No legal weed for years

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: No legal weed for years

Post by Ka-El »

jimmy4321 wrote:There's a downside to nearly everything. The thing as far as i'm concerned is that the downside to even daily use marijuana use in itself doesn't come close to the downside of alcoholism.

Even more importantly is the fact the downside of even daily marijuana use doesn’t come anywhere near close to the downside of our current marijuana laws. Grow rips and other forms of drug gang violence (including serious injury and death), crimes and the human destruction associated to heavier drugs brought in because of the black market, and the victims of prolonged drug use and the DES lifestyle financed, in large part, by black market drug trade, and lack of social control as a result of lack of regulation. All in all our marijuana laws have been very costly and destructive and we cannot solve the social and fiscal issues created by these laws using the same flawed thinking that created and continues to support them.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To GMan313 ...

Item 3 is the actual cells in the brain.
Item 4 is the neurons that connect the cells that develop during the formative years.
Item 6 is the expedited development of neuroses in adults.

Huge difference between each of them if you understand what they represent.
They are not at all "the same" or even similar except being caused by THC.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Donald G wrote:
1. THC Impaired driving;
2. THC Damage to the brain cells and nervous system of a foetus;
3. THC Damage to a child's brain cells during their formative years;
4. THC Damage to the neurons, especially the insulating sheath during a child's formative years;
5. Increased chance of onset of psychoses in children who ingest THC during their formative years;
6. Early onset of psychoses in adults who ingest THC heavily after formative years;
7. THC marijuana serves as one more resource for criminals, criminal groups and criminal drug gangs to use in building financial resources. Often to purchase harder, more habituating drugs outside of Canada for sale in Canada.

1. Grow rips ... including serious injury and death.
2. Those crimes and the human destruction associated to heavier drugs once returned to Canada;
3. The victims of prolonged drug use and the DES lifestyle financed, in part, by THC marijuana

Uhhh...k. Not sure how to even respond to that, for at this point I fear I may be in conversation with a crazy/delusional person.

If THC caused you psychosis in your personal life, I feel sorry for you, but you should be aware that you are certainly in a very small minority. It's very beneficial for the vast majority of people.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Unread postby Beavis » 39 minutes ago

Uhhh...k. Not sure how to even respond to that, for at this point I fear I may be in conversation with a crazy/delusional person.

If THC caused you psychosis in your personal life, I feel sorry for you, but you should be aware that you are certainly in a very small minority. It's very beneficial for the vast majority of people.

I agree with you that THC, CBD and THC/CBD blends of marijuana have a number of PROVEN and highly suspected benefits that have not yet been conclusively proven. I have never once said otherwise and have been for making the controlled access to marijuana far more available to Canadians for years now. For both medical and recreational purposes.

WADR you have apparently deluded yourself into thinking otherwise.

Return to “Canada”