Canadians back bold climate-change action, poll finds

Static
Guru

Re: Canadians back bold climate-change action, poll finds

Post by Static »

Yes folks! And that is how you bring a tax hike into existence without public outcry. What suckers!
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

MAPearce wrote:What ? Like a Chinook ??

if you are a Leo DiCraprio then yes, a Chinook is definitely a great indicator that the man-made climate change myth is real.
Not afraid to say "It".
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

if you are a Leo DiCraprio then yes, a Chinook is definitely a great indicator that the man-made climate change myth is real.

He saw it with his own eyes !!!!!!

Must be real "man made " climate change ... That's been happening FOREVER .

What a rube.......
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

logicalview wrote:
Ok, so you just state a number out of thin air. Great response. So at that price you have 383 Liberal cronies, plus JT, wife, 3 kids, and two nannies, so 390 people travelling to Paris, staying there an entire week, or more, and they somehow were able to do it all, meals, flights and hotels included, for $1,667 per person.

and you really should heed your own advice, as you and reality don't seem to be friends very often.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/the ... -1.2686239
Of those funds, about $200,000 is allocated for accommodation, $48,000 for flights, $105,967 for meals and incidentals, and $200,000 for “other” (transport, office and equipment rental, telecommunications, shipping and hospitality), according to an Environment Canada official.
In addition, an estimated $121,500 will been provided to other Canadian delegates -- including youth, NGOs, Aboriginal organizations, and opposition MPs -- who were invited to Paris by McKenna.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 23rd, 2016, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal attack
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

I'm pretty sure none of the right-wingers on board have any business experience. None. Nada. If they did, they'd know the small amount of money that was spent on Paris 'selling' Canada can pay large dividends.

I certainly wish Harper had spent a little time and money selling Canada around the world. But I guess he was too busy spending $750 MILLION on advertising telling Canadians how great he was.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Partmanpartfish wrote:I'm pretty sure none of the right-wingers on board have any business experience.

Why, do you? What is the relevance of this?
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Omnitheo wrote:Of those funds, about $200,000 is allocated for accommodation, $48,000 for flights, $105,967 for meals and incidentals, and $200,000 for “other” (transport, office and equipment rental, telecommunications, shipping and hospitality), according to an Environment Canada official.
In addition, an estimated $121,500 will been provided to other Canadian delegates -- including youth, NGOs, Aboriginal organizations, and opposition MPs -- who were invited to Paris by McKenna.

Sorry, but this is complete crap. $48,000 for flights - for 390 people? That's only $123 each return air fare to Paris. Nope, just crap. $200,000 to house 390 people in Paris for a week? Where did they all stay, in a cardboard box outside the Eiffel Tower? $200K was probably just what it cost Justin and his wife and kids and nannies, let alone the other 383 cronies. So no, that's crap too. $105,976 for 390 people to eat in Paris for a week? Where did they all eat in Paris, at soup kitchens? In Paris I would bet even the soup kitchens have better food than we have in a lot of restaurants here. Sorry, but this is just a giant load of poop - there is no way you can fly 390 people to Paris, have them stay there for an entire week (or more) and it cost less than $5,000 a person. It's just not possible.
Not afraid to say "It".
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

LV, you are assuming that the government covered 100% of everyone's cost. That's not what happened.

From Omnitheo's link above:
Officials from each province and municipality attending the two-week long COP21 talks are expected to cover their own costs.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

JLives wrote:LV, you are assuming that the government covered 100% of everyone's cost. That's not what happened.

So municipalities and provinces sending elected representatives went to Paris on their own dime? Kathleen Wynne paid to go to Paris TWICE on her own dime? Really? No taxpayer money was spent on anybody? This is just semantics being used to cover up a disgusting use of taxpayer cash to reward a bunch of cronies by sending them to a giant climate party. And to try and claim that it only cost $650K is just a joke. A complete joke.
Not afraid to say "It".
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

logicalview wrote:So municipalities and provinces sending elected representatives went to Paris on their own dime? Kathleen Wynne paid to go to Paris TWICE on her own dime? Really? No taxpayer money was spent on anybody? This is just semantics being used to cover up a disgusting use of taxpayer cash to reward a bunch of cronies by sending them to a giant climate party. And to try and claim that it only cost $650K is just a joke. A complete joke.

Well, not everything is described in absolutes so there's your issue. I didn't say no taxpayer money was used as that would not be true. I also didn't say who paid for what as that has not been released yet. SOME people paid to go and SOME people did not. I image there were also some who paid for some things and not for others out of their own pocket. That's not what semantics means and it was what actually happened.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

logicalview wrote:Sorry, but this is complete crap. $48,000 for flights - for 390 people? That's only $123 each return air fare to Paris. Nope, just crap. $200,000 to house 390 people in Paris for a week? Where did they all stay, in a cardboard box outside the Eiffel Tower? $200K was probably just what it cost Justin and his wife and kids and nannies, let alone the other 383 cronies. So no, that's crap too. $105,976 for 390 people to eat in Paris for a week? Where did they all eat in Paris, at soup kitchens? In Paris I would bet even the soup kitchens have better food than we have in a lot of restaurants here. Sorry, but this is just a giant load of poop - there is no way you can fly 390 people to Paris, have them stay there for an entire week (or more) and it cost less than $5,000 a person. It's just not possible.

You beat me to it. I just checked flights from Toronto to Paris. One flight for under $1000, They rest are between $1500 and $2000. Take a conservative number and say $1500. 1500* 350 is $520,000, just for flights. For accommodation in Paris (not out in the boonies) you are looking at at least $200/night. Again I am being conservative. 350 * 200 = 70,000 per night! Lets say they had 5 nights, that is 350,000. The total is already close to 900,000. Add in food - you are probably looking at $100 per day for food (remember, this is Paris and it is expensive). $100 * 350 = 35,000 per day. Again, 5 days you are looking at $175,000. Already well over 1,000,000. Include all the incidentals such as taxis and drinks, etc, and it could be well over 1,500,000 or more.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Muzza wrote:I just checked flights from Toronto to Paris. One flight for under $1000, They rest are between $1500 and $2000.

Below is our selection of the cheapest tickets on Air France return flights between Toronto and Paris:
http://www.airfrance.ca/flights/toronto+paris
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Did they use commercial flights or charter?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

this is a non issue compared to the amounts herr harper spent for the g20 summit

The total combined cost between the 36th G8 summit in Huntsville and the G20 summit in Toronto including security, infrastructure, and hospitality, was determined to be approximately C$858 million.[8]

Return to “Canada”