Six Canadians killed by Islamic militants in Burkina Faso

logicalview
Guru

Re: Six Canadians killed by Islamic militants in Burkina Fas

Post by logicalview »

FreeRights wrote:But literally nobody here has claimed they're all bad.

10/10

This continual fabrication that there are posters here (where??) that are claiming all Muslims are bad is used as constant justification to throw out red herrings and obfuscations. Here's an actual Islamic person attack in which six of our fellow countrymen have been brutally murdered, and instead of demanding justice for these horrible attacks, instead all I see are soft-hearted (soft-headed?) liberals falling all over themselves trying to excuse and apologise for the actions of these brutal psychotic murderers. I just don't get it and I never will.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 17th, 2016, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic / personal attack.
Not afraid to say "It".
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

people who maintain that the Muslim faith is not the main cause of terrorism today are either not being honest or sadly lacking in current real life information.

And for the record ...

Ka-El wrote: It is the Islamic faith, and Muslims follow that faith. Like the difference between most Christians who know the Earth is more than 2000 years old, believe in evolution and understand the Bible is a collection of stories passed down by oral tradition, and those Christians who would blow up abortion clinics and deny homosexuals the right to marry, followers of the Islamic faith can also be separated between those who just want to live their life and raise and support their families, and those who want to engage in Islamic jihadist extremism. Certainly, that movement has created a very real and growing worldwide threat, but confusing all Muslims as the same would be (and is) as counterproductive as confusing all Christians the same way.

http://www.differencebetween.net/miscel ... nd-muslim/

http://www.wikidifference.com/differenc ... nd-muslim/

http://www.differencebetween.info/diffe ... and-muslim

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion ... 43054.html
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Ka-El » Today, 6:41 am

FreeRights wrote:
But literally nobody here has claimed they're all bad.

Donald G wrote:
IMO people who maintain that the Muslim faith is not the main cause of terrorism today are either not being honest or sadly lacking in current real life information.

Your completely inaccurate interpretation of what I said is equivalent to saying that our belief in keeping money in banks is the reason that ALL people rob banks.

In no way does it say that all Muslims are bad. IMO taking comments out of context, as you have done, is very dishonest.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Believing the earth is only 6000 years old is just as bad as believing that it's perfectly justified to kill infidels and apostates. Moral equivalence, Donald G.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Glacier » less than a minute ago

Believing the earth is only 6000 years old is just as bad as believing that infidels should be killed. Moral equivalence, Donald G.

Perhaps in theory, but I have problems with the fact that, in real life, acting on those beliefs results in one person going to their place of worship and the other becoming a terrorist and killing any number of people. As happened in Burkina Faso.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

All wrong beliefs are morally equivalent because they are all untrue (unless you believe you're a woman or black, in that case one is a bigot for not agreeing with you). Believing that the moon landing was faked is just as bad as believing that it there aren't enough suicide bombings in Canada. Believing that the temperature won't rise above freezing today is just as wrong as believing that Hitler had it right about Jews. Being a Kelowna Rockets fan is just as a bad as believing that all poor people should be shot.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

people who maintain that the Muslim faith is not the main cause of terrorism today are either not being honest or sadly lacking in current real life information.

Ka-El wrote: It is the Islamic faith, and Muslims follow that faith. Like the difference between most Christians who know the Earth is more than 2000 years old, believe in evolution and understand the Bible is a collection of stories passed down by oral tradition, and those Christians who would blow up abortion clinics and deny homosexuals the right to marry, followers of the Islamic faith can also be separated between those who just want to live their life and raise and support their families, and those who want to engage in Islamic jihadist extremism. Certainly, that movement has created a very real and growing worldwide threat, but confusing all Muslims as the same would be (and is) as counterproductive as confusing all Christians the same way.

I'm still waiting for the proof that someone here said that all Muslims are bad???
Not afraid to say "It".
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

logicalview wrote:I'm still waiting for the proof that someone here said that all Muslims are bad???

No one said that, but some people have a really hard time with nuance.

Anyway....

Canadians are dead, and so is satire. Six Quebeckers get slaughtered by Islamic terrorists in Burkina Faso, and to honor their memory Prime Minister Justin Trudeau leads a moment of silence ...at a mosque.

Speaking of prime ministers, having spent his entire premiership assuring us that whatever happens in the news headlines is nothing to do with Islam, David Cameron has suddenly discovered a few things that are to do with Islam. The opening paragraph from Mr Cameron's column in the London Times:

Where in the world do you think the following things are happening? School governors' meetings where male governors sit in the meeting room and the women have to sit out of sight in the corridor. Young women only allowed to leave their house in the company of a male relative. Religious councils that openly discriminate against women and prevent them from leaving abusive marriages.

The answer, I'm sorry to say, is Britain.
Ah, right. And who in Britain bears responsibility for letting a parallel self-segregating society incubate and grow these last 20 years?

Mr Cameron has just noticed that 22 per cent of Muslim women in the United Kingdom speak little or no English, despite having lived there for decades. If you're a Muslim female, the moment of silence can last for decades.

So what's Cameron proposing to do about it? Well, that's all a bit more iffy:

Forcing all migrants to learn English and ending gender segregation will show we're serious about creating One Nation.

Fifty years ago, aside from a few querulous Scots, Welsh and Ulster Catholics, you didn't need to "create" One Nation, because you already had one. Anointing the most "gender segregating" culture on earth as your principal source of population growth is why you no longer have "One Nation", and why you're back starting from scratch. Good luck with that.

Mr Cameron has no serious intention of slowing the right of entry of masses of primitive misogynists into Britain, but in an hour or so he and his fellow MPs will be debating whether to ban Donald Trump. Like I said, satire is dead.

As for "gender segregation" in the Muslim world, let's go back to that Peterborough mosque where Justin Trudeau had his moment of silence to dishonor the Canadian dead at Islam's hands. The mosque is run by Imam Shazim Khan, who gave an interesting speech in Toronto a few years back. "Gender segregation"? Bring it on!

There is no need for her to go out. There is no need for her to call anybody. There is no need for her to talk to anybody...

She only makes available herself to her husband and she protects herself and she stays away from everything that her husband doesn't like in order to please him and to make the marriage work...

Incidentally, Trudeau's imam says that, if David Cameron thinks "gender segregation" is bad now, wait till the hereafter:

"The Prophet PBUH said he said because of this ingratitude [of the wives towards their husbands] that is why most inhabitants of hell are women.

Cameron isn't serious about "assimilating" the likes of Imam Khan, and Trudeau kisses his *bleep*.

Speaking of European leaders, most of them would dearly like to impose a moment of silence on Milos Zeman, the President of the Czech Republic. Mr Zeman has a different take on all this:

'The experience of Western European countries which have ghettos and excluded localities shows that the integration of the Muslim community is practically impossible,' Zeman said in a televised interview Sunday.

'Let them have their culture in their countries and not take it to Europe, otherwise it will end up like Cologne,' he added, referring to the mass New Year's Eve assaults on women in Germany and elsewhere.

President Zeman is a leftie, but not a suicidal one.

Zeman, Cameron, Trudeau: Which of these guys has a better handle on reality?
- Douglas Murray
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Glacier » 35 minutes ago

logicalview wrote:
I'm still waiting for the proof that someone here said that all Muslims are bad???

No one said that, but some people have a really hard time with nuance.

It seems to me that what you are saying is that everyone in life has their own version of reality, including people in positions of authority. Unfortunately when their opinions reach the point where leaders are led completely by political or religious concerns, rather than actual day to day happenings in real life, the leaders become dangerous to their own people. IMO Trudeau has reached that point.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

logicalview wrote: This continual fabrication that there are posters here (where??) that are claiming all Muslims are bad is used as constant justification to throw out red herrings and obfuscations. Here's an actual Islamic person attack in which six of our fellow countrymen have been brutally murdered, and instead of demanding justice for these horrible attacks, instead all I see are soft-hearted (soft-headed?) liberals falling all over themselves trying to excuse and apologise for the actions of these brutal psychotic murderers. I just don't get it and I never will.

The continual fabrication that there are posters here (where??) that are soft-hearted (soft-headed?) liberals falling all over themselves trying to excuse and apologise for the actions of these brutal psychotic murderers is used as constant justification to throw out red herrings and obfuscations. Literally nobody here has been apologizing or making excuses for the brutal actions of these terrorists. I’d say I just don't get it and I never will, but I do get it. It is a strategy of desperation.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Donald G wrote: Your completely inaccurate interpretation of what I said is equivalent to saying that our belief in keeping money in banks is the reason that ALL people rob banks.

:135:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ka-El wrote:The continual fabrication that there are posters here (where??) that are soft-hearted (soft-headed?) liberals falling all over themselves trying to excuse and apologise for the actions of these brutal psychotic murderers is used as constant justification to throw out red herrings and obfuscations. Literally nobody here has been apologizing or making excuses for the brutal actions of these terrorists. I’d say I just don't get it and I never will, but I do get it. It is a strategy of desperation.

A Muslim apologist is not a person that condones ISIS, but rather one who makes excuses for Islamic supremacists. They will for example state that radicalization is caused by global warming and poverty or that the victims had it coming to them such as in Charlie Hebdo. They will also outright lie by stating that people are condemning all Muslims when they clearly aren't.
- Douglas Murray
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Nobody is "making excuses" for extremists. People are trying to get to the root cause and understand the factors leading to extremism beyond "it's just Islam. That's he issue, let's call it a day and go home"
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Glacier wrote: A Muslim apologist is not a person that condones ISIS, but rather one who makes excuses for Islamic supremacists.

Exactly. It is not really all that hard to understand despite the confused games of semantics some like to try and play

(...keeping money in banks is the reason that ALL people rob banks) :135:

Return to “Canada”