Brazil or the damn moon for all I care. You want to become a Canadian you take the oath just like everyone else has had to. Don't like it go somewhere else.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Atomoa wrote:A brown woman who wants to wear a veil is the biggest threat to Canadian values.

But fashion is a far bigger threat. Just look at what the guy this wearing, orange jacket with red plaid. I know I feel threatened, surprised we even let him in the country.

http://www.castanet.net/content/2015/11/oath_p3089074.jpg
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

That is because it doesn't matter where he is from, he could be from France, Brazil or the damn moon for all I care. You want to become a Canadian you take the oath just like everyone else has had to. Don't like it go somewhere else.

but he isnt from those countries , he is from a country that begs canada and the states for weapons and money . to the tune of trillions . this could be the tip of the iceberg , i wonder when jt plans on giving him the boot?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/niqab-b ... -1.3343562

The final tally of the federal government's legal bill for its fight to prevent women from wearing a face veil at citizenship ceremonies is $421,840.

The figure is included in a document obtained in an access to information request filed by CBC News.

Yet she swore the oath fully. How much are we going to spend on this guy?

Oh that's right, nothing.

- Buckminster Fuller
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Atomoa wrote:A brown woman who wants to wear a veil is the biggest threat to Canadian values.

A Jewish man wants to renounce the oath he takes to become a citizen and it's a non issue.

Ok then.

There better be a 50 page thread about this topic, just like the Niqab.

he is no better then she was and is, if he does not like are laws like she did, no need to apply, get the f ... out

this is not a skin color issue, you do not like are laws *bleep*
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

IMO this guy is a bigger POS than the niqab lady.

She is at least practicing what she believes in, while taking the oath. She might be assbackwards and stupid... but she isn't necessarily insulting Canada while she acts like an idiot.

This guy is a piece of work. Like the British history or not, it's part of being a Canadian. Think the Queen is a figurehead? No problem with that. Think we need to get with modern times and stop bowing to the monarchy? That's fine too.

Renouncing part of an oath you just "swore" to or pledged? Not cool at all.

Return to “Canada”