Six Canadians killed by Islamic militants in Burkina Faso

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Six Canadians killed by Islamic militants in Burkina Fas

Post by Smurf »

Believing in extreme Islam is the reason that ALL Muslim terrorists kill innocent people.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Glacier wrote: A Muslim apologist is not a person that condones ISIS, but rather one who makes excuses for Islamic supremacists.
Ka-El wrote:Exactly. It is not really all that hard to understand despite the confused games of semantics some like to try and play
Smurf wrote:Believing in extreme Islam is the reason that ALL Muslim terrorists kill innocent people.

:135: ok
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Husband of terrorism victim hangs up on Trudeau

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/hu ... spartanntp
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

driveangry wrote:Husband of terrorism victim hangs up on Trudeau

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/hu ... spartanntp

I loved this part:

But Richard was not impressed with Trudeau when the prime minister rang him up Monday, three days after the attack which killed his wife, Maude Carrier, and five other Quebecers.

''My prime minister called me and began speaking in such a canned manner, wishing me good luck, offering me his condolences and talking about them as a source of Canadian pride,'' he said.

''That's when I told him to stop his political blabbing.

''If he's going to call me, then at least he should know who the Carriers are. It wasn't out of Canadian pride that they were doing what they were doing but rather because they were basically good people.''

Richard said his conversation with Trudeau ended with him telling the prime minister to go hug his wife and children.

''Then I hung up on him and it felt good.''

That's what the Shiny Pony is good for though, useless platitudes and selfies.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

The Green Barbarian wrote: That's what the Shiny Pony is good for though, useless platitudes and selfies.

Ya, because Harper would have handled that completely differently (LOLOL). Trudeau is no different than any of them in this regard, and trying to pretend any different is not only hypocritical (turning out to be a trend from you guys) but desperate.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ka-El wrote:Ya, because Harper

Who? What does this have to do with a member of the family of the six Canadians killed hanging up on Prime Minister Dumbo?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE! THANK YOU! and yes, i am YELLING!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I loved this part:
But Richard was not impressed with Trudeau when the prime minister rang him up Monday, three days after the attack which killed his wife, Maude Carrier, and five other Quebecers.

''My prime minister called me and began speaking in such a canned manner, wishing me good luck, offering me his condolences and talking about them as a source of Canadian pride,'' he said.

''That's when I told him to stop his political blabbing.

''If he's going to call me, then at least he should know who the Carriers are. It wasn't out of Canadian pride that they were doing what they were doing but rather because they were basically good people.''

Richard said his conversation with Trudeau ended with him telling the prime minister to go hug his wife and children.

''Then I hung up on him and it felt good.''

That's what the Shiny Pony is good for though, useless platitudes and selfies.

I'm sure he's very sad and quite depressed right now, but It's a shame Mr. Richard couldn't put politics aside long enough to graciously accept condolences. While excusable due to circumstances a pretty shallow response.

I'm sure the condolences were meant in all sincerity.
I'm Canadian and Canadians contributing to humanitarian exercises over seas or in needy countries are a source of pride for me.

Exactly what part did you love about it GB?
The fact that Mr. Richard was excusably rude or that Mr. Richard used his time of grief to make a political statement you so wholeheartedly support?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Boda wrote:
Exactly what part did you love about it GB?
The fact that Mr. Richard was excusably rude or that Mr. Richard used his time of grief to make a political statement you so wholeheartedly support?

Actually I liked the part where Mr. Richard hung up on a guy who was just babbling platitudes instead of being even remotely sincere. Of course, you chose to see it a different way given your Trudeau fanbois status, which is not surprising.
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Actually I liked the part where Mr. Richard hung up on a guy who was just babbling platitudes instead of being even remotely sincere. Of course, you chose to see it a different way given your Trudeau fanbois status, which is not surprising.

I can understand Mr. Richards response due to circumstances so I don't point this out as criticism of him but to beg the question why you would judge a mans sincerity over comments allegedly made during a phone call you didn't listen to?

Mr. Richard's criticism doesn't actually make any sense (excusably). He hung up because he thought the PM should know that the Carriers did not go there out of Canadian pride but that's not what the PM said?

The Green Barbarian wrote:"speaking in such a canned manner, wishing me good luck, offering me his condolences and talking about them as a source of Canadian pride,'' he said.

''It wasn't out of Canadian pride that they were doing what they were doing but rather because they were basically good people.''

You'd heckle Trudeau if he was giving a eulogy.

You may not recall but I explained last time we engaged on these forums that the ridiculous school yard practice of calling posters you disagree with "fanbois" does not apply to me, I'm definitely not a Trudeau fanboi, but fill your boots with the name calling.
Actually, of topic a bit but during that previous engagement I also asked you quite sincerely what changed your mind about Trudeau?
There was a time pre-election you alluded to supporting him and yet your now back to spewing venom, which I understand is a condition you can't seem to control but I'm curious tho exactly why the about turn?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Boda wrote:
I can understand Mr. Richards response due to circumstances so I don't point this out as criticism of him but to beg the question why you would judge a mans sincerity over comments allegedly made during a phone call you didn't listen to?

and why do you assume that the Shiny Pony was sincere, over comment allegedly made during a phone call you didn't listen to? I would say that the man's response to Shiny Pony were politically driven if he had been just as snarky with the Premier of Quebec, but he wasn't, because the Premier of Quebec was able to come across as a real person, instead of the babbling platitudes of a guy who obviously doesn't care, and was calling three days after the incident because someone told him he had to. We're never going to agree on this, as despite your protestations to the contrary, it's obvious where your political convictions lie, and so thus, you will never judge this case fairly.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

The Green Barbarian wrote:and why do you assume that the Shiny Pony was sincere, over comment allegedly made during a phone call you didn't listen to? I would say that the man's response to Shiny Pony were politically driven if he had been just as snarky with the Premier of Quebec, but he wasn't, because the Premier of Quebec was able to come across as a real person, instead of the babbling platitudes of a guy who obviously doesn't care, and was calling three days after the incident because someone told him he had to. We're never going to agree on this, as despite your protestations to the contrary, it's obvious where your political convictions lie, and so thus, you will never judge this case fairly.

Boda didn't claim he was sincere, *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

FreeRights wrote:[
Boda didn't claim he was sincere,*removed*

Any you're a crying Trudeau fanboi for claiming that he was sincere. Clearly the guy didn't like the Shiny Pony's insincere platitudes, and hung up on Selfie-Boy in disgust. You can be a Trudeau fanboi and blame the guy who hung up, or you can blame the Shiny Pony. We all know why SP didn't call this grieving man on Sunday, because he was too busy at a photo-op at a mosque.
*removed*

My prime minister called me and began speaking in such a canned manner, wishing me good luck, offering me his condolences and talking about them as a source of Canadian pride," he said.

"That's when I told him to stop his political blabbing.

"If he's going to call me, then at least he should know who the Carriers are. It wasn't out of Canadian pride that they were doing what they were doing but rather because they were basically good people."

Richard said he much preferred the approach of Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard, who called him last Sunday and promised to simplify the political red tape for the families affected.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
and why do you assume that the Shiny Pony was sincere, over comment allegedly made during a phone call you didn't listen to?

I don't know for sure?
Call it faith in humanity?

Actually I view JT as being over sensitive, or maybe better described as a "bleeding heart" with an element of naivety allowing him to beleive acts of kindness or humanitarian values have a more prominent place in his role as PM than they should.
I admit to making that assumption without much justification. I just don't get the impression that the fella would use an opportunity such as the tragedy in Burkina Faso to score political points by offering insincere condolences.

Obviously we're all speculating but when I read the article you referenced I thought to myself, who would do that?
At a time of unbearable grief who would bother to question the sincerity of someone's message of sympathy or good luck in your time of need?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Boda wrote:I don't know for sure?

exactly.

Return to “Canada”