Trudeau mandate will end in economic catastrophe

logicalview
Guru

Re: The Trudeau mandate is going to end in economic catastro

Post by logicalview »

JLives wrote:Until you guys realize that and change your platform you will continue to lose.

and until the NDP realizes that this is not Soviet Russia or Venezuela, they will also continue to lose.
Not afraid to say "It".
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

JLives wrote:. Until you guys realize that and change your platform you will continue to lose.
Remind me again who was in power the last ten years? So not sure where you come up with your bold continue to lose statement.!
Or are you referring to the NDP with that statement a party who has never been a leader at the federal level?
At the rate little Pierre is going with all his whirl wind tours and now on a ski vacation his second vacation since taking office only a few short months ago it's looking like he'll lead the liberals to a one and done term of power.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Remind me again who was in power the last ten years? So not sure where you come up with your bold continue to lose statement.!
Or are you referring to the NDP with that statement a party who has never been a leader at the federal level?
At the rate little Pierre is going with all his whirl wind tours and now on a ski vacation his second vacation since taking office only a few short months ago it's looking like he'll lead the liberals to a one and done term of power.!

Was he actually skiing? Or just up at the hill taking selfies all day?

Who really cares if he takes holidays constantly. He's just a puppet/front man/talking head/hired actor anyway.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/02/just ... wboarding/
Not afraid to say "It".
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

logicalview wrote:
Was he actually skiing? Or just up at the hill taking selfies all day?

Who really cares if he takes holidays constantly. He's just a puppet/front man/talking head/hired actor anyway.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2016/02/just ... wboarding/
Hard to say either way but one thing is for sure , there was probably a big bong involved before either activity took place.! :-)
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Trudeau mandate will end in economic catastrophe

Post by Omnitheo »

Would you like others to scrutinize every little thing you do?

Jimbo had a beer. Oh my, what horror. Why doesn't he actually contribute something to Canada and to his employer? Already he's taken a 2 day weekend off work this week alone! How can someone be so lazy. His employer should look at replacing him with someone who will work harder and won't waste their time on beer or forums.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Perhaps indeed we should remind ourselves of who was in power in Canada for the nearly the last decade. A far right ideologue named Harper (remember, so far right that Ralph Klein publicly denounced many of his ideas).

Then we need to reflect on what the results of that period have been.

1. A less friendly country.
2. A billion$ "spook palace" got built, and Canada spied on its own citizens and foreign allies.
3. Corporations were given free rein to attack wages through dismembering unions, bringing in TFWs to do work for lower wages, resulting in fewer economic opportunities for average Canadians.
4. Canadian company after Canadian company was allowed to fall into foreign hands and a substantial number were shut down to secure market share or enhance the dividends of foreign companies in foreign companies in foreign countries.
5. Foreign buyers, both corporate and speculative buyers have been allowed to drive average Canadians out of some real estate markets.
6. Foreign and corporate buyers (mostly foreign corporate buyers) have been allowed to gobble up farmland.
7. Canada has been locked into "free" trade deals with unsavory countries like Honduras. What benefit flows to the average Canadian from such deals?
8. The mechanisms that were in place to bring people together around economic developments have been gutted in favor of rubber stamping corporate wants. The NGP sham NEB hearings being a classic example, and failed to recognize this truth: where there is no broad consensus, then such projects will not proceed - "rubber stamp" approval given meaning nothing.
9. Law after law was passed that was rejected by the SOC as unconstitutional. In the interim periods those unconstitutional laws caused a lot of people a lot of grief.
10. The PM Harper reneged on his promises to improve the senate, and in fact tried to make the senate a political arm of the PMO, serving absolutely no purpose in our democracy.
11. Worked very hard to concentrate power in the PMO, muzzling bureaucrats, scientists, cutting the CBC budget etc. to try to control the flow of information and ensure that it reflected a given message. Spent unprecedented sums of public money on purely partisan advertising.
12. Gave tax cuts to the wealthiest and corporations and ratcheted up user fees to compensate making the tax system more favorable to the already wealthy and corporations. Thus exacerbating and accelerating the income inequality problem.
13. Cut programs that average citizens rely on. Veterans support and increasing the retirement age being just two examples. Thus further exacerbating the income inequality.
14. Refused to meet with provincial premiers and openly undercut them.

...etc. etc. etc....

There are many examples, both in history and contemporaneously, of "leaders" and political organizations that made similar moves. None of them are savory.

And the reality is that Harper's mandate has ended in economic catastrophe. His one trick policy "tar sands or bust" has failed - miserably.

However, now that he is gone (sort of, he refuses to do the honorable thing and give up his seat), Canadians are very resilient folk, we will find a way forward. That way forward won't look like the past, so it will be interesting as all get out to watch it unfold.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Omnitheo wrote:Would you like others to scrutinize every little thing you do?

Jimbo had a beer. Oh my, what horror. Why doesn't he actually contribute something to Canada and to his employer? Already he's taken a 2 day weekend off work this week alone! How can someone be so lazy. His employer should look at replacing him with someone who will work harder and won't waste their time on beer or forums.
Yes I know the stress of having a full time job must be killing little Pierre.
You know he must be burning himself out as all he has had for time off in his first four months is a beach vacation ,then Christmas break, and now a ski holiday, oh yes and his party in Paris.
Oh and then wanting to go to a four day work week , easy to tell that he never had a real job before this with the lack of work ethics he has shown so far.
Someone should tell little Pierre that there is more to being the PM then holidaying and taking selfies .
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I'm saying what does it matter what he does with his time off? Whether he goes skiing, or watches a movie.
We all have weekends and vacations (thanks unions), and it's up to us how to use them. Whether that means going on vacation with your family or drinking beer at home with your friends.

For some reason though you Trudeau fanatics just can't stop obsessing over the man and his every action.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I guess the difference is no one gave a crap what Harper did on his off time for various reasons
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Omnitheo wrote:I'm saying what does it matter what he does with his time off? Whether he goes skiing, or watches a movie.
We all have weekends and vacations (thanks unions), and it's up to us how to use them. Whether that means going on vacation with your family or drinking beer at home with your friends.

For some reason though you Trudeau fanatics just can't stop obsessing over the man and his every action.
Seems like a lot of vacation time already used for only being on the job four months.!!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

bernie428 wrote:I would like to know how much community work he participates in?

O’Leary and wife, Linda, choose seven charities to focus on for five-year periods. “We focus on those charities and we try to make a difference,” he says. “That’s how people should do it. They should decide what percentage of their income they’re going to give away and then instead of scattering it, get focused. Pick a few institutions that matter to you and give all your money to them.”
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

dieseluphammerdown wrote:Someone should tell little Pierre that there is more to being the PM then holidaying and taking selfies .

That's all the air-head apparent has done his whole life, why would he change his habits now, just because he's the leader of a country?
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Omnitheo wrote:

oh boo-hoo. It's going to be a lonnnnng four years for you Trudeau-lovers. The true critiques haven't even started yet, and there are going to be a lot of them.
Not afraid to say "It".
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

logicalview wrote:
oh boo-hoo. It's going to be a lonnnnng four years for you Trudeau-lovers. The true critiques haven't even started yet, and there are going to be a lot of them.

I look forward to your multiple posts about paintings and selfies. IMO you should have waited for stuff that matter before you started complaining. If/when something important goes off the rails, no one is going to care what you have to say because its the same thing you say on every selfie post and it losses its effect. It's basically crying wolf.

The posters in this thread are doing a huge disservice to the conservative movement in Canada. If you care about Conservative movement you will slow down your rhetoric, as a conservative voter I find it embarrassing and makes me want to distance myself from the party. Is that your goal? to turn off people who did not vote for Justin, that is what you are doing.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ Self righteous Justin Liberal fanbois really dislike it when someone challenges their sunny ways.

That attempt to muzzle dissent is damned near Notley-like.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”