Crass Notley

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Crass Notley

Post by Gone_Fishin »

We have a Crass Christy thread. It is only fitting that we have a Crass Notley thread, which illustrates just how disgusting NDP politicians really are in times of grief.

FEBRUARY 12, 2016

Standing on graves to push an agenda, Notley NDP give stump speech at Hinton crash memorial service

SHEILA GUNN REID
REBEL COMMENTATOR

The Alberta NDP used a memorial service to give a stump speech in Hinton.

This week in Hinton, the town marked a sad anniversary. The town unveiled a plaque commemorating a rail crash that killed 23 people and injured 71 others when a CN freight train collided with a via rail passenger train February 8, 1986. This was Alberta's Lac Megantic. In fact, it was the deadliest rail crash in Canada until that Quebec tragedy happened in 2013.

The crash itself was a disaster where stories of true heroism were made. Sixty one year old Ken Cuttle was a British marine during World War Two. He was trained to act quickly. After the crash he helped drag two people to safety and made a way out of the train car he was in for others before the train exploded in flames. The ceremony in Hinton should have been a time to honour heroes like Mr. Cuttle and the people who lost their lives that cold February day. But the NDP made sure it wasn’t.

They hijacked it like a bunch of shameless ghouls.

West Yellowhead NDP MLA Eric Rosendahl didn’t attend. But he did send his constituency manager, Kathleen Westergaard and she turned the sad and somber day into a campaign speech for the NDP. She gave a speech that honoured the NDP, not the dead or the heroic.

Westergaard said, “The rail system is safer today because people learned from the mistakes of the past...As Albertans, we have learned from the mistakes of our past, too, and that’s why economic diversification is an important policy for our government." Westergaard then went into full campaign mode, talking about how the NDP is working to create “good, mortgage-paying jobs for the people of Alberta.”

Imagine you lost a child or a parent in that crash. Imagine you survived and lived with the trauma and survivor's guilt for 3 decades. Now imagine the sick feeling you'd have listening to Ms. Westergaard co-opt that day to stump for Rachel Notley. The NDP didn’t just ruin the ceremony. They robbed the survivors, families and the community of whatever closure they could have gotten from marking the anniversary. The NDP stole that day for themselves.

The left wouldn't be the left if they didn’t stand on a grave to push an agenda. Every time gun violence happens they shout for more gun control. A kid dies on a farm and the NDP use it to push a farm unionization law. They can't help themselves. It's a trait of the left.

More here http://www.therebel.media/standing_on_graves_to_push
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Crass Notley

Post by maple leaf »

Absolutely crass.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Joe Public
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Joe Public »

I would suggest to the moderators that this thread does not belong in the BC section.

Leaving it here would make it as crass as Christy was in slagging our neighbour.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

But where are all the righties defending the crassness ,like they did for crass Christy.
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Gone_Fishin wrote:We have a Crass Christy thread. It is only fitting that we have a Crass Notley thread, which illustrates just how disgusting NDP politicians really are in times of grief.

FEBRUARY 12, 2016

Standing on graves to push an agenda, Notley NDP give stump speech at Hinton crash memorial service

SHEILA GUNN REID
REBEL COMMENTATOR

The Alberta NDP used a memorial service to give a stump speech in Hinton.

Bringing this subject up is crass. And by the way this belongs in the Canada section.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think there's something seriously wrong with that woman and I can't believe that Albertans voted her in. I doubt that the NDP will survive the next election but she can do an awful lot of damage in the meantime.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Can't see how they are going to damage Alberta any more than it has been damaged in the 44 years previously under the Conservatives.
Chill
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

flamingfingers wrote:^Can't see how they are going to damage Alberta any more than it has been damaged in the 44 years previously under the Conservatives.

They're the NDP - they always find a way.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

flamingfingers wrote:^Can't see how they are going to damage Alberta any more than it has been damaged in the 44 years previously under the Conservatives.

of course you can't see it, which is why the NDP in BC are going to lose yet another election in 2017. They never can see, acknowledge or apologize for the damage they do, which is why no one other than the blind zealots would ever vote for them. If they ever exercised even an ounce of humility, and said "we're sorry" then perhaps they could start to rebuild some trust. As it stands, they won't even apologize for Clark and Dix's backroom deal with the BCTF in 1998. So how can anyone trust them again?

The same goes for Notley. She got in thanks to anger at the ruling party and the other opposition party for crossing the floor. Will she be re-elected? Not if she continues down this same stupid tax and spend path that dooms all NDP governments.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

maple leaf wrote:But where are all the righties defending the crassness ,like they did for crass Christy.

I see your point, and I will just add that in this case I don't think Notley was being crass, she was just being an idiot. But in order to be a part of the NDP, and especially the leader, you can't be very bright, as possessing any intelligence would lead you to question how you can continually try and implement the same brainless ideologies and fail, over and over again, and yet never waver from implementing them, and failing. That kind of lunacy is special to the NDP, which is why I can see that Notley wasn't being crass, she was just being a typical brainless NDP'er.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

madmudder wrote:Bringing this subject up is crass. .

I love it when NDP'ers get their own medicine right back in their faces. You guys can sure dish it out, but you can't take it.
Not afraid to say "It".
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

As soon as I see something is credited to a source like TheRebel or the Sun chain of newspapers, I know it's going to be complete rightie propaganda. How is this even about Notley? It seems to be about some MLA rep's speech, which was somewhat inappropriately political. It's not like they were dancing on a grave.
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by maple leaf »

logicalview wrote:
I see your point, and I will just add that in this case I don't think Motley was being crass, she was just being an idiot. .

I agree Notley wasn't being crass as she wasn't even there..[/quote]

Return to “Canada”