Suzuki puts his foot in his mouth, again

logicalview
Guru

Suzuki puts his foot in his mouth, again

Post by logicalview »

Not sure if anyone saw this, but I'm just curious how this guy continues to get away with saying such crazy and stupid things. If anyone else said this kind of crap, they'd be put in a loony bin. This latest nuttiness is right up there with when Suzuki said that he wanted to see anyone who questioned the manufactured "consensus" regarding the man-made climate change hoax to be put in jail. What a maroon.

David Suzuki compares oilsands defenders to slave traders: ‘It’s a moral issue’

David Suzuki says he wasn’t necessarily taking aim at all people working in the energy sector when he compared the oilsands industry to the American slave trade.

In a radio interview on Monday, the environmental activist suggested that those who argue efforts to reduce greenhouse gases must consider economic impacts do not sound all that different from slave owners from the 19th century.

Several times, host Evan Solomon gave Suzuki an opportunity to clarify his statement — at one point asking him if he wanted to “put some nuance on that one,” especially given how many Canadians work in the industry.

But the Canadian scientist and broadcaster doubled-down.

“It’s a moral issue. The issue of climate change is not an economic issue,” he said.

However, Suzuki later sent an email to the program, Everything is Political on the SiriusXM network, to clarify that he wasn’t going after all those working in the industry, according to a column posted online Tuesday by Yael Berger, a senior producer.

“People caught … working for the fossil-fuel industry will have to make a transition, they are not the target of my ire,” he reportedly said.

Suzuki’s remarks come as Canada is getting ready to take part in the United Nations climate change conference in Paris this week.

During the interview, Suzuki heaped praise on Alberta Premier Rachel Notley for her province’s recent announcement of a carbon tax.

“Go girl, go! It’s terrific,” Suzuki said, saying the carbon tax was a “huge reversal.”

When a clip was played of Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall cautioning leaders to take into account the impact of climate change goals on jobs and the energy sector, “which is already suffering massive layoffs in our country,” Suzuki invoked the comparison to slavery.

“You know what I say to that clip? It sounds very much to me like the Southern states argued in the 19th century, that to eliminate slavery would destroy their economy. It did. It transformed their economy. They took a big hit. But who would say today that the economy should’ve come before slavery?” Suzuki said.

When Solomon suggested those in the oil industry might take offence to the comparison, Suzuki said, “they’re destroying the very atmosphere that we depend on.”

“I keep telling the fossil fuel industry, whoever will listen to me, which isn’t many, you’re an energy industry. Now surely to God there’s enough imagination to find other ways of extracting that energy.”

“But, boy, to compare it to slavery,” Solomon said.

“You’re damn right I do,” Suzuki said. “We’re talking about the very atmosphere that sustains our lives.”

Suzuki was not available for comment on Tuesday.

In a blog posted to the David Suzuki Foundation website in March, he said: “People have changed economic systems many times before, when they no longer suited shifting conditions or when they were found to be inhumane, as with slavery. And people continue to develop tools and technologies that were once thought impossible. Things are only impossible until they’re not.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... ve-traders
Not afraid to say "It".
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Suzuki puts his foot in his mouth, again

Post by alfred2 »

suzuki the moron, too bad cbc supports him and tom.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

highlight the parts that are not true :)
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:highlight the parts that are not true :)

If I highlighted the parts that made him sound like a lunatic, the entire article would be high-lighted.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

David Suzuki is nothing more than a nut bar hypocrite getting paid to spew nonsense. He has been called out many times but still just keeps repeating the same lies over and over.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I just have to wonder .. Because the audio cuts out while filming the buses , is this report a hoax ?

http://www.therebel.media/suzuki_makes_ ... _footprint
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

I wonder if all of that acid that Suzuki dropped back in the 1960's and 70's is finally catching up to him.

Grooooovy dude!!!

Not afraid to say "It".
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 2nd, 2015, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
We're lost but we're making good time.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 2nd, 2015, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
Not afraid to say "It".
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 3rd, 2015, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic comment removed.
We're lost but we're making good time.

Return to “Canada”