Trudeau's First 100 Days

pepsilover
Übergod

Trudeau's First 100 Days

Post by pepsilover »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#158336

<Sorry for the length, it IS Castanet news story so if you feel the need to shorten it, fine with me>

Promises, promises.

Justin Trudeau made 214 of them during last fall's marathon election campaign, according to TrudeauMetre.ca, a non-partisan, citizen-driven website that tracks if and when the prime minister delivers on his commitments.

As his Liberal government prepares to mark its 100th day in power Friday, the website reckons Trudeau has so far delivered on 13 promises, started 29 more and broken at least two.

While some of the website's conclusions are debatable, they underscore that despite a running start, the government has made barely a dent in a sweeping platform that promised transformative change on multiple fronts: stimulating the stagnant economy, transforming government and even overhauling how governments are chosen.

A number of big promises, such as a new child care benefit and massive infrastructure investments, are expected in the Trudeau government's maiden budget late next month.

Here's a look at what's been accomplished — or not — so far:

go to link to read more.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 11th, 2016, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posted entire article.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
FreeRights
Guru

Re: Trudeau's First 100 Days

Post by FreeRights »

Great record so far!
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

I'm impressed. So much done in 100 days. 13 promises. One every 8 days on average. 29 promises started. Awesome.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Some of those "promises kept" are pretty weak sauce. Like promising to base his cabinet appointments not on merit or experience, but on whether you have a pee-pee or not, is really not a campaign promise, its just pandering to progressives who place value on vacuous politically correct gestures. Also, its not really "keeping a campaign promise" to "unmuzzle" scientists who were never muzzled in the first place. Also, where on the list did I see his promise to haul plane loads of Liberal pork barrellers to Paris at taxpayer expense for a giant post-election party? Because there's a promise he definitely kept. He also broke the world leader record for selfies taken in the first 100 days in office, which is another promise, if he made it, we knew he would easily keep.
Not afraid to say "It".
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^

When science goes silent
With the muzzling of scientists, Harper’s obsession with controlling the message verges on the Orwellian

Jonathon Gatehouse
May 3, 2013

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/when ... es-silent/
Chill
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

If his first 100 days are any representation in the rest if his tenure, he's going to make a fantastic Prime Minister. At least he's young, so we can keep him in power for a dozen years.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

FreeRights wrote:If his first 100 days are any representation in the rest if his tenure, he's going to make a fantastic Prime Minister. .

How the hell can anyone say this with a straight face? A fantastic PM? What? All he's done in his first 100 days is take tons of selfies and not follow through on a lot of promises that everyone knew he was lying about, like the 25,000 Syrians, the end to the bombing against ISIS and the massive deficits he is going to run that he said he wouldn't run. So to sum up - he totally lied to get elected, a trick he learned from his evil dad. I am just waiting for him to say "Zap! You're frozen!!" and the circle will be complete.
Not afraid to say "It".
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

He could cure cancer and you would still say he's done nothing. I, for one, am enormously satisfied with how he's dealing with the Middle East, that he's been delaying the refugees to make sure it's done right, and that he's working toward marijuana legislature. I also agree with his economic policies in that by running a deficit, he can restore some of the programs that's we have or used to have that made this country great. It's also nice to have a photogenic Prime Minister for a change!

And it's only been 100 days.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

FreeRights wrote:He could cure cancer and you would still say he's done nothing.

Pure garbage. You claim that you aren't a leftist, yet here you are making bizarre comments like the one above. Why wouldn't you just answer the question rather than attacking me? Are you really that threatened when someone dares to disagree with you about your precious Justin?

I, for one, am enormously satisfied with how he's dealing with the Middle East,

So you are happy that he broke his campaign promise about pulling out the CF-18's? Really?

I also agree with his economic policies in that by running a deficit,

Not just "a deficit", he's running a MASSIVE deficit. And once again, breaking a campaign promise. Which you seem totally cool with. Partisanship really is blind.

he can restore some of the programs that's we have or used to have that made this country great.

What the hell are you talking about? Programs that "made this country great"? WHAT??

It's also nice to have a photogenic Prime Minister for a change!

Oh barf. Yes he seems to never meet a camera phone he doesn't like. It's too bad there's nothing between those gorgeous ears.

Right, and he's done NOTHING. And you know what, that's fine. Most of us didn't expect much. But the spin that he actually has done something when he's done NOTHING really is laying it on thick, and is basically vomit-inducing.
Not afraid to say "It".
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

For the record, his campaign promise was to stop bombing in the Middle East. What part of that did he break?
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

FreeRights wrote:He could cure cancer and you would still say he's done nothing. I, for one, am enormously satisfied with how he's dealing with the Middle East, that he's been delaying the refugees to make sure it's done right, and that he's working toward marijuana legislature. I also agree with his economic policies in that by running a deficit, he can restore some of the programs that's we have or used to have that made this country great. It's also nice to have a photogenic Prime Minister for a change!

You forgot to mention that he's also caused the right wing go full Tea Party :D :popcorn:
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

FreeRights wrote:For the record, his campaign promise was to stop bombing in the Middle East. What part of that did he break?

He's stopped bombing in the Middle east? Really? Someone should tell ISIS that, as I don't think they got the memo.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

K_teela wrote:
You forgot to mention that he's also caused the right wing go full Tea Party :D :popcorn:

and the idiot NDP to completely disappear. :D :popcorn:
Not afraid to say "It".
K_teela
Fledgling

Post by K_teela »

and the idiot NDP to completely disappear. :D :popcorn:[/quote]

I find it amusing how you guys have been essentially brainwashed into hating anything NDP related. I mean, they haven't even had a chance to screw us over yet! Yet people like yourself will religiously claim anything negative as being 'NDP' related. It's a joke.

You love to hate on our current PM as well, I guess you just don't like honesty. Facts are at least being given to us, at least we know what we can be angry about or not. You complain about selfies? really? At least he's being the public figure he should be. Our last PM hid behind the curtains, refusing to let out information, refusing to answer questions, so much scandal and broken promises there too...while purposely being misleading the entire time. At least now we're being told when things are going as planned, it's not being hid behind smoke and mirrors anymore. I guess you're not used to actually being told the truth though, so your attitude is understandable when you're actually hearing the bad news as well, it's not being sugarcoated or hidden from view anymore.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

K_teela wrote:

logicalview wrote:and the idiot NDP to completely disappear. :D :popcorn:

This is true, barely hear a peep out of them these days. I guess that's 1 point I'll concede to PM Troolander.

Return to “Canada”