Übergod

USA Plans to Keep Canada Accountable re Refugees

Post by pepsilover »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/01/26 ... mg00000008

Canada's Syrian Refugee Plan To Be Vetted By U.S. Congressional Panel

CP | By Alexander Panetta, The Canadian Press

Posted: 01/26/2016 4:45 pm EST Updated: 01/27/2016 10:59 am EST

<FOR FULL STORY GO TO LINK>

<snip> WASHINGTON — The Canadian government has fired off a pre-emptive strike before American lawmakers hold a hearing in which the northern neighbour's Syria refugee policy will be on the hot seat.

It sent a note to members of a powerful U.S. Senate committee that has scheduled a meeting next week titled, "Canada's Fast-Track Refugee Plan: Unanswered Questions and Implications for U.S. National Security."
The U.S. Senate homeland-security hearing is, for the Trudeau government, an unwanted flip-side to the praise it received from progressives and foreign media outlets last month when the prime minister personally greeted refugees at the airport.

This will be far less laudatory, judging from the list of witnesses invited to testify before the committee next Wednesday: most have already publicly challenged Canada's plan to quickly accept 25,000 refugees.

The Canadian embassy had also been invited to testify but declined, said ambassador Gary Doer, citing a long-standing practice of avoiding appearances in that partisan domestic political chamber.

Instead, Doer sent a note beforehand outlining nine security measures the Canadian government has taken — five specifically related to the Syrian refugee program, and four others involving regular border co-operation with the U.S.

They include the collection of biometric information from refugees; a zero-acceptance policy when doubts surface about any individual candidate; use of U.S. security databases; the prioritization of low-risk refugees like women and families; and the fact that the refugees would be non-citizens for years, and couldn't travel to the U.S. without visas.<snip>
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
FreeRights
Guru

Re: USA Plans to Keep Canada Accountable re Refugees

Post by FreeRights »

pepsilover wrote:
They include the collection of biometric information from refugees; a zero-acceptance policy when doubts surface about any individual candidate; use of U.S. security databases; the prioritization of low-risk refugees like women and families; and the fact that the refugees would be non-citizens for years, and couldn't travel to the U.S. without visas.<snip>

That sounds fair.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

They can plan ahead and let the people receiving the refugees know how many are in the families do you really think they are doing a proper job of the security checks.

use of U.S. security databases;

The US themselves have said their databases are virtually useless due to a lack of any real information. Do you honestly think that at this time, if ever, you are going to get good information out of Syria or many of those countries. I truly have my doubts.
"Hi are you a terrorist?" "No" "Thank You"
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It's all a sham to make the citizens think they are being protected. There are no 100% guarantees!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Smurf wrote:They can plan ahead and let the people receiving the refugees know how many are in the families do you really think they are doing a proper job of the security checks.

The US themselves have said their databases are virtually useless due to a lack of any real information. Do you honestly think that at this time, if ever, you are going to get good information out of Syria or many of those countries. I truly have my doubts.
"Hi are you a terrorist?" "No" "Thank You"

Do I really think? I have no idea. You nor I have any idea what the process is and what amount of information Canada has access to. It would be unfair to even conclude anything.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

FreeRights wrote:It would be unfair to even conclude anything.

This is not the nature of many Castanet posters.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

The Americans would be better to mind their own business. Perhaps address the 100,000 gun homicides since Sandy Hook or something if they have nothing better to do.

Return to “Canada”