A Canadian is a Canadian

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: A Canadian is a Canadian

Post by fluffy »

...and that I will faithfully observe the laws of Canada and fulfill my duties as a Canadian citizen.
-from the Canadian Oath of Citizenship

Sounds like the wording of this contract is pretty clear. If you can't hold up your end of the agreement then consider it cancelled.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Agreed Fluffy. In fact I Say if you are convicted of a terrorist act and any one has died because of it, you are not a Canadian and you deserve the death penalty. You are not worth keeping alive.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

The saddest part of this bill--like so many other Harper bills--is it wasn't designed to fix a problem, it was designed to simply be red meat for the Conservative's poorly educated and racist base.

You have to wonder why they didn't also ban Sharia law.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Smurf wrote:Agreed Fluffy. In fact I Say if you are convicted of a terrorist act and any one has died because of it, you are not a Canadian and you deserve the death penalty. You are not worth keeping alive.

I could support that. Omar Khadr, you're first. Justin, quit hugging that murderer and taking selfies.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I know this is a bit off topic but close.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/15 ... et-assault

No days in jail, just a free ticket home to Saudi Arabia on the first available flight. We don't want him in Canada.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

^
That's right. Who needs due process when we can just behave like a banana republic?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

A Canadian is a Canadian when he / she , who took a vow to uphold our laws and values , abides by those laws and values...

When they scream about their right to kill for "honour" , mutilate the genitals of their females or claim any other religious right that goes against the Charter of Rights and Freedoms , they should forfeit all the rights that CANADIANS value .

A Canadian is NOT a Canadian when they use any " belief" from any other country , religion or culture to usurp the rights of any other person who doesn't belong to it..

Period.

Send em packing if they don't like or obey OUR laws.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

We should also deport Martians, because they are about the same amount of trouble as terrorists in this country.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rwede wrote:Suzuki is one of Justin's biggest supporters. You two have more in common than you may think.

Judging by number of posts about him, I'd say you, LV and ilk are Suzuki's biggest supporters. Nobody else ever even mentions him.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I am not surprised that Trudeau junior would change legislation to make it harder to get rid of Terrorists who have slipped through through his "rushed" security check system. It is the kind of theoretical thinking that gets people killed in reality that is consistent with Liberal Trudeau thinking.

The theory is good but the lack of reality inherent in it is dangerous to Canadians, including Canadians who are not terrorists who have immigrated to Canada.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Why does everybody assume that the majority of terrorists are from another country? Because, as many nations are discovering, all too often terrorists turn out to be "home grown".
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

This is not about country of birth. Anyone can commit acts of terrorism and treason. What was repealed applies only to those convicted of such acts who hold DUAL citizenship. They also have citizenship with another country.

The practice of allowing "Canadians" to hold dual citizenship is maybe another issue that deserves a closer look.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Partmanpartfish wrote:

That's right. Who needs due process when we can just behave like a banana republic?

Did you even bother to read my quote or did you just have trouble understanding it? he went through due process and plead guilty. There were even some charges dropped that he was obviously guilty of. Probably just to get the guilty pleas and avoid a longer court process. He is apparently not even a Canadian citizen as they said a citizen of Saudi Arabia. Why do we want him in Canada and why would we be a banana republic if we returned him home.

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Smurf wrote:He is apparently not even a Canadian citizen as they said a citizen of Saudi Arabia. Why do we want him in Canada and why would we be a banana republic if we returned him home.

I'm glad he's serving time in Canada for his crimes. It might teach him a lesson. I know I know .. probably not. But he might think twice about coming here and cause trouble again.
And yes he should go home afterwards as he's not even a Canadian.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder

Return to “Canada”