Saskatchewan School Shooting

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Saskatchewan School Shooting

Post by kgcayenne »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Just look at tobacco for instance.

Don't those slimy *bleep* STILL pay scientists and lawyers to fight on their behalf?

Of course no other type of company (cough... cough... pharmaceutical companies hocking antidepressants and other mind-altering drugs) would be so nefarious.

Imagine if all the drug company R&D were poured into programs to help people be well.

As Neko Case puts it "'Cause thunder and lightning gets you rain"
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Glacier wrote:No one is excusing his actions.

Well that remains to be seen doesn't it? He hasn't been sentenced yet.

Today, again, there was another news story highlighting the "bullying" and going into detail about his life. Two days in a row now. Of course it's going to factor into the decision, it's a given.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

pepsilover wrote:Well that remains to be seen doesn't it? He hasn't been sentenced yet.

Today, again, there was another news story highlighting the "bullying" and going into detail about his life. Two days in a row now. Of course it's going to factor into the decision, it's a given.

Of course his defense attorney is going to try to use that and a host of other methods to reduce his sentence. That much is obvious.

I cannot think immediately of a single shooting where the offender's actions have been excused, by anyone reasonable.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Does anyone think that all of the violent video games out there now that kids play 24 hours a day may have something to do with the rise in these killings by kids? Just curious. It seems like kids are a lot more desensitized to violence these days.

Back in my day, people were blaming musicians for violent behavior, murders and suicides, going as far as trying to sue them for millions.
Sure theres more school shooting and violence amongst teens these days, but look at the population growth in the last 20 years, Look at the population growth in the last 100 years. More people equals more violence, but theres been school shootings dating back to the 1800 that they have records of.Maybe even earlier. When was gun powder invented?
The most senseless one that a lot of us will know of thanks to Bob Gildoff, was in 79 when then 16 year old Brenda Spencer shot up an elementary school. Nothin to do with video games IMO.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

kgcayenne wrote:Do you honestly think for one millisecond you KNOW what a troubled teen will think? I get what you are saying about the media's attention, but I seriously recommend you rethink that statement, as it diminishes the impact of the rest of your post. You simply cannot profess to know what is in some kid's head that you've never even met.

I was referring to this situation, it is in fact a teen. In many of the school killings in North America it is also teens. That is why I suggested a teen.

Have you ever heard of copy-cat crimes??

You seem to be a wealth of knowledge on this topic? Have you worked with teens who are troubled? No I nor anyone can say what was this individual thinking, but be real a normal teen doesn't go shooting humans.

Further to, if for a millisecond think about it, you believe this individual was not troubled, wow! Good luck watch the circus which will come out, he was troubled as he was possibly bullied, he was deprived, he was neglected the list will go on. Do you watch the news??

Have you personally worked with teens who act out as they are hurting?? I have 25.5 yrs of working with troubled people, and I would suggest this teen is troubled. He / She will not be you high school scholar who everyone looks up to.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

FreeRights wrote:

Of course his defense attorney is going to try to use that and a host of other methods to reduce his sentence. That much is obvious.

I cannot think immediately of a single shooting where the offender's actions have been excused, by anyone reasonable.

"No one is excusing his actions" is what you said, and I responded to that; we don't know yet if anybody has excused them. And you agreed, saying his defense attorney will try to use the bullying to excuse his actions. We will see how much his actions are 'excused' once he is sentenced was my point. It's sure shaping up in the media that the poor boy was bullied about his 'ears' no less. What ever happened to the phrase 'made fun of'? We were all made fun of for one thing or another when we were kids. We just didn't call it bullying and go shoot up the other kids who called us names or made fun of us. In the report I read today, it stated that the perp actually said 'Not you' to some of the kids who had been nice to him and not bullied him. He targeted the kids who had bullied him. He was punishing the purported " bullies", by murdering them. He was clear. Not only is this murder, this is pre-meditated murder.

You and I both know this is going to play out in the media and that 'BULLYING' is going to be the big war cry to try and get him a lighter sentence. As will his being under-age.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

kgcayenne wrote:Do you honestly think for one millisecond you KNOW what a troubled teen will think? I get what you are saying about the media's attention, but I seriously recommend you rethink that statement, as it diminishes the impact of the rest of your post. You simply cannot profess to know what is in some kid's head that you've never even met.

Ken7 wrote:I was referring to this situation, it is in fact a teen. In many of the school killings in North America it is also teens. That is why I suggested a teen.

Have you ever heard of copy-cat crimes??

Of course, but my interpretation of your post went the way it did because you mentioned only one potential outcome/cause. (that being a kid who thinks he'll be held a hero)

Ken7 wrote:You seem to be a wealth of knowledge on this topic? Have you worked with teens who are troubled? No I nor anyone can say what was this individual thinking, but be real a normal teen doesn't go shooting humans.

A wealth of knowledge? No.
First-hand experience? Yes, which results in emotions being reflected in my responses that make them rather terse.

Ken7 wrote:Further to, if for a millisecond think about it, you believe this individual was not troubled, wow! Good luck watch the circus which will come out, he was troubled as he was possibly bullied, he was deprived, he was neglected the list will go on. Do you watch the news??

I fully believe he was troubled, and I’m not certain how you would come to the conclusion that I didn’t. Problems in northern communities and among ‘first nations’ people are tragic, and I think that the way things are done right now are completely ineffective, but that’s another topic altogether.

For the most part, society is broken, and it’s not just the media that perpetuates things, look at television; look at music; look at video games. Look at everything pop culture holds dear. The term sheeple doesn’t come out of thin air, and it’s not exclusive to any one culture.

Did you know a person does not have to actually have experienced violence to have PTSD? Did you know graphic, horrific images are sufficient? <-- that information provided in a PM by another member, thank you.

Ken7 wrote:Have you personally worked with teens who act out as they are hurting?? I have 25.5 yrs of working with troubled people, and I would suggest this teen is troubled. He / She will not be you high school scholar who everyone looks up to.

I wish I hadn’t. I wish I did not know what I know. I wish I did not experience what I have.

Kelowna is not exempt, either. There are great number of troubled teens and youth in our own community. Have you spoken with local EMTs who have picked up our own local assortment of attempted and completed suicides? I have.

I have also come face-to-face with a potentially-fatal medical condition that turns an otherwise healthy teen into a dangerous, violent, person. I wish I hadn’t.

The number of variables are staggering. We don't know HALF of what we think we know.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped
You have got to be kidding a gift, your gift should be life in prison without parole.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/19 ... anniv-gift
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

GordonH wrote:Bumped
You have got to be kidding a gift, your gift should be life in prison without parole.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/19 ... anniv-gift

the kid has issues
one of them should be breathing

this kind of psychosis should not be considered for release, ever
same to be said for cannibal bus killers
never
ever

Return to “Canada”