Husband of Terrorist Victim Hangs Up on Trudeau

whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: Husband of Terrorist Victim Hangs Up on Trudeau

Post by whatwhat »

twobits wrote:Excellent post. IMo, the only appropriate time for a PM phone call to family would be the death of a military service person.
This was just a cheesy press opportunity to inflate image because that is all that baby T has is image. Perhaps more appropriately.......illusion. Illusion is what was elected and the electorate will very soon realize that harsh reality.
This man is so ill equipped to be Prime Minister it is shocking. I would bet a Pension cheque that this phone call was not even his idea. It no doubt came from one of his puppeteer handlers as a good media score. Wrong. Much more to come.

How could it be seen as a press opportunity when it was a PRIVATE phone call? And the only reason it went public was because the widower went to the media??
hail Satan y'all
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Partmanpartfish wrote:
If this is the worst stuff folks can dig up on Trudeau, he's in for a long reign.

I would like to address this as I put the article in. It showed up on my homepage, I thought it was funny and I posted it. Hanging up on a Prime Minister (for whatever reason) is funny. I wasn't trying to dig anything up. It was in the news and it was funny, end of story.

I think conservatives have to put the acrimony of the Harper years behind them and accept the fact that Trudeau won. If conservatives don't they'll end up digging deeper into the same hole the Republicans find themselves in. With their own Trump and Palin in the top spot.

Why do you continually change the topic to Harper? He's history, gone bye-bye. At least use the Ambrose woman to be current in your references. And PUH-LEEESE the references to Trump and Palin are totally unfounded and ridiculous. The comparisons of Justine to Obama ARE relevant because they are both current heads of their respective countries.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

I guess we should be grateful for the fact he didn't text his condolences. :smt045
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Ken7 wrote: Hope you never get such a call when you have lost a loved one. You just can't grasp it, and in your own words in bold, and yes he did screw up! That is my point you don't deal with the death of a loved one in that way! I have nothing more to say because it won't sink in to some.

You’ve missed my point. You’re right. I can never know what that would be like and I hope I am never put in that position. It is impossible to tell how I would handle it if I was. I appreciate your perspective as a member and I have nothing but respect for someone who isn’t just pretending to be. My point here is that all the posters still grieving the fact their guy lost are desperately trying to make big issues out of trivial ones. I’m not saying Trudeau did not handle this the way you would have liked him to. I am saying there is no reason to believe Harper would have done any better, and the people who are going to such desperate measures to criticize Trudeau for anything they can are making fools out of themselves. It is going to be a long four years for some, and if the Conservatives and their supporters don’t start looking at the reasons why they lost the last election (instead of desperately trying to invent things to blame Trudeau for), the four years after the next election will be even longer.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

pepsilover wrote:I guess we should be grateful for the fact he didn't text his condolences. :smt045

He couldn't find the cell number, only the residential number or he likely would have texted and forwarded his selfie too. :smt045
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Ken7 wrote:Ya you know best!! Hope you never get such a call when you have lost a loved one. You just can't grasp it, and in your own words in bold, and yes he did screw up!

That is my point you don't deal with the death of a loved one in that way! I have nothing more to say because it won't sink in to some.

You don't deal with the death of a loved one by calling them to give them your condolences? I guess I've been doing it wrong for years!

It is all so subjective. I personally would appreciate a personal, private phone call then a generic, public statement/email/Facebook post. I personally would respect anyone who took the time out of their busy day to call my personally to give me their condolences, whether that be friend, family, Trudeau, or Harper.
hail Satan y'all
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

whatwhat wrote:
How could it be seen as a press opportunity when it was a PRIVATE phone call? And the only reason it went public was because the widower went to the media??

Are you that naive? Of course it was a private phone call but if the husband had not hung up on the tasteless phone call, it would have been a media package sent the next day exulting heir wonders' compassion instead of an intrusion into a private family tragedy. Trudeau was directed to call this family and express condolences only because "terrorist" was attached to it. The husband saw through it and trumped him. Good on him for calling a spade a spade.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

This thread is interesting and brings forward how things have changed over the years and how time honored decorum is struggling to keep up with the' lightening speed' of 'in the moment' time we are in now.

It's at times like this, IMHO, that we need to fall back on tradition and time honored protocol. As I have stated before, a phone call, while 'in the moment' and the intention is to be 'personal'...for a grieving family who has had to endure a death so publically the 'invasion' of privacy could add to the loss. Their loss, for a moment in time, becomes the loss of others...who tomorrow will forget while the family are left to carry on. Publically expressing condolences from Heads of State says to citizens and the World that our country is in grieving for the loss and in this case outrage over senseless murders. Allowing for a respectful time to pass, after the funeral gives family the time to have a few days to get out of the lime-light of the media, then if so desired a scheduled phone call...where, in this case, the husband was called or informed by Staff before hand that the PM wished a personal conversation, could be arranged. This would allow, again in this case, the husband the time to compose himself, and the PM the opportunity to have his Staff inform him on some of the personal details of the passed loved one...a finishing added personal touch would then be sending a REAL ON PAPER letter with a personal signature that the family could have to keep in memory.

Trudeau, Harper, Mulroney, Clark - who is presiding makes no matter...at times I miss the traditions and protocol that offer guidance on hardships like this and how they are best handled. The only comment I wish to make is that Justin was and has been brought up in life of a being part of a diplomatic family...he should know, having lived that what steps to take...if not his Staff should be there to guide him. YES, YES, YES, times have changed and traditions are not what they used to be but in saying that some things maybe just should not.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

whatwhat wrote:
You don't deal with the death of a loved one by calling them to give them your condolences? I guess I've been doing it wrong for years!

It is all so subjective. I personally would appreciate a personal, private phone call then a generic, public statement/email/Facebook post. I personally would respect anyone who took the time out of their busy day to call my personally to give me their condolences, whether that be friend, family, Trudeau, or Harper.

From a leader of a country to the leader of a Province, Brad Wall. I'm going to take a educated guess and say he also went to the homes of the victims family and gave them his condolences.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/nati ... story.html

It might be different if it's your old school friends parent that passed on due to old age or illness. Not when you're the countries leader.

Return to “Canada”