Liberal forced to resign over tweets

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liberal forced to resign over tweets

Post by Rwede »

Ahh, the progressive party of equality and inclusiveness.

Liberals. Yuck.

Liberal resigns over tweets
The Canadian Press - Mar 3, 2016 / 11:06 am |

A Manitoba Liberal candidate who was criticized for using derogatory terms to refer to women on social media has resigned.

Jamie Hall was nominated as a Winnipeg-area candidate Tuesday night. Less than 24 hours later, the NDP demanded his resignation after unearthing dozens of tweets over the years in which Hall used terms such as "*bleep*" and "*bleep*."

Hall initially apologized but also defended his comments by calling them humorous and satirical.

Rest of the sad story: http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/159 ... ver-tweets
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Re: Liberal forced to resign over tweets

Post by whatwhat »

Yup, us Liberals are all *yuck* because this one person is *removed* up. Right on. You got us.
Last edited by ferri on Mar 3rd, 2016, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: auto censor workaround
hail Satan y'all
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Man I thought this ended with the election. Liberals and ndp making dumb tweets and conservatives *bleep* in people's mugs
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

thanks for reminding me not to get served drinks from conservatives lol
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Let me be very clear here - this is to be a civil conversation, everybody. Don't turn it into a mud-slinging match just because the material makes it tempting to do so.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Doesn't seem like politicians learn much huh. He may be just a great person in all reality, but your past is part of your character, and if you want to be a public figure prepare to have your behavior examined.

In our last federal run here we saw a bunch of this. Some parties simply said "thanks for coming but bye now" other parties defended the same actions.

Personally I think it is reasonable to ask them to step down,they should have either scrubbed their online background, or not been an idiot even if meant in humorous ways.

If you want to have a public office type career sometime, either get in front of things you said 20 years ago and own who you are instead of hiding who you may have been, or just not be like that, however if you want to say "that was 2 years ago before I grew up" well, you need to be gone anyways because that kind of excuse makes it clear, you still haven't grown up.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I like how Harper dealt with any character problems among his candidates - he booted their sorry *bleep* to the curb, right away.

The Justin Liberals? They just tried to defend the undefendable, just like his fanbois do on this board day in and day out.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Rwede wrote:I like how Harper dealt with any character problems among his candidates - he booted their sorry *bleep* to the curb, right away.

The Justin Liberals? They just tried to defend the undefendable, just like his fanbois do on this board day in and day out.

How did the Liberal government try and defend this guy?? He was "forced" to resign, which is "booting his *bleep* to the curb".
hail Satan y'all

Return to “Canada”