Ezra shows hes a coward

Veovis
Guru

Re: Ezra shows hes a coward

Post by Veovis »

Pat-Taporter - you misunderstand. Me stating that I viewed Ezra as entertainment (not media) and that people should take some responsibility in what they take from the media they come across, somehow you took that as me thinking Ezra didn't put out a crap article and then went in a long speech to prove your point. I never took that stance.

This thread was never about proving that article one way or the other. In fact the actual thread was about the fact that to conclude the issue he was renouncing his status as a lawyer. That is pretty much an admission of guilt if I ever saw one. People wanted to call him a coward for it, however it wasn't cowardice it was actually just a good lawyer move to end it and walk away.

Personally I found it hilariously ironic that the most lawyer things he has done in years was actually quitting being a lawyer. Basically he loses nothing and wins the ability to walk away from it all. I don't even want to try to make people think it was right or wrong that's silly, I noted it was the smart play.

However like all media out there, crap like this happens all the time, and there are a lot less retractions that ever occur than you seem to believe, that's why when I see Ezra show boating I know to take it with a grain of salt the same and when David Suzuki gets up and spouts piles of lies as well. I can look at both the righty and the lefty in those cases and know that both are full of crap. It isn't an either or when it comes to media, they are just out to make some cash, people have a responsibility sadly to weed through the crap.

Once that wasn't what journalism was, but sadly it's what it is now.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Okay, thanks, and I'm sorry I took you the wrong way.
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

An ode to Ezera, et al.

“Well you know you can’t stop it when they start to play, you gotta get out the way.”

Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Pat-Taporter wrote:Okay, thanks, and I'm sorry I took you the wrong way.

No worries.....and.....nice video. Funny how from the 80's and the same still rather applies.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Partmanpartfish wrote:Ezra IrreLevant. Why does the right pick the most despicable cowards for their heroes?

I doubt that Ezra would score well on a list of icons of the Right.

He's a gadfly. Not a bad thing to have in a society that professes to value diversity of opinion.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Judging by the type of colossal mardy tw@s that hate him here - he sure must be doing something right.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

fluffy wrote:Maybe I'm out of date, but I always considered the title of "journalist" as carrying some measure of ethical responsibility with it.

Sorry to inform you but that ship sailed a long time ago, and it's name by the way was Titanic. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Veovis wrote:
No worries.....and.....nice video. Funny how from the 80's and the same still rather applies.

Thanks again. You actually taught me something here: To read this forum more closely, while taking less close readings of Ezera. LOL Ezera is far less likely to respond to attempts at critical reasoning with somethig valuable to take away.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

sobrohusfat wrote:Judging by the type of colossal mardy tw@s that hate him here - he sure must be doing something right.

I suppose it depends on what you see as "right". He certainly has made a science out of appealing to people who are given to responding with anger rather than taking the time to think things through, and Alberta is fertile ground for preying on people's fear right now. He's got a full bag of tricks when it comes to cheap tactics and this latest is just another example of that.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

sobrohusfat wrote:Judging by the type of colossal mardy tw@s that hate him here - he sure must be doing something right.

Yes, I think our cheerful carefree unspoiled Ezra would agree with you.

I’m sure he wishes his critics would, “Stop being (so) mardy and make (him) some toast,” (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mardy).
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

With echoed apologies for certain words in the title and content.

An academic study.

ValueWalk
On The Reception And Detection Of Pseudo-Profound *bleep*

By VW Staff on November 30, 2015 11:27 pm in Business
On The Reception And Detection Of Pseudo-Profound *bleep*

http://www.valuewalk.com/2015/11/on-the ... -bullshit/

H/T Noah Smith

Gordon Pennycook

James Allan Cheyne

Nathaniel Barr

Derek J. Koehler

Jonathan A. Fugelsang

Editor’s note: we do not use four letter words in posts but that is the title of the post here so we are maintaining it.

. . . *bleep* receptivity (the bigger the fabrication the more likelihood towards overcoming gullibility and achieving success with it)

What might cause someone to erroneously rate pseudo-profound *bleep* as profound? In our view, there are two candidate mechanisms that might explain a general “receptivity” to *bleep*. The first mechanism relates to the possibility that some people may have a stronger bias toward accepting things as true or meaningful from the outset. . . .

Hey, I know what you’re thinking!

Return to “Canada”