Election sham: Liberal friendly org gets million $ contract

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Election sham: Liberal friendly org gets million $ contract

Post by Gone_Fishin »

FEBRUARY 12, 2016

Collusion and incompetence: More REVEALED about Media Party and Elections Canada in aftermath of $1M contract to Assembly of First Nations

BRIAN LILLEY
REBEL CO-FOUNDER

Remember back at the beginning of December we brought you the story of Elections Canada giving a $1M contract to the Assembly of First Nations (a partisan organization) to do voter outreach in order to increase voter turnout on reserves?

It was problematic for many reasons, and there were so many angles the media could have picked up on but they didn’t, choosing to ignore the story instead.

Except in one case where a CP reporter did ask Elections Canada a question about my story but he did so apologetically, as if he was sorry for even asking. Why? Because telling this story doesn’t fit the media’s narrative.

It seems unbelievable but this shows how the media operates in this country. So you see, it’s not simple incompetence but avoidance if it’s a story they’d rather not tell.

Do you know who is incompetent though? Elections Canada, and they don’t like it when anyone notices as these documents reveal.

They also reveal something even scarier. Elections Canada didn’t know about some of the problems with voting on reserves . . . except through Twitter.

Incompetence and collusion with the media. This is what we get from the organization that’s supposed to be the independent, non-partisan watchdog of our elections.

more here: http://www.therebel.media/documents_rev ... competence
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Election sham: Liberal friendly org gets million $ contr

Post by bob vernon »

Darn leftists anyhow! Don't they know they should only give contracts to card carrying members of the Conservative party? What was good for Steve should be good for us all.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

bob vernon wrote:Darn leftists anyhow! Don't they know they should only give contracts to card carrying members of the Conservative party? What was good for Steve should be good for us all.

Boy did the message of the OP ever fly over your head.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

And who is better positioned to promote people in First Nations coming out to vote than the Assembly of First Nations?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

hobbyguy wrote:And who is better positioned to promote people in First Nations coming out to vote than the Assembly of First Nations?

Any non-partisan group. Could be a group of elders, could be DNID, could be the hereditary chiefs' group.

AFN could have qualified IF they hadn't come out as a partisan organization during the election campaign. However, they are disqualified by their anti-Harper messages to native people across Canada.

Sadly, Justin's apologists seem ready to throw our democratic system under the bus when it suits their own agendas.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

hobbyguy wrote:And who is better positioned to promote people in First Nations coming out to vote than the Assembly of First Nations?

Well... I think Jack Leyton did a pretty damned good job getting Canadians in general out to vote .. Not sure why aboriginal groups need money to get only THEIR people out to vote...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

MAPearce wrote:Well... I think Jack Leyton did a pretty damned good job getting Canadians in general out to vote .. Not sure why aboriginal groups need money to get only THEIR people out to vote...

It's only going to get worse. Guaranteed.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”