Next Prime Minister.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Next Prime Minister.

Post by Ken7 »

There is a future for us yet, if a 21 year old can come up with this. This is a challenge for any politician.

Gotta love the Saskatchewan people: this was written by a 21 year old female who gets it. She's worried about the future and this is how she feels about the social welfare system that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense, in her opinion.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living".

Put me in charge of food grants. I'd get rid of cash for potato chips or chocolate, just money for 50kg bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Healthcare. The first thing I'd do is get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligation. Then, we'd test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce, or use drugs or alcohol, smoke, or get tattoos and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You WILL maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

Put me in charge of compulsory job search. You will either present a cheque stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem. If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND while you are on Government subsistence, you can no longer VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest ... you will most likely vote for a 'welfare' government, so you must voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a government welfare cheque. If you want to vote, then get a job.

How does that sit with you?? I think there are some valid points made..
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Next Prime Minister.

Post by flamingfingers »

Does this kid live on welfare???
Chill
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

flamingfingers wrote:Does this kid live on welfare???

I'd suggest not, that's why she is reflecting on the life style as she is. That's my take on it.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The sentiments expressed by that "Saskatchewan 21 Year Old" are certainly worthy and based in some serious common sense. That having been said, her letter was circulating a year or two ago on the internet, so it is hard to attribute it to anyone in particular. Nonetheless, the thinking expressed is sure food for thought.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Put me in charge of food grants. I'd get rid of cash for potato chips or chocolate, just money for 50kg bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

No money for fresh fruit and vegetables?

Put me in charge of Healthcare. The first thing I'd do is get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligation. Then, we'd test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce, or use drugs or alcohol, smoke, or get tattoos and piercings, then get a job.

Why not offer vasectomies and condoms? Easier and cheaper.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You WILL maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

Who is going to provide money for 'maintenance' - painting, repairing broken windows, rotting sidings, etc?

Put me in charge of compulsory job search. You will either present a cheque stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good..
"

Most workers DO NOT get paid 'every week'. AND how can you assume that people possess items that can be sold 'for the common good'.

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem. If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

If it were only due to 'other people's mistakes' and bad choices you need to get out of mom's basement suite for a decade or so.

AND while you are on Government subsistence, you can no longer VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest ... you will most likely vote for a 'welfare' government, so you must voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a government welfare cheque. If you want to vote, then get a job.

That is an assumption that you are not able to quantify. Or qualify.

You need to wipe the snot from your nose and get dry behind you ears.
Chill
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

You all have been punked. That's internet flotsam out of New Zealand that's been floating around for years. Put me in charge of checking your sources. . .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The reason that voters outnumber workers is because of an aging population, not because of welfare.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Partmanpartfish wrote:You all have been punked. That's internet flotsam out of New Zealand that's been floating around for years. Put me in charge of checking your sources. . .

A pet peeve is people who don't check this type of stuff before forwarding or posting.

Please verify first!

Oh and don't forget to like this post and Microsoft will send you $100.00.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I don't care where or when it is from, some of it still has some merit.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

No it doesn't. It completely violates citizen's rights, imposes communist-esque restrictions on citizens, and assumes that they are leeching welfare because of their own bad choices.

Who here has been laid off from a job? Does that mean you should automatically be stripped of your rights and become a ward of the state? Report into your Gustapo each morning for your drug and alcohol test, strip naked and show your tattoos and piercings. Looks like you ate a McDonald's hamburger yesterday. You are banned from receiving your daily rice allotment.

And how is being able to vote a conflict of interest? Are you not still a citizen of the country? What rediculous nonesense that someone who broke their leg, lost their job and is having trouble finding new work should no longer be able to participate in the democratic process.

Oh but it's completely voluntary. Yes every Canadian is voluntarily not working.
"You want such and such, then get a job" oh I didn't realize it was so easy. What are all these oil workers complaining about losing their jobs for, if they can just magically get another job at any time. Mcdonalds is hiring. I'm sure $8.50 an hour will go a long way towards raising their families.

The fact is many jobs are disappearing, and automation and outsourcing are partly responsible.We didn't stop using horses for transportation because they are lazy. We stopped using them because we came up with better more efficient replacements.

When a root replaces you at your job, it's not because you made bad choices. It's because your boss decided it was in their best interest to pay for a machine and maintainence rather than to pay a salary and benefits.

Switzerland is currently looking into a national stipend that the government gives all citizens. Essentially if you are a Swiss citizen, you get a monthly allowance from the government that allows you just enough to get by. If you want to have any sort of lavish lifestyle though, then yes, having a job will allow you that. Note Switzerland is not going to invade anyone's privacy or tell them that they need their reproductive organs tampered with.

Last edited by Omnitheo on Feb 15th, 2016, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

AND while you are on Government subsistence, you can no longer VOTE

Oil company CEO's that get massive subsidies, company owners hiring TFW's, company owners using government technology grants and and people making over 200,000 a year getting child tax credits wouldn't be able to vote either, I'm assuming.

This 21 year old wants to roll back democracy to England in the 1800's where only property owners could vote.

Ok then. 21 year old needs more life experience.
Last edited by Atomoa on Feb 15th, 2016, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

Sounds like all the bones to make a communist machine.
That's why it's a hoax.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Atomoa wrote:
Oil company CEO's that get massive subsidies, company owners hiring TFW's, company owners using government technology grants and and people making over 200,000 a year getting child tax credits wouldn't be able to vote either, I'm assuming.

This 21 year old wants to roll back democracy to early England in the 1800's where only property owners could vote.

Ok then. 21 year old needs more life experience.

Did anyone get a carbon tax credit in the mail?
Please report to the government building for your full body scan. Be sure to have your financial records available. That $10 you gave your nephew to grab some snacks with his friends doesn't comply with the government approved list of appropriate expenses
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by flamingfingers » Yesterday, 5:30 pm

Does this kid live on welfare???

Are you asking if she is NDP ??
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Smurf wrote:I don't care where or when it is from, some of it still has some merit.

I agree, there needs to be a way of stopping people from bleeding the system (Country)
as their chosen career..sometimes for multiple generations.

When the recipients of these social welfare programs live higher on the hog than the families
of the gainfully employed. The system is broken.

FYI, I was raised in a neighbourhood in Saskatchewan where this was the norm, rather than the exception!

And generally, it wasn't the kids of the "gainfully employed" (there's an oxymoron for you) that were out
stealing everything and anything they could either.

Tends to turn a person fairly jaded, which I might add, is difficult to overcome.

Now I'm not even sure how off topic I am....Lol...rant over!!!
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Canada”