Trudeau Speaks on CF-18's, Syria and ISIS

FreeRights
Guru

Re: Trudeau Speaks on CF-18's, Syria and ISIS

Post by FreeRights »

There still is precision bombing. We're just not the ones doing it; rather, committing to assist in a different way.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The other reality of this mess is that no solution is possible until those that are prosecuting proxy wars in the Iraq/Syria are can be brought to a point of peace, or at least lasting truce.

That involves Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Iran, the Assad government, Turkey, now the Russians, and on down to the Kurds and Hezbollah et al.

Arguably, if you are not directly involved in the fighting, you are indeed in a better position to try to ever so slowly bring these groups towards a truce.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by hobbyguy » 44 minutes ago

Arguably, if you are not directly involved in the fighting, you are indeed in a better position to try to ever so slowly bring these groups towards a truce.

You do realize do you that there has NEVER been peace among the Arab factions and that the area has been involved in one war or civil insurrection for at least 1000 years of recorded history. Until the people become more educated there is no possibility of peace, except that brought about by force.

It is ludicrous that anyone would think that we can find a short term magic solution to a 1000 year deeply embedded problem that includes a way of life that includes ignorant people being continually manipulated by several hundred people seeking personal power. It was that way when my father was in the area with the British Army in 1920 - 1921 and has remained that way ever since.

Theory vs reality
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Hurtlander » 27 minutes ago

Donald's theory is that every conclusion that pops into his head is a reality....too bad we all can't be so knowledgeable and perfect.

IMO "collective" information based on history and conveyed by people who were there at the time is as close to reality as we are ever going to get.

The future, except that supported by one or more of the sciences is theory.

Another example of Theory vs Reality in everyday life.

Supercilious comments would fall into the "theory" bin.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

hobbyguy wrote:The other reality of this mess is that no solution is possible until those that are prosecuting proxy wars in the Iraq/Syria are can be brought to a point of peace, or at least lasting truce.

That involves Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Iran, the Assad government, Turkey, now the Russians, and on down to the Kurds and Hezbollah et al.

the thing is most of the far rightwing tea party type garbage just want bombs dropping . to them it makes them feel safe to know that the weapons makers stock is going up . nothing more nothing less . real problem sovling is extinct in the right wing now .

i was no huge fan of jt but bad haitcut had to go and us playing around with our cf18 was waste of money .
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

FreeRights wrote:There still is precision bombing. We're just not the ones doing it; rather, committing to assist in a different way.

http://truthinmedia.com/truth-in-media- ... n-of-isis/

Watch this video, and then ask yourself should we train more or these people??
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I know where they came from, and Canada is training primarily the Kurdish rebels in the north - who did not turn into IS. The idea is to allow local forces to fight their own war. With the possible exception of boots on the ground, this is a much better idea than bombing indefinitely.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Donald writes;
with the British Army

Is that the same army that used the Sphinx for target practice?
And the same British that screwed up that part of the world by drawing arbitrary borders through regions with no regard to anything logical like culture and religions, tribes and governments
Dividing countries like India and Pakistan and generally throwing Persia into massive disarray?

PS My family has a long history of service in the British armed forces.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

My father's personal observations of what was going on in the MidEast area was very similar to what is still going on at the present time. WADR your other comments have nothing to do with Canada's part in minimizing the damage cause by the same terrorism that was in the area in 1920-1921.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Since Britain was the original cause of much of the unrest, my comment was on point.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by I Think » 17 minutes ago

Since Britain was the original cause of much of the unrest, my comment was on point.

The topic is about Trudeau Junior grounding the precision bombers.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by FreeRights » Today, 3:28 pm

There still is precision bombing. We're just not the ones doing it; rather, committing to assist in a different way.

Round and round we go. The difficulty in putting boots on the ground without air cover and precision bombing to make it difficult for ISIS terrorist extremists has been covered. As has the danger in getting drawn into the actual fighting which would, as well identified by numerous historical examples, be idiotic for Canada to do. All we can do is hold off the terrorists until The Mid East reaches its own balance of power within and between countries.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

FreeRights wrote:I know where they came from, and Canada is training primarily the Kurdish rebels in the north - who did not turn into IS. The idea is to allow local forces to fight their own war. With the possible exception of boots on the ground, this is a much better idea than bombing indefinitely.

the main job will be and should have been from beggining , to identify who to actualy help .the kurds are one such group but turkey calls the kurds terrorist in much same way israel calls the palistines terrorists .

im willing to trust a defence minister who spent time there and has better understanding of what our role should be than any poster on here .
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Donald G wrote: The topic is about Trudeau Junior grounding the precision bombers.

You mean the part of the mandate he defeated your guy with and was elected on? Get over it Donald. Harper was long past his best before date and Canadians wanted him gone. The fact no one from the Conservatives would take any responsibility for their economic and fiscal failures did not help. The fact you partisan clowns are now attacking Trudeau because he has a good looking wife who can sing and once tried to start an acting career just highlights how desperate you have all become and how rigid in your thinking you remain. You might as well get used to Trudeau being around. It is going to be a long four years for you guys, and if this is the strategy of your Party, the four years that follow will seem even longer. :smt045
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

another issue is saudi and rest of the so called arab coalition is doing most of its bombing in yemen which the yanks already got covered by drones , so imo its just fluff . if there is any country we should be bombing into the history books it is saudi arabia . not like harper selling weapons and jt to go through with the deal is a black mark on his goverment

Return to “Canada”