NDP stupidity hits new heights in Alberta

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Re: NDP stupidity hits new heights in Alberta

Post by Hassel99 »

I think this idea is stupid, but I think its even stupider that the author of the article linked to the OP used the fear word "ban" and chumps slopped it up as gospel.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Donald G wrote:
It is not the political messenger that is ridiculous.

Look at the title of this thread and read the comments.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by maple leaf » Today, 9:27 am

Donald G wrote:

It is not the political messenger that is ridiculous.

Look at the title of this thread and read the comments.

For those having difficulty understanding and interpreting what I said, perhaps it would clarify matters if I explained that the "messengers" are the teachers and other authorities in the school system who are mandated to deliver the ridiculous NDP message to the parents and children.

The "stupidity" is limited to those in the NDP who thought up and mandated the message.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Donald G wrote:
For those having difficulty understanding and interpreting what I said, perhaps it would clarify matters if I explained that the "messengers" are the teachers and other authorities in the school system who are mandated to deliver the ridiculous NDP message to the parents and children.

The "stupidity" is limited to those in the NDP who thought up and mandated the message.

For those who have difficulty reading what others posted.Go back and read my original question.The stupidity is not limited to the NDP,but more to the times we now live in.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by maple leaf » Today, 9:27 am

For those who have difficulty reading what others posted.Go back and read my original question.The stupidity is not limited to the NDP,but more to the times we now live in.

Since the NDP are solely responsible for the ridiculous and unrealistic new school bathroom regulations and "proper way to address people" legislation I do not see how they can now try to blame others for the "stupidity" umbrella that has grown up around the issue. The NDP alone are responsible for initiating the issue in their efforts to NDPize Alberta.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Donald G wrote:
The NDP alone are responsible for initiating the issue in their efforts to NDPize Alberta.

The only thing the NDP in Alberta are responsible for is bringing Alberta up to the same level as every other Province in Canada.If that is something odd or outrageous to you then so be it. They are not NDPizing Alberta ,but Candianizing them to the same rules ,legislation,standards as every other province,as they didn't start these ideas ,but are following suit with every other province,weather or not it is stupid in the righties minds.It is the times we live in.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by maple leaf » 36 minutes ago

The only thing the NDP in Alberta are responsible for is bringing Alberta up to the same level as every other Province in Canada.If that is something odd or outrageous to you then so be it. They are not NDPizing Alberta ,but Candianizing them to the same rules ,legislation,standards as every other province,as they didn't start these ideas ,but are following suit with every other province,weather or not it is stupid in the righties minds.It is the times we live in.

Since I have never heard of any other province demanding that "male" appearing students be permitted to use the female community bathroom and change room or showers I find the above statement completely untrue. One person bathrooms and change rooms and showers is a completely different matter, where they are available.

In addition publicly pushing the matter is an excellent way to further stigmatize the students involved.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

Donald G wrote:
Since I have never heard of any other province demanding that "male" appearing students be permitted to use the female community bathroom and change room or showers I find the above statement completely untrue. One person bathrooms and change rooms and showers is a completely different matter, where they are available.

And neither does the Alberta NDP government demand such, without being accommodating to all involved. .But there are provisions within Canada'ss human rights ,Albertas now legislation and also Ontario's for example that give guidelines to make accommodations that work for non gender and gender students.It is not going to be worded exactly the same ,but does amount to the same ideas .
Ontario
Gender Segregation in Other Areas. As a general rule, in any other circumstances where students are separated by gender in school activities (e.g., class discussions, field trips), students shall be permitted to participate in accordance with their gender identity.
Activities that may involve the need for housing accommodations in order to address student privacy concerns will be addressed on a case‐by‐case basis. In such circumstances, staff shall make every reasonable effort to provide an accommodation that is acceptable to the student. If, for reasons of privacy or safety, transgender or gender non‐conforming students find standard gender‐separated housing accommodations or shared accommodations unacceptable, private accommodations should be made available to the student at no additional cost.

Washroom Access. All students have a right to safe restroom facilities and the right to use a washroom that best corresponds to the student’s gender identity, regardless of the student’s sex assigned at birth. Requiring students to ‘prove’ their gender (by requiring a doctor’s letter, identity documents, etc.) is not acceptable. A student’s self‐identification is the sole measure of the student’s gender. Where possible, schools will also provide an easily accessible all‐ gender single stall washroom for use by any student who desires increased privacy, regardless of the underlying reason. Use of an all‐gender single stall washroom should be an option students may choose, but should not be imposed upon a student by the school because of the student’s gender identity.

Alberta
Providing safe access to washroom and change-room facilities.
Students with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions have a right to accommodation when it comes to the use of washroom and change- room facilities that are congruent with their gender identity. This applies during school time and school-related activities on and off school property (such as field trips and athletic events).
Although creating separate spaces may sometimes be necessary, emphasis should be on creating safe and inclusive spaces. As part of a comprehensive whole-school approach, strategies should be in place to ensure all areas of the school are safe for all students, all of the time. This may include implementing proactive strategies such as communicating clear behaviour expectations to all students, increasing adult presence and supervision, and monitoring key areas of the building and grounds.
Indicators of this best practice in action
• Students are able to access washrooms that are congruent with their gender identity. 

• Strategies are in place to ensure that clear behaviour expectations are communicated to and understood by students, staff and volunteers and that washrooms and change-rooms are adequately supervised. 

• Schools provide a non-gendered, single-stall washroom for use by any student who desires increased privacy, regardless of the reason (e.g., medical, religious, cultural, gender identity, gender expression, etc.). This washroom is in an easily accessible location within the school. 

• The use of a non-gendered, single-stall washroom is a matter of choice for students, staff, volunteers or visiting family, and not a compulsory requirement. 

• When possible, schools have more than one non-gendered washroom for use by all members of the school community. 

• All students have access to change-room facilities that meet their individual needs and privacy concerns. This may include a choice of options such as: 
- a private area within the common change-room area (such as a stall with a door, or an area separated by a curtain); or 
- anearbyprivatearea(suchasanearbywashroom). 

• A student who objects to sharing a washroom or change-room with a student who is trans or gender-diverse is offered an alternative facility (this scenario also applies when a parent or other caregiver objects to shared washroom or change-room facilities on behalf of their child). 

• When travelling for competitions or events at another school, staff ensure accommodation for changing, showering, or washroom facilities. When staff make these arrangements, they take care to maintain the student’s confidentiality by not disclosing information related to sexual orientation, gender identity or
gender expression without the student’s direct permission. 

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Alberta
Providing safe access to washroom and change-room facilities.
Students with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions have a right to accommodation when it comes to the use of washroom and change- room facilities that are congruent with their gender identity.

Ontario
Where possible, schools will also provide an easily accessible all‐ gender single stall washroom for use by any student who desires increased privacy, regardless of the underlying reason.

Since the guideline is clear that only one person washrooms, showers and change rooms are identified as suitable why does so much of the information dwell on multiple person washrooms, showers and change rooms without being clarified ?? Why is the NDP not taking every measure to identify both what the policy means and what they are going to do to insure that one person washrooms, showers and change rooms are made available at EVERY school.

Why have the NDP in Alberta dwelled completely on transgender youth when there are any number of other reasons why a student does not want to use a community change room. It is VERY common for sexually abused children to go so far as to skip gym classes or not take gym because of having to bare their bodies. Why the preoccupation with transgender by the NDP in Alberta when Ontario includes all children with concerns.

Return to “Canada”